invasion of the pures!

bemiz

frankl, there are too many pures in runescape. what happened to the nice-but- annoying level 28 with 13 range, 14 mage, and 30 attack?

now there are level 60's with 90 magic, and 78s with 94 strength.

now, i just think this is really harming the runescape world...

I mean, this is JUST an opinion...

Guest IdiotElzar

Runescapes falling apart, it's becoming less and less medieval. I miss the RSC days where an update was like Jesus reviving, and PKing was fun.

Yep, when you killed someone at the beginning of RSC everyone saw the loot at once, and if someone else was on the pile, you couldn't take the items... That was really nice, wasn't it? (Sarcasm, of course, RS2 pking is a lot more interesting and diversified. And I wouldn't say RS is falling apart lol, more the opposite)

ranger4life995ut.gif

Why do you people talk as if RSC didn't have "pures"? They had names back then, iron, steel, black, mith, ect.. They had what we call Tank Mages and Rangers along with impures(a character with magic but combat stats besides defense). Quit acting as though dueling and pking weren't that big then and now. THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE BESIDES THE NUMBER OF THEM. There's well over a million users now and if some plays for awhile and wants to make a pure why can't he/she?

Why do you people talk as if RSC didn't have "pures"? They had names back then, iron, steel, black, mith, ect.. They had what we call Tank Mages and Rangers along with impures(a character with magic but combat stats besides defense). Quit acting as though dueling and pking weren't that big then and now. THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE BESIDES THE NUMBER OF THEM. There's well over a million users now and if some plays for awhile and wants to make a pure why can't he/she?

Yep, you hardly ever saw addy pures though, but somehow a bunch of addy pures came storming in just before rs2 came out. Most of them were staking. But why be all so defensive? All he said was theres alot of pures nowadays. There is a HUGE difference in the amount of pures. How can you say that there is no difference between the number of pures compared to RSC? Thats completely bogus. I've played since 02 btw.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Runescapes falling apart, it's becoming less and less medieval. I miss the RSC days where an update was like Jesus reviving, and PKing was fun.

well if you still want that, it's pretty much exactly that effect for f2p.

tipitlessersigea3.png

the only good pure, is a rune pure :wink:

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

Of course there'd be more pures. There are more people ...

Nobody makes their first account a pure. They just don't have enough knowledge. Now that people have established main accounts, pures are of course more widespread.

I guess my post didn't really contribute much to the thread ...

Wait. I mean to say, if you look at the ratio of pures/normals, you'd probably find that is hasn't changed much.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I think that the pure ratio has risen. While most (52-3%) players have at least one pure (including skill pures) I think most people who have pures have more than one. I wasn't around back in the day but from what I have gathered people commonly had a main and possibly a pure. I have a main, a staker, a f2p mage pure, and am starting a f2p range pure.

P.S. Here is the info from the Jagex pure poll:

I have a Melee Pure.

15118 votes / 18%

I have a Mage Pure.

11866 votes / 14%

I have a Ranger Pure.

9265 votes / 11%

I have a Skill Pure.

7909 votes / 9%

No, I do not have a pure character.

39275 votes / 47%

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

C wars is usually infested with pures when I'm playing... Got owned by lvl 70 he hit 24-24 and I'm dead. One of the reasons I don't play c wars too often nowadays.

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

i just wish that....y'know..the # of pures would decrease...unsuspecting victims have lost much to pures...

i agree...i guess alot more people had lifes on RSC compared to all the pures now adays <.<

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Of course there'd be more pures. There are more people ...

Nobody makes their first account a pure. They just don't have enough knowledge. Now that people have established main accounts, pures are of course more widespread.

I guess my post didn't really contribute much to the thread ...

Wait. I mean to say, if you look at the ratio of pures/normals, you'd probably find that is hasn't changed much.

My first ever acccount (taito2004) was a pure.. a pure miner 'cause it was all I know how to do <.< :lol:

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

i just wish that....y'know..the # of pures would decrease...unsuspecting victims have lost much to pures...

i agree...i guess alot more people had lifes on RSC compared to all the pures now adays <.<

no RSC was much harder to gain exp in

(late RSC)30k exp an hour was golden exp for melee stats, infact im not even sure 30k exp an hour was possible in RSC

(RS2, soon after Slayer)my friend told me it took him 3 days to get a lvl off 92+ melee stats when training on focused. with a whip

(today) now in a day i can get 1.2mil str exp.

just tons easier to get exp today

pest control fueled ALOT of this, i seen alot of pures gettin like 90 + str from pest control and alot of low lvls like lvl 80s with 94 magic. its insane.

magic and ranged used to be a LITTLE hard to raise, i was like lvl 90 when i first got 55 magic and i was lvl 95 before a i had a whip...and now i see tons of lvl 70's

ive actually heard some talk about jagex looking to increase the 1 most important and all class related skills, HP, this is all speculation but ive heard from a few player mod friends that the Jmods are thinking if any skill is going to go over lvl 100 any time soon, theyd like it to be HP

How about you quit acting like you know it all? Impures were far from having combat stats besides defense. Impures were the "mains" of people. They had average joe stats like 60 all or 70 all, instead of 50 10 70 for example. Defense was the only advantage impures had over pures. :roll:

F2p wildy only sees pures now. In essence, there is nothing wrong with a pure: just a strategically developed character.

But pures do seem to be much more effective in wildy than balanced characters, to a point that you're not bringing your main character into wildy anymore (he doesn't stand a chance anyway). And that's a bit my problem: if you wanna pk, you'll need a pure. Since I really like my main, i don't feel like creating a pure and this means that i can't really enjoy all pieces of runescape. That's very disappointing.

phata_elise.png

How about you quit acting like you know it all? Impures were far from having combat stats besides defense. Impures were the "mains" of people. They had average joe stats like 60 all or 70 all, instead of 50 10 70 for example. Defense was the only advantage impures had over pures. :roll:

Now I have to apologize, I said the wrong thing there in my bolded part. I meant to say pretty much what you said. Thanks for clearing it up.

whats the point in pures its no fun whats the point in fighting if u cant defend urself

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard