More posts per page!

I think this forum needs more posts per page. it discourages me to post in a nine page long dscussion since i will never see the poeples replys, unless i track every topic I post in which would clutter my inbox. I don't know what the number is know, but i know it should be increased.

skeeler100.gif

Actually I like the idea. Maybe have the option in your profile to choose how many posts per page you see, like you see on other forums. (ie 10, 15, 20)

sig2ho7.jpg

The current posts per page is 15 , I'll bump it to 20 for the time being and we'll re-evaluate it from there. I know its not a big change but as it needs to pull that info from the database , it needs to be slowly moved to idnetify the impact it will have on page loads.

As for making a configurable MOD out of it , I'll look into it but time is a bit short on weekdays.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I shall look forward to this. I like viewing about 50 posts per page. :shock: :)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I shall look forward to this. I like viewing about 50 posts per page. :shock: :)

Ditto, but this is a good change already! :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Yeah Great Idea, I think it would be a great feature, especially for the Broadband users, whom don't really care too much as to how many posts per page you can have. :)

Eelspremiers: Its less about speeding things up for Broadband/Dialup users and more about how well the Tip.it server can cope

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Eelspremiers: Its less about speeding things up for Broadband/Dialup users and more about how well the Tip.it server can cope

would it be better if there were more posts on a page, or less?

if you move from 15 to 20, thats fewer pages you need to open up, so you dont have to load the top part of the page as much.

alternatively, if you move from 20 to 15, in big topics with lots of pages you can get to where you last were and not have to load as many posts.

i dont know if that makes anysense, and if it does which way would be better.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

would it be better if there were more posts on a page, or less?

if you move from 15 to 20, thats fewer pages you need to open up, so you dont have to load the top part of the page as much.

alternatively, if you move from 20 to 15, in big topics with lots of pages you can get to where you last were and not have to load as many posts.

i dont know if that makes anysense, and if it does which way would be better.

I think that's where customization comes into play. :shock:

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I like this a lot :D I personally like as many as possible, just because I hate to have to click so often. Of course, it's been 10 for the 6 months I've been here, so I think I'm good no matter what :)