Sometimes, you just really enjoy playing this game...

tobeyfox

i just broke my forearm in half due to a gocart besides, its harder to burn lobs than wuss sharks flipping / all 780 lbs landing on it - and ive found rs absolutely boring for the passed couple of months, recently i logged on and im loving rs for some reason.... maybe its the meds just making me high as akite tho :-$

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a mate, who was scammed from his armour. Te next day I met him in Varrock, and gave him warrior helm, rune plate and rune kite. He was really happy, and it made me feel happy.

It's all about self-esteem.

P.S. Guthix is my lord

And 200 mogres later, I got some flippers.

akor+shardax.png

I was cutting maples for a friend today, and someone offers to sell me 300 maples. I say I'll buy 260 'cause I only have 26k in cash atm. But he sells 300 for 26k. So, in exchange for his generosity I gave him a free rune warhammer (he was lvl 43).

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol:

lol i wish more people were like that.

i got a really horrible story of someone giving away a free whip(my bad story telling and a horrible end)

i was playing cw on w2 on zammy. some person needed a whip screaming it near a bunch of 120s+. one of them gives him a free whip immedatly she is attacked by over half of the people in the room, all screaming "phr33 wh1p pl0x!" or something like that. at that time i was in disgust(sp?) just for giving someone a free whip a person gets attacked by 100 noobs all wanting one. almost everyone in the area except me and another person was begging that person. the worse part is it was people lvl30-100 begging her for a free whip.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

That was a really nice story. Very good to know that yes, some good people do exist. I have a friend, I met fishing, I don't know them extremely well but they're always willing to give me anything I need. Yesterday they gave me several sharks for free, and once a bunch of tarromins. And they even offered to give me some money so I didn't have to selll my gilded (but I'd already done so) but I couldn't accept money.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

I always give out small things like "1 mage log" or "1 tele rune"

I'd like to be treated like that so i do it.

Was the person Shay Dee?

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

I always give out small things like "1 mage log" or "1 tele rune"

I'd like to be treated like that so i do it.

Was the person Shay Dee?

*laughs* No, is this turning into a guessing game now?

Today I have read the tip.it times and this, and they are basically nearly about the same thing; being nice to others.

I infact lauged at the tip.it times a bit, cos first it says that you should/could ignore the 'noobs' begging for free stuff.

These types of people should be ignored, and are not even worth the time of day it takes to respond to them.

Next it tells that you should do the same to others as you would wish others would do to you.

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you". In other words, treat others how you would like to be treated yourself. Be it in the game, or in life, its a good policy to live by, and ultimately the world would be much better off for it.

Now we come to the point of my post.

Every time that I kill abyssals, I see atleast one of these 'noobs', crying for free whips. Should I ignore them, give them a whip, or a whipping? I would personally love to get a free whip from someone, yet I have never gotten one, or never asked for one. Because I would like to get something for free, should I give that something to someone first? \' It just makes no sense to me, that those two statements are in the same text #-o

Also, what gives me the right to ignore noobs, when I do not myself wish to be ignored? :-k

--

Nice, well written story with a great idea. Ty.

Its things like this, amongst a sea of spammers, scammers, lurers, password stealers, keyloggers and downright jerks, that remind of how how great some of the PLAYERS really can make this game. Jagex made this game, they make the pixels and plots, but we as the players get to decide how its implemented, used, and determine the environment of the game.

That's one of the more sensible things I have read on these boards.

Nice stoy, correct conclusion.

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

Random acts of kindness, there is hope for Runescape.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

I try to be helpful sometimes, buy giving away antipoisons if someone needs, food in the agility dungeon or something, once I gave 100k or something to a friend who was trying to train magic. Smaller things like that I guess, just cause I'm not rich enough to give people 500k :P I barely have that much myself.

I guess its just because, I'm not a mean-hearted person in real life, and that carries over to the game :P lol. Like, yesterday I was in the agility dungeon in brimhaven, and someone was redbarred from one of the spinning blade things. I thought they were already dead right there :P But they were alive. So I went back across the blades and gave them some lobbies. I wouldn't ignore someone dieing in real life o.O so I guess I can't really in runescape.

Maybe thats why I'm such a horrible pker?

Blakdragon39.png

This sea of Runescape players, comprised of scammers, hackers, jerks, also is comprised of a surprisingly large number of hypocrites. What I find so very amusing is the content and the people involved with this topic.

Granted, it's a good thing that many of you feel the need to, rather than venerate someone who did a good thing, bring yourselves up to par by jumping on the bandwagon. "OMGSH LOLZ LIEK ONCE I GAVE THIS GUY SOME 32432 MIL AND HE WUZ LIKE 'OH HOLLER BOI.'" As long as we're not following a bad example, that's fine in my book.

But what disturbs me more than anything is the number of you who will return to Runescape, after posting in this topic, only to ignore an innocent player asking you for a vial. What's worse, a friend. I'm sure you all get your share of "hey bro, got a vial/other junk item I can use?" and you just give them the cold shoulder.

So until you guys realize that all the kind gestures you boast of having done on these forums means absolutely nothing.

Not to be a pessimist or anything.

67th member to join Tip.it

99 Attack

99 Strength

99 Defense

99 Hitpoints

99 Mage

99 Range

99 Summoning

99 Slayer

99 Prayer

Sometimes when im at the Edgeville Bank and a person runs in poisoned I give them anti poisons. But hey how can I object them, it's not like they havn't given me anything....

Once, I was training at otherworldlys and a guy asked if I had any extra limpwurts. So I gave him a bunch of limpwurts. I got a poisoned dragon dagger in exchange. I was like "ZOMGWOWTHANKS*worships* It was my first dragon weapon. n_n

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD

If it takes you a week to recover from having just two pulled, thats quite sad. I was back on my feet about 3-4 days after. But I guess its a good excuse to play runescape.

Do you happen to know what a "dry socket" is? They're not good. Took me 11 days before the pain went away, but I'm feeling better now. ^^

"OMGSH LOLZ LIEK ONCE I GAVE THIS GUY SOME 32432 MIL AND HE WUZ LIKE 'OH HOLLER BOI."

Not that it's an accurate gague of the quality of your post or anything, but this line totally made me LOL :lol:

And at the very least I try to be nice to others. However I do get a slight bit annoyed when people want to be my "friend," so I add them, and the only time they ever initiate a conversation with me is when they're asking me for something. Like today, within 3 hours the same friend wanted me to give him splitbark, tarromin, limpwurts, water-filled vials, ring of wealth, and any bowstrings or flax... sad thing is, I probably would've if I had any of that in my bank, I only had the one ring of wealth I was wearing and I was training combat, and I think I have all of 3 water filled vials left =/

However, on the flip side, in the past week I've given away about 2k tuna and 1k swordies :lol:

Oh, as since this occured I've been trying to give away more stuff (but not "free stuff pl0x!"), it has been coming around to me more and more. Today alone I was randomly given 37 obsidian rings as well as over 500 steel arrows. I think that I really am starting to believe in some strange sort of runescape karma :)

nice story :)

have to say i always try and help when i can, i tend to give things to the people that dont ask, i hate the beggers that stand around bugging you because your wearing good armour/high level. So yay to all players that spare a thought for people in need we need more people like this!