A Simple Herblore Guide. Mods, please move this!

bookrhino

On the subject of vials it is well worth mentioning that you can get water-filled vials from the water elementals in the elemental workshop. They are a 100% drop.

I also disagree with your comment about growing herbs. I find growing herbs to be a very useful way of levelling herblore. I therefore suggest that you include a section on growing herbs and where to obtain the seeds from. Personally I like killing Moss Giants north of Ardougne for seeds as I can level my ranging at the same time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fun to see such an apparently experienced player get something like this wrong ... :D

The island is "Karamja", not "Karajima". And as far as molten glass, another place with a furnace very close to a bank is in Shilo Village. (Shilo Village quest required to enter.)

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Omg...I've been calling it Karajima for two years now. Can't believe I didn't pick up on that! :wall:

Anyways, I'll fix it. I've got to get some sleep right now, but I'll do the Salarin part when I wake up.

I decided I should merchant some prayer potions before I continued the guide so it could meet higher standards. Just sold 360 of them and made a decent profit...still can't believe I have 2.7 million and nothing to spend it on. I was never good at making money; it's not that I blow it away, it's just that I never get any in the first place.

70herby.png

Nice guide, i like to add that zamorak potions actualy give more than +20% just like the saradomin brew gives additional points as well. I'm not sure what the exact values are but when i use a zammy pot i get 15%+2 strenght and 20%+2 attack bonus.

This is what the runescape knowledge base has on info of the zamorak potion.

2-13 Strength Boost

2-21 Attack Boost

2-11 Defence Loss

2-9 Prayer Restore

Also when you are kinda busy in real life you could log onto runescape once every 80-90 minutes. Harvest your herbs, plant new ones and then log out. Don't worry about your herbs diseasing, with supercompost then only die 10% of the time and with the magic secateurs you'll have 10% more harvest so you will only lose 1% of your herbs(100*0.9*1.1=99).

This will consume like 10 minutes per 90 minutes and it will net you a lot of herbs. Be sure you have enough laws, waters and supercompost so you won't have to waste time to get those.

I just took the information from the Tip.It Herblore Guide to figure out what Zamorak potions did...I've never actually tried one myself.

I'll add a guide on farming herbs later on, although I think that most people want the secondaries portion to be added next, so that's what I'll do...

Anyways, a new portion of the guide is up! Say hello to "Facing Salarin the Twisted"!

70herby.png

Ill post what i know about self-obtaining secondaries

eye's of newt

The fastest methods i use are useing the crumbling wall in fally, then running to traverly, the buying a full invintory, then either teleing (teletablets save space here) or running back.

Another is running from either fally east or draynor to the rune shop in port sarim, and buying it out, then teleing (glory, fally) or running back, and repeating.

Unicorn horn

The only ways i use are the unicorns south of edgevill, and the ones northwest of carthberry, im sure you could find some others :)

red spidy egs

Theres 3 places i know of, varrock, which is a long walk in itself, and only has 2 spawns

Karamja dungeon, where there is 1 spawn.

And near the mourners on the shortcut thats south of the gnome area, if you walk down the path, youll see i think 3 or 4 spawns.

limps

There are a few ways i use.

You can grow them with super compost (although dont grow say watermelons at the same time, it would be better for nastiums, so plant something that doesnt use a flower)

You can kill hobgoblins, hill giants, or the best ive found, cockatrices

: for cockatrices, use the farie rings to get there, go in, get a full invintory (with rune armor on, you shouldnt take many hits, i can kill 150 without eating, but im 81 def, adjust your food accordingly) then go back with the farie rings, and bank at zaniris:

Or you can buy them from f2p for a fairly cheap price (i usually hire people to kill hill giants for loads of them)

snape grass

There are 2 ways i use, one is the crafting guild spawn, which is only usefull if your house is in rimmington, and have a demon butler to bank all of them at once.(2 spawns in one area)

Or you can use the waterbirth island teleport with lunar magics, then teleport to the moonclan, bank and repeat (5 spawns in one area)

since im 58 herblore, i dont have much use for the other ingredients, but from experience in slayer, when you get a kalphite assignment, go to the lvl 80ish soldiers, and kill them, and as you use food and free up space, pick up the cactus spawns.

Hope i helped :D

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Aquashock, I'm pretty sure only strike spell hurt, and since fire strike does 12 damage to him and costs a few pennies on the dollar compared to slayer dart, I recommend you stick with the strikes. When he was created, slayer dart didn't exist. I don't think they updated him any...

Ty for the info, aqua. Also, since I'm merching p pots right now, I know that there are 6 respawns in waterbirth, not 5. Also, I like pineapples for super compost more since watermelon seeds are annoying to get.

70herby.png

In (STT), you made a spelling mistake.

(unless you take the 82 theiving route, which is much longer and very restrctive as to who can go there)

That's restrictive, not restrctive.

Other then that, you have a very good (and - i thought - very detailed) guide there. =D>

And, Aquashock, that's excactly what I do, too! Those tips should go in the guide, they're very useful.

Kostyaf.png

Aquashock - the best place for unicorns is lev 20 Wildy just east of Graveyard of shadows. Normally pkers will leave you alone esp. if you are wearing low spec armour. However, as I am lev 97 combat, I dont bother with armour and use a steel sword to kill them - pker definately do not bother you then.

Aquashock, I'm pretty sure only strike spell hurt, and since fire strike does 12 damage to him and costs a few pennies on the dollar compared to slayer dart, I recommend you stick with the strikes. When he was created, slayer dart didn't exist. I don't think they updated him any...

Ty for the info, aqua. Also, since I'm merching p pots right now, I know that there are 6 respawns in waterbirth, not 5. Also, I like pineapples for super compost more since watermelon seeds are annoying to get.

Well, id still like if you would test out slayers dart, because i remember someone mentioning it on the official forums. And i cant do it myself because im a few agility levels off..

And I was simply providing the information i know and use, as i thought it would be of some help :oops:

Ill triple check my info from now on :-#

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your information, Aquashock!

Anyways, I finally got the secondary section down. The next portion of the guide is going to be a portion experience/preparation list.

Moderators, please move this to the Archive of Wisdom forum. It should be much more useful there.

70herby.png

Guest r3dh3adkid

mods dont move threads anymore if i remember reading correctly. they just get deleted and you have to start a new one. So if you dont have this saved id save it

[EDIT]

whoops just re-read it and i think thats only for the marketboards so maybe your safe but we'll see :-P

A thing all people who wants high herblore should try is managing miscellania.

Do "throne of miscellania" and then "royal trouble".

Bring 7,5m cash, put them in the chest and then put 10 workers (maximum) on getting herbs.

It is a very good way to get herbs since you can do other stuff while waiting for them to get your herbs.

It does cost a bit money but it is a lot cheaper than buying from other players.

I never collect herbs the regular way, I don't have to, this + farming owns.

Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006

Abyssal whip drops: 6

• 7 months later...