A record length RS train?

Birdboy60

Well, tonight (out of sheer boredom) I was standing in Varrock Square by the castle wall with my holiday items at hand. Getting bored of my yo-yo and rubber chicke, and completely ignoring the more recent items, I casually stated talking with some people nearby. Soon after we decided to go hang out somewhere, and we left varrock in a small train. Half-way to Barbarian Village (just about where Gertude's house is for you members out there) I had an idea. Why not try to make a super long train? So all the way to fally, the train and I (at about 5 people to start) started saying "join the record train!" Sure enough people joined, and when we hit fally, we accumulated at least twice as many ppl. So, I quickly took a screenie (see below) just before we hit the south gate of Fally (you can see the holiday items I mentioned, but I am kinda hidden behind some guy)

Well here is the first pic (and only pic) I managed to grab:

recordtrain1ql9.png

As you can see, we managed to get a decent number of people. Sadly, a moment later as we passed throught the gate, almost every1 disappeared except for myself and 1 person. I'm guessing they might have gotten logged out by the system or abandoned the train.

So here's my new plan: Create a bigger and better train. If you ever find me on world 57 (always play there) feel free to join the train! Our ultimate goal is to create the larest train ever made in F2P RS history, being able to loop through all major cities!

So post any comments on this, joni up in advance, keep this up at top, anything except pure flaming.

I'm assuming you haven't seen any pictures of the Freak trains? :wink:

edit: null53nj.png

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

woah, I didnt even know about that! Well, a challenge none the less right? So where can I find the most recent size of the "freak trains"? I'd like to know how big mine would have to be... What if some1 managed to get 1 that could loop through every major F2P city, then reconnect? So you have people from Lumby, to Varrock, to Fally, a quick stop in Draynor, and back again? That would be a lot of people!

tried again today, but didn't fare as well. Maybe I will try later, or maybe give up. Here's a quick pic I grabbed just outside of fally, and we had 6 people. Once we got to varrock, we got more people, but they mysteriously disappeared around the time we got to varrock center... But they were part of the train considering we looped around behind the bank and went through the anvils, but lost almost all of them once we passed the staff shop.

Here's the screenie from just as we left fally (you can see me better in this 1, and I had the same stuff from last night)

recordattempt2rs3.png

Any ideas (short from offering cash) on how I could get more people? Or does any1 want to join up in advance? I logged just a little east of Falador's general store, so when I log back on, I'd be there. Feel free to drop me a PM or post here if you are interested in helping break the record. If we get at least 20 ppl, I'd be satsified, but the more the merrier, right?

Guest TaDaraCampbell

you can easily get 20+ people by standing in a bank with a bunch of newbs and say "drop party" a bunch of times, aventually they will follow you, so in that way you tricked people to be part of your train lol. otherwise, just look around until a new tet event comes around like this.

:thumbsup: thats a decent tactict, lol.

Oh well, this was nothing more than a fast solution to boredom, so it's not that important that I set a record. And even if I did, it would quicky fall into obscurity as people wouldn't care eenough to remember. Oh well. Either keep this up or find something else to do (other than the normal skills and killing i do).

Oh well (i need a hobby) :-k

My tip to you, is that you create a new thread here where it stands like:

New train record lenght try on the (some date here, the world, and time.).

On this way alot of people will be awere of this, and you will maybe break the record.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

lol thats just amazing :lol:

yeah i agree.. but that black gy spoils the pic :evil:

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Look there for more freak train stuff. Plenty of pictures on the last pages.>>http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=477265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=freak&start=0

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

hey spade!! i havent seen u in forever :D:D i remember freak trains, led by rsn lead :P id usually be 2nd or 3rd in the train, got there as early as possible :P i went to 1 or 2 on rs2, all of the original on rsc though

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.