Best way to spend 200k on Mage

Karmastocracy

IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO READ, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO POST! :wink:

I just bought full Mystic, and have an extra 200k in my bank. I was wondering what the best way to spend it to get my mage up would be. My mage lvl is 55, and I usually train on the Ogres in King Luthail's (I forget his exact name) Training ground. What staff, runes, and where should I train? (My combat is only 76.) Thanks in advance for you help! :P

Edit~ Just to let everone know I am P2P. :wink:

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Fire bolt with chaos gauntlets at pest control. Use all your points on magic.
I can't get the chaos gauntlets becuase im only 55 mage... You have to be 59 mage to complete "Family Crest" Quest. (Ive wanted to do that one for a while, but can't lvl up mage much...)

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

If you're 55 mage then you should buy nats and alch stuff. That way you'll have more money than you spent on the nats.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

If you're 55 mage then you should buy nats and alch stuff. That way you'll have more money than you spent on the nats.
What should I alch?

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Does anyone know what I should alch? (Remember I only have 200k, and 100 nats in the bank.) Please help! :pray:

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Buy green dragon hides 1k to 1.1k ea and craft vambraces to alch.

Or, this is a bit slow, mine coal and iron, smith steel pl8s, and alch those.

Raise your fletch by ten (requires some training soz, do maples) and start on yew shorts (it's a small profit but still a profit) and keep going until you hit longs. Once you have a high enough fletch level for longs, do those until you can fletch mage shorts, etc.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

Buy green dragon hides 1k to 1.1k ea and craft vambraces to alch.

Or, this is a bit slow, mine coal and iron, smith steel pl8s, and alch those.

Raise your fletch by ten (requires some training soz, do maples) and start on yew shorts (it's a small profit but still a profit) and keep going until you hit longs. Once you have a high enough fletch level for longs, do those until you can fletch mage shorts, etc.

Thank's very much, I will try that right now. Any more idea's a welcome! :P

Edit: So since no one posted any more replies does that mean that's the only thing that there is to high alch well?... :?

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

do wind strike... buy about 20k mind runes and do air strike alot lol.... no joke its cheap and its ok exp.. really slow but it adds up

Better idea: Spend it all on an equal amount of minds and airs, use earth staff and fire earth strikes.

Im acually leaning toward's High Alching right now, but I need a place to buy Green Dragonhide.

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Is there anything better to High Alch, with what I got?

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~

Well, use metal armor and curse in a multi area if you can. Best if you curse in full rune either you having a mud bstaff yourself or just buying 10k water 5k body and wearing a earth staff. It is boring though.

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

best way to get your mage up in my opinion is to get your fletching up until you can make yew longs. then make 1000 yew longs. and then alch them all. and repeat. lotta work but you'll make lots of money from it too.

Or you might be able to buy the yew longs. might cost alot over the long run though. back when i was working on my mage i went and bought 5000 yew logs and 5000 bow strings

The best best best way is: (it's the cheapest trust me, but it trakes some time) buy like 10k minds and airs with fire staff or buy fires with air staff, and then train at fire giants in the range/mage, good drops, nice training, just take your time. I trained 10 lvls with that and got 400k in drops so got almost the money back :o

alwin_loser.png

If you did Family Crest, you can use chaos gauntlets. You can buy about 2k chaos and train on high level monsters. I would suggest blue dragons. You can get 4.5k per dragon and the 2k chaos would last you through atleast 100 dragons. Sell the bones and hides for 450k. Now you can start all over again.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

First, get a friend to make you a pair of magic potions. Finish up family crest for the gauntlets. (Use magic potion to get 4 levels of magic which will let you fireblast the demon.)

Then spend your money on chaos runes and antifire potions. Go down to Karamja dungeon and kill iron and steel dragons. Rune knives and darts are pretty valuable, and they drop dragon items more often than most monsters.

If you stand away from them, they'll ONLY use fire on you. Then just use anti fire shield and potion and you'll be safe.

when I made my month member push to legends, getting magic to 69 for crest was the last skill I made.

I raised rc crafting an insane number of air runes, like um 20k? used a fire staff and got like 10k minds.

in one day I chain fire struck the black knight in port sarim prison on a packed server until 69 magic. not the most amazingly fun way to do it and too bad I didn;t do wanted quest before hand...

Did family crest without using a mindbomb/pots and then legends.

unless I crafted my own mind runes (I'm not that siilly) that was one of the cheapest ways to level up to 69 from 11 magic =) oh I did a few earth strikes to get to 13.

Cheers!

-BB

What should I alch?
idk if this is a good answer cuz im only f2p but ive seen the high alchs for some items and ppl say alch steel pl8bodies, and rune meds

kalbatorixfull0ug4rn.jpg

Seling 45548 Airs PM if u want to buy some!

First, get a friend to make you a pair of magic potions. Finish up family crest for the gauntlets. (Use magic potion to get 4 levels of magic which will let you fireblast the demon.)

Then spend your money on chaos runes and antifire potions. Go down to Karamja dungeon and kill iron and steel dragons. Rune knives and darts are pretty valuable, and they drop dragon items more often than most monsters.

If you stand away from them, they'll ONLY use fire on you. Then just use anti fire shield and potion and you'll be safe.

He is right, metal dragons are good for drops. However, at your mage level they are very slow to kill and bad xp (lots of splashing and 0s) plus there is lots of other stuff down there which will close on you and melee you (wild dogs, black demons). I was down there using Zammy Flames on them and I was using upwards of 20 casts to kill one bronze drag.

For you I would say that you don't have the money to high alch (you always lose money unless you make stuff yourself) so have some fun, buy 1k chaos (world hop at a rune shop, you should get 1k for 120k) buy 3 k airs (60k) and a fire staff then go to Karamja and fire strike the Lesser Demons, they are fairly weak to any mage attack (later on try Zammy flames on them :)). You won't make your money back down there either mind.

df

iratebadger.png

• 4 weeks later...

He is right, metal dragons are good for drops. However, at your mage level they are very slow to kill and bad xp (lots of splashing and 0s) plus there is lots of other stuff down there which will close on you and melee you (wild dogs, black demons). I was down there using Zammy Flames on them and I was using upwards of 20 casts to kill one bronze drag.

For you I would say that you don't have the money to high alch (you always lose money unless you make stuff yourself) so have some fun, buy 1k chaos (world hop at a rune shop, you should get 1k for 120k) buy 3 k airs (60k) and a fire staff then go to Karamja and fire strike the Lesser Demons, they are fairly weak to any mage attack (later on try Zammy flames on them :)). You won't make your money back down there either mind.

df

Thanks a lot for your advice. :P (And everyone else too! :wink: )

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

~