Guide to easy soloing the KBD (AOW discussion)

headshot007111

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome guide!!

When i read that i wanted to try it out... and I got this on the first (first time ever killed kbd lol):

kbdheadpi9.png

Leesters is gonna be jealous :P

I guess im gonna get a few more construction levels :D

BTW i killed two in that trip, i had 6 shaks left when I teled, could've killed another one but I didn't.

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

oo, nice heads...

killing the kbd isnt really worth it anymore, but at the same time, its a lot of fun.

its impossible to solo the kq in one trip at most ppls stats...

I wanna try dag kings. they seem fun, but back on topic.

i think there is things that you could do that would make it possible to stay at the king for much much longer...just going to find out his weakness

w4M8t.png

Grrrr!

Its not fair! He goes down there and gets a head drop on his first trip. I'm going insane, I tell you! I can't get a head drop from ANYTHING!

I'm cursed!

And, btw, the pulling-up-a-skill-guide doesn't help. It LOOKS like its freezes the drain on your stats, but when the guide goes down, the drain hits you all at once.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

hmm i think i would go for that number 2 set because its alot CHEAPER if i die of someone killing me on the way there lol

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Grrrr!

Its not fair! He goes down there and gets a head drop on his first trip. I'm going insane, I tell you! I can't get a head drop from ANYTHING!

I'm cursed!

And, btw, the pulling-up-a-skill-guide doesn't help. It LOOKS like its freezes the drain on your stats, but when the guide goes down, the drain hits you all at once.

False. When you open a skill guide, let it open for a long time and as soon as you close it your stats will drain by one level even if it was open for 5 minutes straight. If it wasn't open long enough for one point drain then it won't drain anything. You don't get all the drain at once 8-) .

Same thing with other interfaces.

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

Nice guide, maybe correct spelling here and there and change all instances of "u" into "you" and it'll be great. Plus some pics of your loot after a trip :)

Is there any chance of doing it in full rune, or monk robes?

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Grrrr!

I'm cursed!

False. When you open a skill guide, let it open for a long time and as soon as you close it your stats will drain by one level even if it was open for 5 minutes straight. If it wasn't open long enough for one point drain then it won't drain anything. You don't get all the drain at once 8-) .

Same thing with other interfaces.

I'll test this tonight. Will have prayers active while in interface and see if it truly halts the drain. I'll crank on a bucket load of prayers to make it more dramatic. lol. I'll know for sure after tonight.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Nice KBD heads drop :D

Last time i went i killed 4 in 1 trip, 2 sharks left. Remember, if u dont pray melee he owns you, maybe its just bad luck that you only killed 2 lol.

I just tested it and if you have a skill window up your prayer and stats dont go down, but when u close it prayer and any boosted skills go down by 1 only no matter how long the skill window was open.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

I have found that your magic defense bonus doesn't seem to make fire breath hit less often...

The blue, green, and white breath are basicly going to hit 90% of the time, while the orange breath will hit 0 everytime as long as you drink an antifire potion.

I now take initiate instead of d hide, and use pro melee along with incredible reflexes, and I kill 4-6 per trip.

Slap_My_Feet.png

I now take initiate instead of d hide, and use pro melee along with incredible reflexes, and I kill 4-6 per trip.

What in the world are you talking about? The dragon uses breath, magic AND melee and that armour stinks. Defence is more important than prayer bonus while fighting that dragon.

What in the world are you talking about? The dragon uses breath, magic AND melee and that armour stinks. Defence is more important than prayer bonus while fighting that dragon.

No, prayer bonus is more important.

I take the same amount of damage while wearing black d hide as i do when in initiate. Yet in initiate my prayer lasts longer so I can use inc. reflexes, and therefore hit more often.

If you don't beleive me, I could care less, infact I hope you continue to use d hide, so you kill less per trip. I just laugh when so many people believe magic defense affects his breath attacks, because it doesn't.

You said: The dragon uses breath, magic AND melee. Ok... you use pro melee, therefore that is not important, no idea why you said that.

Slap_My_Feet.png

I take the same amount of damage while wearing black d hide as i do when in initiate. Yet in initiate my prayer lasts longer so I can use inc. reflexes, and therefore hit more often.

If you don't beleive me, I could care less, infact I hope you continue to use d hide, so you kill less per trip. I just laugh when so many people believe magic defense affects his breath attacks, because it doesn't.

You said: The dragon uses breath, magic AND melee. Ok... you use pro melee, therefore that is not important, no idea why you said that.

yep, I don't understand why people don't use Iniaiate either. Much more effective than dragonhide.

yep, I don't understand why people don't use Iniaiate either. Much more effective than dragonhide.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about one of the attacks it uses, not about the breath. :shame:

I did a few trips with huge mage defence and monks and kept getting 2.5-3 kills. I just did a trip with full initiate and incredible reflexes and got 4 kills the first time :D

So I vote that initiate is better and that the mage defence wasn't really helping against the blue/white/green fire.

If this is the case then the super defence pot is also not necessary.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]