Behind the Scenes(new prayers)

xxxShade

If the so called new levels for the prayers is right how come it isnt in synch with the new picture?

[/img]prayermainuu1.th.gif

Because you can pretty much say him or his friends made up the list.

Mystical.

thats from rs website so its not fake

you need to try and understand someone else's post before you post ;)

He obviously asked why the "list" (the list made by elp or whatevea showing the lvls required for each prayer) didn't match with the jagex OFFICIAL AND CORRECT picture.

So he got an answer saying that elps list was fake. which it is.

And then you come along saying the picture isn't fake which we've known since it was released on the jagex KB tyvm :)

on topic: I wouldn't mind prayers getting higher lvl but I doubt they will, I just got 70 prayer for my "all skills 70+" goal so it would be a nice little extra =)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should pm query. Yep, that's it, I'll send them query. About these prayers. And I won't tell exactly what they say, but I will give little detail like "yes" and "no". I will do it as soon as I can.

I also asked them what I can tell you guys. I will tell you the response as soon as I get it.

Ok guys, Jagex said that there is NO WAY to get info about that until the update happens. So I assume it will NOT be 61 protect from melee. :shame:

of course it isn't....

jagex never changed lvl requirements.

They changed level requirements to wear armor in the beginning of the game.

:wink:

Ok guys, Jagex said that there is NO WAY to get info about that until the update happens. So I assume it will NOT be 61 protect from melee. :shame:

of course it isn't....

If they did that (not saying you are a liar but I wasn't around so I don't know for sure) the obvious reason would be that they were still trying to find a balance for the game. Years later after the balance has been either achieved or merely accepted the chances of change are slim if not impossible.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

From what I've seen and heard, the idea Jagex is changing the prayer level requirements for the prayers is fairly unsubstantiated, in that the evidence to date is a few people's opinions. I'm sure changing the necessary levels would upset a LOT of people, and I don't see the logic in changing it after so many months of having a successful level-set-up.

Claims that the Prayer Skill is underdeveloped because the highest prayer available is at 52 don't make very much sense to me. The prayer skill isn't like Herblore or Cooking in that at a certain level you can perform a function that gives a set amount of experience. Prayer is beneficial to level (with the exception of PvP combat) up until 99. With every level the advantage of the skill is increased.

From what I've seen and heard, the idea Jagex is changing the prayer level requirements for the prayers is fairly unsubstantiated, in that the evidence to date is a few people's opinions. I'm sure changing the necessary levels would upset a LOT of people, and I don't see the logic in changing it after so many months of having a successful level-set-up.

Claims that the Prayer Skill is underdeveloped because the highest prayer available is at 52 don't make very much sense to me. The prayer skill isn't like Herblore or Cooking in that at a certain level you can perform a function that gives a set amount of experience. Prayer is beneficial to level (with the exception of PvP combat) up until 99. With every level the advantage of the skill is increased.

I agree 100% with the first paragraph.

That defense can also be used for attack, strength, defense, hp, magic, ranged, firemaking, thieving, etc. after you reach the top level. The difference is that the top level is WAY higher than lvl 52 for prayer.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

If Jagex changes:

Keeping the +3 margin, most of the prayers will be pushed up, +18 Levels for Protect from Magic!!!! So: Prayers with a Req of 1-7 nothing, 10-16 +6 levels 19-34 12+ levels. Protect Mage and above: 18!!!!!

Thus the 61 Protect from Melee (43+18=61)

And smite is a possible 70 (52+18=70)

If not so

Ummm they won't change. End of story.

I am not sure whether or not it will change. If it does change it will be very unfair to people who havent done hard quests like DT as you need prayers like protect from mage. However if it does change, the reason is to cut down on pures in the game. For people with 1 prayer they wont mind anyway.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

These prayers better be pretty damned good. I just got prayer 37 (protect from mage) but now I'll have to get it up to 55 to do it. :x I think this will totally change the economy, all of the people wanting ultimate strength prayer have to get from 31 to 43, they'll be buying lots of bones, I'm gonna stock up. :wink: I think this update will get a lot of response, this is gonna send people up the wall. I want portect from melee, I have to get 217k xp, or 61k bones, grrr... <.<

Note: Site admins will have to update quite a few quest guides, I remember reading something saying that it would be advisable to get 37 prayer (protect from magic).

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

Jagex wont bump up the level requirements for prayers. Did they bump up the runecrafting level requirements when astral runes came out? They know that it would upset thousands (or tens of thousands???) of people who spent several hundred k getting 43 prayer and then getting bumped way down. On another note: i hope the magic prayers can be used to bump youself up into the mage guild :thumbsup:

Seems like Jagex's attempt at nerfing 1 prayer pures. I hope the new prayers are good; I didn't get to 85 prayer at 106 combat for nothing =(.

i think there gonna be low leveled prayers... under protection prayers. around the melee boosters

Kane531.png

The world is full of self proclaimed experts who really don't know what they are talking about.

kane531.png

Seems like Jagex's attempt at nerfing 1 prayer pures. I hope the new prayers are good; I didn't get to 85 prayer at 106 combat for nothing =(.

i think there gonna be low leveled prayers... under protection prayers. around the melee boosters

Kane531.png

The world is full of self proclaimed experts who really don't know what they are talking about.

kane531.png

if you'd look at the pic you'd know that we figured out where the new prayers'll be a few days ago...

Ya know, at first I was was pretty pissed about the new prayer levels because i got 52 solely for smite. But if they change the levels to the ones that are posted, i'll still be able to do every +15% prayer. Realistcly, i would have had to get 46 for the incredible reflexes, and by that time i'd probly even just go for 52 for 15% magic for barrage. So i'd be right were I am right now. Kinda confusing :D

~bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

I suppose he based thenew lvls on thinking that jagex couldn't make 2 prayer lvls within less then 3 lvls lvl difference.

well..... they can ;) they're the designers remember ?

And even though I'd love to see them change smite to lvl 70 :twisted: it just won't happen :(

I am hoping that they raise the prayer req, right now I stay away from edgeville 18 because i know i have atleast 1 level if not 2 on people with only my prayer. i have 70 pray so it would be fine for me and if we look at it antoher way, itll complete screw over those level 90 luring clans

of course it isn't....

If they did that (not saying you are a liar but I wasn't around so I don't know for sure) the obvious reason would be that they were still trying to find a balance for the game. Years later after the balance has been either achieved or merely accepted the chances of change are slim if not impossible.

They introduced level requirments for items due to the fact they didn't have any.