Protect Item Doesn't Work in Wilderness

Grandpa001

I got a personal response after loosing my whip with protect item on.

Dear Grandpa001,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support.

If you die under normal circumstances, you will keep three items with the highest Gold Piece value if sold to a general store.

There are however a few exceptions to this rule:

*If at the point of death you have the Protect Item prayer active you will keep a 4th item. The item that is kept is worked out the same way as with the normal three items.

HOWEVER: If you die with a Player Killer Skull over your character this prayer will not have any effect.

*If at the point on death you have a Player Killer Skull over your character you will keep no items at all. The skull can be removed by being the game for 20 minutes and not killing another player.

I hope that this answers your question and I am very sorry that you lost your whip.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Wharton

EnEx.png

Fire cape owner since September 25th, 2006.

i never go with items to the willed i only go to lvl 1 if im going with armer cuz i like geting skulled so i don't no what hapend to u :? maby ur preyer ran out :cry:

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

I think he means you dont keep 4 items if you're skulled. Since you only keep one.

I may be wrong.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

f4k3 m0d h4xx0r 4g0t t0 r34d th3 kn0wl3dg3 b453.

lol

it says in the knowledge base that if you die you keep your most valuble item according to general store value. 1 item if you had a skull.

StarViv.png

Sounds like someone needs to get in touch with the Gower Brothers (Jagex Founders and Game Creators)... :shock: ...Then we would get a definitive answer. :D

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

its just the new customer support team they have no idea what their talking about. notice all the new names? lol

I know, they really need mods that know what the hell they are talking about... :roll: Seems like all they are doing is taking people off the street. :? I'd rather have it take 2 weeks to get an accurate response than 2 hours and get an idiotic one. :?

thats a quote not a pic. So hes probobly saying this is what should be changed. :-k

Yeah, you don't put people reading a book on Customer and Tech Support... :!:

You put people on Customer and Tech Support who have played the game and know what they are talking about and have been through the experiences needed to do well in this field... Then the right people who should be banned get banned and not the ones reporting. :D

'nuff said.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Edited for a typo...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)