[Planetary Duel] - New Space Colab! also msn users look!

Nadril

First off, the normal size is twice as big as this one. This is kind of a "preview" of a sort, so if you find something minor i can change b4 devart is back up tell me.

PlanetaryDuelPreview.jpg

Now for a little info. The Right Planet is mine, The left is Mr-Frenzys. Now, the Reason i did this is because its kind of a duel between mine and Mr-Frenzys planets, my planet trying to at least look half as good as his.

This is kinda made so i could easily compare the two in a space scene :D It also gave it an interesting sort of apeal.

Also to let you all know, its a colaboration between me and Ladyofspira (http://www.Ladyofspira.deviantart.com) (she isn't on scapeboard)

She did the landscape, i did the space scene and merging. Well, hope you guys like it :D

~Nadril

EDIT: This is kind of a shout out as well to all the msn messanger users. For the ones that i used to have on my list but had to delete/block them (you all know why already) pm me or post here or something and i can unblock you and add you back :D I'm working on collecting my old msn user's list (i had like 110 contacts, like 55 scapers lol, nearly everyone off of the media board :D )

Also, if i've never had you on my list tell me and i probaly will add you as well :)

You should have done both planets, yours are starting to look good. Maybe add some glow to your planet like n Mr. Frenzy's. The blending job isn't bad, and as for the space part, perhaps add some stars to the top part? Er, I mean make them a bit more visible?

demorisclaire2md7.jpg

The transition is way too sudden. The starfield is better than you others, but still too cluttered. Still not liking that they're not your planets though.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ok, the Right one is mine left is his. I can easily put one of mine on the left but i did it for a reason other than laziness.

Basicly i did it so i could Compare the two together, as i said this one means a little more than just a space scene, kind of a battle in my head (or Photoshop) of my planet vs Mr-Frenzy's, as in which ones to use.

Thats why i have it there, this is, and will be, the last piece that features his planet(s) in it. I just wanted to let you guys know that.

As mentioned, Stars are needed :wink: Unlike Danabis, I think the sudden transition is a shocker, and really brings this peice together. Thats why I give this a 10/10 despite lack of stars. Really good peice there :wink:

If it isn't in your veins, you'll never know.

Still, its not hard to compare it without using his in your pieces. Wouldn't you feel better if you had made them both?

I think a 10/10 is a little high, as there are a few minor changes that can still be made. And it will never be perfect unless you use your own planets for both.

demorisclaire2md7.jpg

As mentioned, Stars are needed :wink: Unlike Danabis, I think the sudden transition is a shocker, and really brings this peice together. Thats why I give this a 10/10 despite lack of stars. Really good peice there :wink:

Heh thanks, i'll get around to adding some more Stars before i submit to Deviantart :D

and, if people realy dont like my idea of the left planet being mr-frenzy's i "might" change it, although it is doubtfull (and i can easily do another planet for this, as i said its not about laziness)

EDIT: okedoke Vlad, I'll be sure To raise it in the Final one :)

This is just an idea, but what about having shooting stars that are going both ways, but at the planets.

I think that would bring in more of a "planetary duel" type thing.

An explosion/collision in the upper part of one of the planets might look good also, but then it might "over-clutter" the piece.

I dunno, just a thought. :wink:

If it isn't in your veins, you'll never know.

This is just an idea, but what about having shooting stars that are going both ways, but at the planets.

I think that would bring in more of a "planetary duel" type thing.

An explosion/collision in the upper part of one of the planets might look good also, but then it might "over-clutter" the piece.

I dunno, just a thought. :wink:

hmm... i see where your getting at. I might try something like that, but as you said it would probaly clutter up the piece lol :oops: .

Right now i'm working on adding some more stars and what not to the top. :D

It's moving a bit too fast, and I think the rings are too much.. Maybe one planet with them would be cool. The texture on the planet is pretty good, nice work on that. The transition needs much more help though. The fade on the right planet where you can see it on top of the clouds is just tacky. Nice work though, doesn't look bad. :)

It's moving a bit too fast, and I think the rings are too much.. Maybe one planet with them would be cool. The texture on the planet is pretty good, nice work on that. The transition needs much more help though. The fade on the right planet where you can see it on top of the clouds is just tacky. Nice work though, doesn't look bad. :)

Thanks :) I guess i did go oveboard with the rings, but i can't help it, they are too much fun to make lol :oops: .

Ah well, i'll get rid of the rings on the left planet, and i will give the Transition a lot more thought. Just a question, how do you think i should have it Go from landscape to space? :)

Pretty much what I was thinking. I really don't like the text at all though...ruins the piece.

Pretty much what I was thinking. I really don't like the text at all though...ruins the piece.

Heh, Thanks Crate. I can always remove the text in the final version :)

The details are great. That's one of the best space scenes pictures I've seen in a while. Good job! :D 9.5/10

Thanks a lot :D Hope it will do good on devart too 8)

yeah love it, IM best space scene i seen you do ina while, the transition is very nice indeed not to smooth not to sudden, only problem is the left planets ring is to low if ya get what i mean :wink:

Thanks man, also i fixed that planets ring, made it up higher like vlad said at first.

I also pixeled in some 1 and 2 point stars up at the top and than messed with opacity's of different stars, some brighter some dimmer. :D

Thanks again :)

~Nadril

The text is bad, yes, but one of the reasons is because of the color. The blue accent on the right of the text portion is an ugly blue. It just doesn't fit with the piece. Maybe pick a different color, a light color. Something that fits better with everything. Use your eyedropper and pick a color thats in one of the planets. :)

The text is bad, yes, but one of the reasons is because of the color. The blue accent on the right of the text portion is an ugly blue. It just doesn't fit with the piece. Maybe pick a different color, a light color. Something that fits better with everything. Use your eyedropper and pick a color thats in one of the planets. :)

Thats not a bad idea at all :D

I'll have to do that, hopefully than the blue will be better :D

Thanks Johnny :) and its Solely PS (well the landscape is terragen, space PS)

Dunno Nad...you'r been around this kind of thing for the last three months now...what about changing the subject a bit ? :)

I see you improved a lot since first tries but personaly i don't see the point in a 6-hand (3 peeps) work... I'd prefer to see a 100% yours work...

Back on main topic...this image is 2 "crowded"...and so unrealistic...We have this 2 huge planets so close to the 3rd one and so close one another that i wonder how they can stay in the space without collapsing...Plus the sea should be "boiling" and in tempest due to the attraction of such huge objects...The transition is 2 fast....and i'd prefer to see something "realistic" like an athmosphere filtered view rather than a transition from fresh air to deep space at 400 meters from ground. The starfield needs some work on again...way better than your first tries but still not that realistic...and i'd use a darker blue glow instead.

Your planet is nice but misses many layers compared to the left one (ok that's a huge work so i understand one can get bothered and there are plain rocky planets 2 btw) and about the glow...well...u should add but don't go 2 hard since it looks like a dead planet with no athmosphere...

Fix the text as Kephius suggested.