More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

Just to clarify a few points...

There is not enough room in our current F2P bank to store all of our essentials, along with the numerous items we need for trade, skilling, and pking.

Not everyone is going to pay $5 a month just for a game.. I'm sure this has been said two dozen times before.

I'm short on time, but I would like to say one more thing. I am drafting an entirely new "speech" about why F2P should recieve more bank space, and will be posting it in the next week or so. This version will have the latest updates and arguments, and will hopefully end this anti-F2P argument.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY should jagex help f2p....

give me one good reason.

You dont pay so why should you, you only get to play the game becuase of the p2p players.

Free play is only really a sample of what p2p play is, if you want to try out runescape properly pay... simple. Dont wine be thankful you got as much as you have for free!

1-the point was that whatever how much more bankspace we have, we still have way more items than F2P anyway.

2-I became member to acces a large range of new features including more bankspace. Everything new that is added to the game (this include additionnal bankspaces) is paid by members, thus, should only be profitable to members.

1. Whatever. I still don't see how you think 12 more bank spaces will ruin the game. Or that it'll kill Jagex's business.

2. Did you THINK about the more bankspace? I didn't. Not many people do. I doubt you do. Meaning that the fact that F2P doesn't have enough bankspace isn't drawing in that many more members, maybe 5 a month at most. (Okay, I'm guessing. Get me a more accurate number. :roll: ) Anyways, that means that if F2P gets more bank space, Jagex will lose only $50-100 a month. Compared to what they make now, that's not much. So the loss won't be much.

And I agree with Tetsuya...I'm nowhere near my last row of space.

1-oh, that wouldn't ruin the game at all. But i'd be mad if they had them without paying.

2-I didn't switch to members because of the bankspaces, true. Because as i said earlier, i never really needed more bankspace in f2p. But when i read about members benefits and realised we'd have way more items, i did think about the members' additionnal bankspaces.

Sure, they won't lose much. I'd just be slightly mad.

And maybe you're not close to your last row (im currently not close either) but i have often been, at which time i did some cleaning everythime, like dropping holiday items and random events items.

About these lasts, it if f2pers choice to keep random events items, if they fancy them over their crafting tools or whatever, too bad.

I see no harm in dropping them.

Not everyone is going to pay $5 a month just for a game.. I'm sure this has been said two dozen times before.

Not everyone is going to pay 1 million for a house.

But if you want a castle-ish house, don't expect to have it for free.

not even just a bigger house.

Just set your priorities, if the game is not important enough for you to pay 5 bucks a month, then why would it be important enough for you to need more bankspace?

Just set your priorities, if the game is not important enough for you to pay 5 bucks a month, then why would it be important enough for you to need more bankspace?

PREACH BROTHER!

A game and a house are completely different. :shock:

Tetsuya.png

A game and a house are completely different. :shock:

That's for sure, when you don't understand the analogy.

p.s. just a quick question, where do you store your stuff in real-life?

1-oh, that wouldn't ruin the game at all. But i'd be mad if they had them without paying.

2-I didn't switch to members because of the bankspaces, true. Because as i said earlier, i never really needed more bankspace in f2p. But when i read about members benefits and realised we'd have way more items, i did think about the members' additionnal bankspaces.

And maybe you're not close to your last row (im currently not close either) but i have often been, at which time i did some cleaning everythime, like dropping holiday items and random events items.

About these lasts, it if f2pers choice to keep random events items, if they fancy them over their crafting tools or whatever, too bad.

Okay, from what I see, this is all about YOU being mad. I suppose most P2P would be mad. We were mad when the SoS came out, weren't we? If not, we shouldn't be mad now. If yes, then well, the same being mad would come with this update. Or any other F2P update. What I mean is that no matter what F2P gets, a new dungeon with new monsters and items or TWELVE more bank space, P2P will be mad. So I suppose you should go tell Jagex to not give F2P more updates as we'll be mad.

And uh...I've NEVER been close to my last row. I've only dropped a few things since I became a member. And fine, if F2P want random event items rather than items that are used more often, it's their choice. Except I'm pretty sure most people, including P2P, would keep a zombie mask over a chisel.

(Next post...)

We've gone over MANY reasons why someone who really wants to be a member won't be one. You may say that it is completely irrelevant as it's that persons's problem, not Jagex's but there's something called being nice.

(Fat Hobbit's post)

Then WHY did F2P get the SoS? New prayers? A new bank? And being thankful for what you get is hard if the items needed can't be stored in your bank.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Okay, from what I see, this is all about YOU being mad. I suppose most P2P would be mad. We were mad when the SoS came out, weren't we? If not, we shouldn't be mad now. If yes, then well, the same being mad would come with this update. Or any other F2P update. What I mean is that no matter what F2P gets, a new dungeon with new monsters and items or TWELVE more bank space, P2P will be mad. So I suppose you should go tell Jagex to not give F2P more updates as we'll be mad.

And uh...I've NEVER been close to my last row. I've only dropped a few things since I became a member. And fine, if F2P want random event items rather than items that are used more often, it's their choice. Except I'm pretty sure most people, including P2P, would keep a zombie mask over a chisel.

(Next post...)

We've gone over MANY reasons why someone who really wants to be a member won't be one. You may say that it is completely irrelevant as it's that persons's problem, not Jagex's but there's something called being nice.

(Fat Hobbit's post)

Then WHY did F2P get the SoS? New prayers? A new bank? And being thankful for what you get is hard if the items needed can't be stored in your bank.

-lol I won't go tell JAGeX, since i'm sure they already know most of us would be mad. :P

-The fact is that they whine about not being able to store all their necessary stuff and don't want to have to rebuy a chisel everytime they want to cut a stone. Then, either drop a useless superficial look-enhancing item and keep one of those necessary item, or keep the useful item and drop the hard-to-get-back-but-useless item.

I'm not there to tell anyone what to do, but to tell them to assume their choice of keeping a mask over a chisel.

-Sure, there is a thing called being nice. But jagex is a company, not a charity church.

That's for sure, when you don't understand the analogy.

It's a bad analogy on so many levels.

Let me develope it then.

about the caring for it:

lets say your bank is a chalet you have in another country, where you stay when you get there, but about which you don't care because you only stay there a few days/weeks a year and only for sleeping since you go and see friends over during the day. Then you don't care and don't wanna pay a lot for it. F2P bank. don't care about runescape enough to pay for it, accept the small bank.

compare it to the house you stay at everyday. then you want it to be large and nice and beautiful. You care about it. You'll pay for it.

---

about size now:

lets say you have a 12 rooms house, and have stuff to fill 10 absolutely necessary rooms(training items), and very beautiful stuff, but not so necessary(random events items), to fill another 4 rooms. in addition to that, you have some stuff that if you lose, you walk down the block and get it back for free. it fills 2 more rooms. (holiday items) thats a total of 16 rooms' filling, but you can only fit 12 rooms worth of stuff.

either you drop useful or beautiful stuff. assume your choice.

but some people will decide they'd rather buy a huge house and fill 90 of its 100 rooms instead of droping stuff.

---

Now, tell me, how was that a bad analogy?

p.s. just a quick question, where do you store your stuff in real-life?

My bedroom, how is this relevant?

Allright, lets say you have 1 shelf and can only store 10 things. you have 20.

you could pay for another shelf or throw stuff away.

(you have to imagine you can nly store stuff in a shelf, obviously)

this is how its relevant. the bank is to your rs stuff what your room is to your r-l stuff.

-lol I won't go tell JAGeX, since i'm sure they already know most of us would be mad. :P

-The fact is that they whine about not being able to store all their necessary stuff and don't want to have to rebuy a chisel everytime they want to cut a stone. Then, either drop a useless superficial look-enhancing item and keep one of those necessary item, or keep the useful item and drop the hard-to-get-back-but-useless item.

I'm not there to tell anyone what to do, but to tell them to assume their choice of keeping a mask over a chisel.

-Sure, there is a thing called being nice. But jagex is a company, not a charity church.

-Uh...Okay...

-Uh...Sure...

-So because Jagex is a company and makes more than enough money doesn't allow them to be nice?

doublesmileyface1.png

-So because Jagex is a company and makes more than enough money doesn't allow them to be nice?

It doesn't keep them form being nice, but the principle of a company/capitalism is to make as much money as possible. If being nicer was to get them more money, i'm sure they'd be.

If they gave F2P 12 more bank spaces it would make you less likely to start paying. Ofcourse as a company Jagex don't want this.

Generally, a person has a predetermined opinion of whether they will pay or not. Adding some bank space will not change very many positive opinions (that is, the ones that will get members) at all, let alone enough to keep them from buying a membership. On the other side of the coin, we have those who say they WON'T pay. For these people, neglecting them will only make things worse.

this is not a flame war but a sugestion so stop arguing please

anyway i am personaly going to sugest to jagex that they finish the half finished row in f2p

No offense but...

How else do you say we take care of the non-supporters? We have to make them agree with us, or at least make them neutral. And that requires arguing. Which has gone on a lot.

And they'll probably ignore it...Or at least send an automated reply. Good luck though, 4 is better than nothing.

If they gave F2P 12 more bank spaces it would make you less likely to start paying. Ofcourse as a company Jagex don't want this.

Hahahaha, no. Once again...Who becomes a member for bank space? Who'd quit P2P if F2P got bank space? How many less new members would there be if F2P got more bank space?

Either you fail, or you're now a supporter. -.- Maybe kind of stubborn and stupid.

doublesmileyface1.png

Well, some of us are first training our account till it's better, so that the money we invest in membership doesn't get thrown away for training. I have predefined the levels i want to have, and then I'll be a member. But the lack of space is slowing my progress. And as i pointed out before, I'd like to see members play without F2P. 12 spaces is not much to jagex, it's a lot to us, and i really don't understand why members would be angry that their fellow players get a gift. Also, there is something called a reputation. Jagex build up their rep by doing things that seem little but mean a lot to people. Members would get 12 spaces too, so give me a valid reason why this is bad. If jealousy or selfishness is your reason, then go hide somewhere.

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Need a countdown? Don't know where to find one? http://www.pending.me.uk/

Retired TET leader.

Hahahaha, no. Once again...Who becomes a member for bank space? Who'd quit P2P if F2P got bank space? How many less new members would there be if F2P got more bank space?

Either you fail, or you're now a supporter. -.- Maybe kind of stubborn and stupid.

Exactly. =D>

Tetsuya.png

Since both my main and my pure are f2p I could use extra room for what I store, they could at least add up to five rows which would probably be a start if they even made an effort to please f2p people. Unfortunately the reason is that they don't want to seeing as they want us all to become members at some point. I could still use the extra bank space without shoveling out more money in which I don't have.

Just to clarify a few points...

There is not enough room in our current F2P bank to store all of our essentials, along with the numerous items we need for trade, skilling, and pking.

I'm short on time, but I would like to say one more thing. I am drafting an entirely new "speech" about why F2P should recieve more bank space, and will be posting it in the next week or so. This version will have the latest updates and arguments, and will hopefully end this anti-F2P argument.

no no no no no no no

essentials are

money? why to buy things so you can do things

thats all money is the only thing you need

chisels etc etc you do not need but they are handy to have

and so is armour so stick to 1set!

and no it wont end the anti f2p argument..removing f2p would...not that i would like to see that happen

but anyway i support now...ive had enough of people saying such and such

finishing of the row would do no harm at all