More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

wow I did dragonslayer at lvl 47 too! anyway bank space hmmm...

I've found a great way to free up bank space! be a range/warrior hybrid. Heres my armor:

-rune med/coif

-power ammy

-maple short

-addy arrows

-rune scimy

-d-hide chaps

-d-hide vambs'

-leather boots

-rune chain (it doesnt affect range)

I'm always wearing this armor and it has decent stats for range and warrior!

..but I cant store it all in my bank, we need bank space. :pray:

range- 69/70 ~ currently poor but with good stuff

strength- 64/70 ~go461-combat 71~

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the entire first post, so don't start yelling at me and saying I didn't.

Anyhow, I was f2p for a good year or so before i became a member. Although I do agree that f2p bank space is very small in comparison with all the things f2p has to offer, I do NOT think jagex should add more bank space. Nothing in life (at least nothing that great) is free. If you don't like the fact that they don't update their free version of the game, go find another free mmorpg. there's plenty out there. Probably not as good as runescape, but at least they'll be updated.

ALSO, you said "we don't all have $5 a month to waste."

WTF! $5! FOR A MONTH?! thats 17 pennies per day. less than a measly quarter.

What's the age limit to play runescape? 13+. Assuming people follow this rule, I believe a worker's permit can be obtained at the age of 14? and what's the minimum wage in the U.S.? 6 dollars or so PER HOUR!

If you can't manage to pay that $5 a month, shame on you. get a job, 1 hour of work pays for an entire month of runescape. And besides your not just paying for bank space, you're paying for a huge expansion to the amount of things you can do in runescape.

On a final note: if runescape isn't worth 17 cents/day to you, then don't play it.

sfunk_89.jpg

sfunk_89.jpg

I read the entire first post, so don't start yelling at me and saying I didn't.

Anyhow, I was f2p for a good year or so before i became a member. Although I do agree that f2p bank space is very small in comparison with all the things f2p has to offer, I do NOT think jagex should add more bank space. Nothing in life (at least nothing that great) is free. If you don't like the fact that they don't update their free version of the game, go find another free mmorpg. there's plenty out there. Probably not as good as runescape, but at least they'll be updated.

ALSO, you said "we don't all have $5 a month to waste."

[what the heck]! $5! FOR A MONTH?! thats 17 pennies per day. less than a measly quarter.

What's the age limit to play runescape? 13+. Assuming people follow this rule, I believe a worker's permit can be obtained at the age of 14? and what's the minimum wage in the U.S.? 6 dollars or so PER HOUR!

If you can't manage to pay that $5 a month, shame on you. get a job, 1 hour of work pays for an entire month of runescape. And besides your not just paying for bank space, you're paying for a huge expansion to the amount of things you can do in runescape.

On a final note: if runescape isn't worth 17 cents/day to you, then don't play it.

Heck yes, dont complain about what you get for free. Quit playing if you have a problem with that. Also people shouldnt be able to get past like lv 60 without being a member for at least a month.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

Heck yes, dont complain about what you get for free. Quit playing if you have a problem with that. Also people shouldnt be able to get past like lv 60 without being a member for at least a month.
That's just silly.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I have 2 words: Stop Whining. Here's why: Your suggested inventory list was this:

Armor (Platebody, Plate-Legs, Shield, Helm)

Weapons (Swords, Battle Axes, 2hers)

Ranging Armour (Body, chaps, vambraces, cowl)

Bow

Arrows of several sorts (Most people have at least two)

Mage Clothes (Top, Hat, Skirt, and Anti Dragon Shield)

Mage Staves (Earth, Fire, Water, Air)

Runes (Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Laws, Natures, Chaos, Deaths, Cosmics, Bodies)

Pickaxe

Woodcutting Axe

Fishing Supplies (Feathers, Bait, Harpoon, Lobster Pot)

Ore of various sorts (Tin, copper, iron, mith, addy, rune, gold, silver, clay)

Bars of various sorts (Bronze, Iron, Steel, Mithril, Gold, Silver, Addy, Rune)

Wood of various sorts (Regular, Oak, Willow, Yew)

GP (Money)

Random Event Outfits (Full Zombie, Full Frog, Full Mime, Full Camo, Full Lenderhosen) [Make up a large bulk of the bank]

Quest Items (May have an average of 5+ items for quests) [Not valid for players that have completed all the quests]

Food of many sorts (Swordies, Lobbies, and under)

Strength Potions

Trimmed Armour and Clothing of all sorts

Armor - check.

Weapons - why do you need three different kinds? I use one, and have two of them.

Range Armor - check.

Bow - check.

Arrows - 2 kinds

Mage Armor - drop the Anti-drag shield. It's not like you'll be fighting more than one dragon as a non-member.

Mage Staves - use one: Air.

Runes: Earth, Water, Fire, Nature, Chaos, Death, Law. Bodies are crap, and you don't need Airs because you have a staff.

Pickaxe - check.

WC axe - check.

Fishing Supplies - Harpoon OR Lobster Pot (net or rod/bait for low lvls)

Ore - only what you're actively using/training on. I keep iron, coal and mithril. If I have need for something else, I get it, use it, and am done.

Bars - only what you're actively using/training on. I keep steel and mithril. If I have need for something else, I get it, use it, and am done.

Wood - Wood is for burning. The only money you'll make with wood is Yew. Burn the rest.

GP - check.

Random Event Outfits - they are crap. Completely useless. If you want to keep one for showboating purposes, fine. But I NEVER use ANY of mine.

Quest Items - A few for the quest you're actively working on. Start a quest, and finish it. Very few require banking loads of stuff, so carry everything you can. There is no quest that you need more than 28 spaces of random items at any time.

Food - Keep what you are going to use. I never use anything worse than tuna. Drop or sell the rest.

Strength Pots - check.

Trimmed Armor and Clothing - unnecessary. If you really like showboating, keep a set. If you have rune trimmed armor, use it as your normal armor, and don't fight things that'll probably kill you. In the last year, I can remember dying unintentionally a total of 2 times, and in both of those, I was being stupid. Also remember that if you're going to be a pker, you need to be able to afford to replace all of the armor you're going to use, in case you lose it. (and if not, afford to replace all but the 3 most expensive items)

I have been playing Runescape for more than six years, and have been a member for the most recent one. I know how it is for non-members, believe me. And we used to have even less bank space than y'all have now, AND all equipped items were part of the satchel. Even as a member, I am faced with diminishing bank space. Herblore alone takes up 35 bank spaces, and I don't keep low-level items in that skill. Fletching another 15, and I'm not about to guess how many types of seeds I have sitting around for Farming.

Armor - check.

Weapons - why do you need three different kinds? I use one, and have two of them.

Range Armor - check.

Bow - check.

Arrows - 2 kinds

Mage Armor - drop the Anti-drag shield. It's not like you'll be fighting more than one dragon as a non-member.

Runes: Earth, Water, Fire, Nature, Chaos, Death, Law. Bodies are crap, and you don't need Airs because you have a staff.

Pickaxe - check.

WC axe - check.

Ore - only what you're actively using/training on. I keep iron, coal and mithril. If I have need for something else, I get it, use it, and am done.

Bars - only what you're actively using/training on. I keep steel and mithril. If I have need for something else, I get it, use it, and am done.

Wood - Wood is for burning. The only money you'll make with wood is Yew. Burn the rest.

GP - check.

Random Event Outfits - they are crap. Completely useless. If you want to keep one for showboating purposes, fine. But I NEVER use ANY of mine.

Quest Items - A few for the quest you're actively working on. Start a quest, and finish it. Very few require banking loads of stuff, so carry everything you can. There is no quest that you need more than 28 spaces of random items at any time.

Food - Keep what you are going to use. I never use anything worse than tuna. Drop or sell the rest.

Strength Pots - check.

Trimmed Armor and Clothing - unnecessary. If you really like showboating, keep a set. If you have rune trimmed armor, use it as your normal armor, and don't fight things that'll probably kill you. In the last year, I can remember dying unintentionally a total of 2 times, and in both of those, I was being stupid. Also remember that if you're going to be a pker, you need to be able to afford to replace all of the armor you're going to use, in case you lose it. (and if not, afford to replace all but the 3 most expensive items)

While I agree with you on most of this, you left a few things out:

Melee weapons have certain strengths against certain armors, so some people like to keep weapons with crush, slash, and stab attacks, i.e. a rune 2-hand, a rune scimitar, and a rune long sword.

F2P Mages don't have the Anti-dragon shield to use against dragons; we use them because they are the only available f2p shield which does not hurt our magic bonuses.

I use an Air Staff for fighting, but I still have other staves: fire for superheat item, high alch, and lvl 3 enchant, water for lvl 1 enchant, and i will get earth soon for lvl 4 enchant.

I agree that we don't need air runes, but I still have a slot because I craft them to sell, and I keep body runes because they do help in combat. You also forgot to include cosmic runes.

There are a few items which are still useful even after the quest, especially Silverlight, which is good against demons.

You also forgot to add crafting supplies to that list, and i have 4 slots of gems, a slot for chisel, a slot for gold bars, slots for molds, plus slots for cowhide, needles, and thread.

And we used to have even less bank space than y'all have now, AND all equipped items were part of the satchel.

Thank you for killing another common argument. You say that F2P HAS gotten more bank space before. Some people have come in here saying that they've never gotten more and they never will. Guess not!

And your list is alright, in the strictest sense. Eagleman's corrections are even better. But what you render useless may not be useless to other people. Some people collect stuff. They like keeping cool stuff. But it's not necessary. Yeah, they can drop it, but would you want to drop those random event clothes you've been collecting for years?

Yes, you say that they are not necessary. That is true. That doesn't mean people don't keep them. That doesn't mean people will willingly drop them. That doesn't mean people will easily drop them reluctantly. (Confusing sentence, I know)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Armor - check.

Range Armor - check.

Bow - check.

Arrows - 2 kinds

Pickaxe - check.

WC axe - check.

GP - check.

Strength Pots - check.

While I agree with you on most of this, you left a few things out:

Melee weapons have certain strengths against certain armors, so some people like to keep weapons with crush, slash, and stab attacks, i.e. a rune 2-hand, a rune scimitar, and a rune long sword.

F2P Mages don't have the Anti-dragon shield to use against dragons; we use them because they are the only available f2p shield which does not hurt our magic bonuses.

I use an Air Staff for fighting, but I still have other staves: fire for superheat item, high alch, and lvl 3 enchant, water for lvl 1 enchant, and i will get earth soon for lvl 4 enchant.

I agree that we don't need air runes, but I still have a slot because I craft them to sell, and I keep body runes because they do help in combat. You also forgot to include cosmic runes.

There are a few items which are still useful even after the quest, especially Silverlight, which is good against demons.

You also forgot to add crafting supplies to that list, and i have 4 slots of gems, a slot for chisel, a slot for gold bars, slots for molds, plus slots for cowhide, needles, and thread.

your right in all of them it IS handy too have three weapons all staffs mage range and melee outfit en all kinds of other stuff

but your F2P!!!!!!!!

thats the boddom line< you guys should stop nagging your not paying anything!!!!!!

when you dont use mage get rit of your mage outfit. frog costume zombie outfit stinks anyway get rit of those too

i almost got 60m exp and even I dont have all other random event outfits

so when your F2p youll just have too get rit of stuff you dont need.

get rit of crafting stuff when your done crafting.

get rit of your range stuff when your done range training

get rit of silverlight... no its not handy it StINKS!

SO bottom line stop nagging just clean up your bank and sell stuff you dont need... i got mroe then enough friends who are F2p FOR life and doing fine with the bankspace

F2P.... Regardless of what anyone says, They still need bank space.

The list of items were not bad. But to stick to that would be hard, So. Lets Take the fight to the jagex tower! We've done it before and we can do it again!

We want bank space... When do we want it. Now!

Bank space is in ergent need. But for some reason. This topic isnt turning heads at the Jagex tower... We need to find a way to Make them listen.

F2P still need's an update now and then. So. We will take on jagex on this matter. If jagex wont do it for us... Do it for themselfs...

They dont like banning people. But it will become a matter of banning people who make other accounts just to hold there items and then trade them back when they need them. This is breaking the rules.. Thats never something you should do. But i know that people out there are turning to this just to be able to train there skills. Its not good. So please jagex...

:pray: Please Jagex. F2P need this bank space :pray:

F2P.... Regardless of what anyone says, They still need bank space.

The list of items were not bad. But to stick to that would be hard, So. Lets Take the fight to the jagex tower! We've done it before and we can do it again!

We want bank space... When do we want it. Now!

Bank space is in ergent need. But for some reason. This topic isnt turning heads at the Jagex tower... We need to find a way to Make them listen.

F2P still need's an update now and then. So. We will take on jagex on this matter. If jagex wont do it for us... Do it for themselfs...

They dont like banning people. But it will become a matter of banning people who make other accounts just to hold there items and then trade them back when they need them. This is breaking the rules.. Thats never something you should do. But i know that people out there are turning to this just to be able to train there skills. Its not good. So please jagex...

:pray: Please Jagex. F2P need this bank space :pray:

....Bank space is in ergent need. But for some reason. This topic isnt turning heads at the Jagex tower... We need to find a way to Make them listen......

mmm maybe beause they couldnt care less about a bunch of f2p (freeloaders) saying they want something. you dont pay!!!! theyre making this game as a job and not a hobby.

as long theyre are enough p2P people and enough new P2p people they wont update anything.

you could even think that when there are gonna be less P2P people theyre gonna make F2p more boring. so f2p people are forced too go P2P..

so all f2Pers should just shut up or pay...

its so fricking annoying

Over thirty of my slots are occupied by seeds that I actually still want. Going back to F2P, I've needed two sets of everything that I'm going to use, or else I can't store it. Running around with only 16 slots to work with is a pain.

Though I won't benefit from those 12 slots, more prudent bankers certainly will, so I advocate it!

barrowsmghost,eaglecomix.gif

I'm sorry to say that the creation of the RSC topic will have to be delayed until the end of next week. I'll be gone to Kentucky, and then the beach, and won't get back until next Sunday. Please keep the thread clean while I'm away. ;)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I'm a P2P...but i have a lil brother...i hate when he have to drop him staff...because he doesn't have space

i love this idea and i support it....19 slots isn't enough

i really want a F2P more bank space

solihard.gif

solihard.gif

dragonmvoidk,solihard.gif

mmm maybe beause they couldnt care less about a bunch of f2p (freeloaders) saying they want something. you dont pay!!!! theyre making this game as a job and not a hobby.

as long theyre are enough p2P people and enough new P2p people they wont update anything.

you could even think that when there are gonna be less P2P people theyre gonna make F2p more boring. so f2p people are forced too go P2P..

so all f2Pers should just shut up or pay...

its so fricking annoying

Even if f2ps were free loaders, even if f2p was a demo u would still have to upgrade it sometime. I mean think about it, they need treat f2p with upgrades to show what p2p is like, cause thats what demos do.

Anyways what made u think that f2p were freeloaders?

Prankster you can add me to the petition!!

I agree to this 100 positivley percent I had to dump my lederhosen top just to have space for my rune helm.... :( i was so angry.... Nonmem really need more bankspace. WE nonmem may not be paying 5 bucks but were still playing the game I"m not asking much but i want atleast 10 banlspace i'll be happy then. I been mem for 3 months, and boyi got to tell u that they dont need that much bankspace. I realized how little bankspace nonmem have when i became one.

SAMCHENG.png

I agree to this 100 positivley percent I had to dump my lederhosen top just to have space for my rune helm.... :( i was so angry.... Nonmem really need more bankspace. WE nonmem may not be paying 5 bucks but were still playing the game I"m not asking much but i want atleast 10 banlspace i'll be happy then. I been mem for 3 months, and boyi got to tell u that they dont need that much bankspace. I realized how little bankspace nonmem have when i became one.

It eventually gets to a point where Jagex makes you go through withdrawal symptoms after quitting members. Way to go, marketing techniques!

barrowsmghost,eaglecomix.gif

exactly, but we still need more that 10. I am a member for a bit but gonna end soon, and boy, you don't realize just how much you need until you become one. I have been using about at least 100 spots for my non-member stuff. It helps, but we should still get more, I am gonna end being a member soon, partly to rataliate against Jagex for not giving non-members more bank space. so happy Jagex?

{~Deathtopia~}

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

I am gonna end being a member soon, partly to rataliate against Jagex for not giving non-members more bank space. so happy Jagex?
That's effectively taking your rage about free bank space out on yourself. Jagex couldn't care less if a few people quit members because of free bank space, as long as enough people join members because of it.

newscape300x50qz7.gif

grammar2gr8dxhn9.png

"If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all."

It eventually gets to a point where Jagex makes you go through withdrawal symptoms after quitting members. Way to go, marketing techniques!

Amen to that.

I am gonna end being a member soon, partly to rataliate against Jagex for not giving non-members more bank space. so happy Jagex?
That's effectively taking your rage about free bank space out on yourself. Jagex couldn't care less if a few people quit members because of free bank space, as long as enough people join members because of it.

If the latter number is lower, they should care. :x

Tetsuya.png