More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

i support but im not changing my hair

A style change is no longer required. Just the color change. There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to chnage your hair to white... It's not going to break your bank. ::'

That and for this week it's free!

and i dont think white will go well with my clans hair cut

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IAm314159: The need for bank space increases with each holiday special, random event update, SoS-like update, F2P tradeable treasure trail update, etc. If the bank seems crammed to you now, wait a few months when more items come out and the upcoming holiday item. :P The need for bankspace is now, before it gets any more crowded than it already is. 12 spaces is the perfect amount.. It's not too little, not too much. It's just enough to store your items with a little room to spare.

I do not quite agree. Although I do want more bank space, my current bank space, although cramp, is still able to hold ALL the items that I need for my daily RuneScape life. Note: I DO NOT KEEP ANY RANDOM EVENT ITEMS! THEY JUST WASTE SPACE!

Ah, well there's the problem. Most people do keep their random event clothing. I myself have full camo, full lenderhosen, full frong prince, and full zombie in my bank. It's a bit stuffy in there... To me, as well as most people that keep random event clothing, the clothing symbolizes how long you've been playing Runescape. Some of them are so rare that you have to have been playing for quite some time to get the full set, like the Mime. If I ever see someone in full mime, I know they've probably been playing for a long time because of how rare that event is. I have yet to get any of the mime outfit, as I only have one of the emotes so far. Also, some of the outfits are actually fun to play in -- like the zombie and camo. Who doesn't like to run around in full zombie, following people and saying "Braaaiiiinnsss!!", just to freak them out. That's one of my favorite Runescape past times. :) And camo? It's tons of fun getting a group of people with full camo together, and going to do "assaults" on places like the Bandit Camp. It just adds to the fun of Runescape. Oh, and don't forget Lenderhosen... Fally pub, lenderhosen, lots of beer. That's a party right there. ::' Random event clothing is (in my opinion) one of the greatest aspects of F2P. It's not just about skilling for these... It's about having fun -- a key factor of Runescape that so many people have forgotten about.

now the storing of new holiday items is not required because you can just destroy them go to diango and withdraw whatever ones you want then destroy them when your done.

No need to double post, just edit it in. :D

The reason it's white is because it helps us seem more like an organized group and not a chaotic mass of people. Also, if all of us have white hair, it helps us stand out in the crowd. I could say one of the crazy colors, but lots of newer players have us, because it makes their guys weirder.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

Id Suge- Latin for "Suck It"

My opinions are as such...

More F2P Bank Space is an understandable issue, as I have been F2P all the while in RuneScape ever since I started playing. Although I do admit that the current bank space is rather cramp, I would like to point out that even with the squeeze in bank space, I have been able to store all my required stuff in my bank. Here is a list of all my items to prove that it is possible:

1) GP

2 - 12) Runes (Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Mind, Body, Cosmic, Chaos, Nature, Law, Death)

13 - 14) Arrows (Bronze and Iron - I do not use Adamant or any others as I am not a PKer)

15 - 18) Staves (Air, Water, Earth, Fire)

19) Skull Sceptre (Teleport to Barbarian Village)

20 - 23) Ranged Armour (Coif, Green D'hide Body, Green D'hide Chaps, Green D'hide Vambraces)

24) Maple Shortbow (Ranged Weapon - DUH)

25) Rune Scimitar (My Preferred Melee Weapon)

26) Rune 2h Sword (For Shortbow-2h Combo)

27) Rune Mace (For Prayer Bonus)

28 - 31) Rune Armour (Rune Full Helm, Rune Platebody, Rune Platelegs, Rune Kiteshield)

32 - 34) Monk Attire (Monk Robe - top, Monk Robe - bottom, Holy Symbol)

35 - 38) Wizard Gear (Wizard Hat, Wizard Robe, Blue Skirt, Anti-dragon Shield)

39) Cape (yellow)

40 - 41) Amulets (Amulet of Magic, Amulet of Power)

42 - 43) Boots (Leather Boots, Fancy Boots)

44) Rune Pickaxe (Mining)

45) Rune Axe (Woodcutting)

46) Fly Fishing Rod (I do not keep feathers in my bank, I just kill chickens if I have the need to, and Lobster Pots and Harpoons I get from Gerrant at Port Sarim before I start fishing, if not then I throw them away)

47 - 51) Food (Kebabs, Trout, Salmons, Lobsters, Swordfish - ALL COOKED)

52 - 55) Runecrafting Supplies (Air Tiara, Earth Tiara, Mind Tiara, Body Tiara, I do not keep any Water or Fire Tiara as the Water Altar is too far from a bank, and I always use a Fire Staff for infinite Fire Runes)

56) Rune Essence (I keep 25 for Air Running)

57) Leather Vambraces (To complete Mage outfit)

58) Brass Key (Access to Edgeville Dungeon - Hill Giants Area)

59) Forgotten - WILL CHECK AND UPDATE

60) EMPTY CURRENTLY - To be filled by an Amulet of Strength when I get a higher Attack level

As you can see, the 60 bank slots are filled up perfectly with items of relevant value, althought I did not keep items relevant to certain skills (logs, ores, feathers) or any random event clothing. I also sold off anything I got from skilling, unless it was food. This proves that F2P Bank Space is not yet a very pressing matter.

BUT WHY THE CAMPAIGN FOR 12 MORE BANK SLOTS?

Answer: Greed. F2P Players, I do admit (as I am one myself) ARE getting greedier. Jagex has already added the SOS (Stronghold of Security, the Skull Sceptre, and now the Party Room. Although I say it would not hurt Jagex to give F2P more bank space, it is not wise to say that Jagex is not giving F2P players enough things to play with. Members may tell F2P players to just pay the US$5 and be gone with it, but there are a plethora of reasons why most F2P players do not sign up for membership.

1) Parents' disapproval of the game

2) Not being able to afford

3) There are already enough things to play with in F2P

4) It will get boring in P2P

5) F2P is enough

6) I do not have enough time to enjoy P2P

7) What's the whole point of signing up for membership when F2P is better

8) ETC.

There exist many other reasons why F2P players do not sign up for membership that I have not listed down yet. Thus, I conclude my argument: I do support the Campaign, but I still have reservations on such matters. F2P FOREVER!

It may be all and well for your uses, but what about the people who have a clan? They have an alternative set of armour in their bank for their clan.

Also, people keep their random event costumes because it is hard to get again.

Also, don't forget when you are a member, there is a better chance of getting hacked than if you are a non-member. I don't know why, but it is true.

Yes. I do admit that since I do not have a proper clan, and I do not go PKing, I do not keep any alternative sets of armour in my bank, my bank space problem is not really that severe. Neither do I keep random event clothing because I RARELY receive any. I am also NOT going to become a member just for bank space, so there is a low chance that my bank will be hacked.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

IAm314159: The need for bank space increases with each holiday special, random event update, SoS-like update, F2P tradeable treasure trail update, etc. If the bank seems crammed to you now, wait a few months when more items come out and the upcoming holiday item. :P The need for bankspace is now, before it gets any more crowded than it already is. 12 spaces is the perfect amount.. It's not too little, not too much. It's just enough to store your items with a little room to spare.

I do not quite agree. Although I do want more bank space, my current bank space, although cramp, is still able to hold ALL the items that I need for my daily RuneScape life. Note: I DO NOT KEEP ANY RANDOM EVENT ITEMS! THEY JUST WASTE SPACE!

Ah, well there's the problem. Most people do keep their random event clothing. I myself have full camo, full lenderhosen, full frong prince, and full zombie in my bank. It's a bit stuffy in there... To me, as well as most people that keep random event clothing, the clothing symbolizes how long you've been playing Runescape. Some of them are so rare that you have to have been playing for quite some time to get the full set, like the Mime. If I ever see someone in full mime, I know they've probably been playing for a long time because of how rare that event is. I have yet to get any of the mime outfit, as I only have one of the emotes so far. Also, some of the outfits are actually fun to play in -- like the zombie and camo. Who doesn't like to run around in full zombie, following people and saying "Braaaiiiinnsss!!", just to freak them out. That's one of my favorite Runescape past times. :) And camo? It's tons of fun getting a group of people with full camo together, and going to do "assaults" on places like the Bandit Camp. It just adds to the fun of Runescape. Oh, and don't forget Lenderhosen... Fally pub, lenderhosen, lots of beer. That's a party right there. ::' Random event clothing is (in my opinion) one of the greatest aspects of F2P. It's not just about skilling for these... It's about having fun -- a key factor of Runescape that so many people have forgotten about.

Ah. Yes. I admit your point. RuneScape is about fun. But whatever it is, I still never keep random event clothing. If Jagex does include a BIT more bank space, 12 spaces or 6 spaces or even 3 or 2, I will be VERY GLAD. I would then keep my random event clothing, if I get randoms.

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

May I ask you, Prankster_King, where did you get this number "12" from? Why 12 more bank spaces?

My Blog

4z9pgcp.gif

now the storing of new holiday items is not required because you can just destroy them go to diango and withdraw whatever ones you want then destroy them when your done.

Dude, it's already been said about twenty times. Lots of us have done that. I did and with all my armor and inventory in the bank for when I go skilling, I only have one space. I'll be damned if I can't store something important or really rare (i.e. Mine clothes).

Ad what's up with all these triple posts. Try to put them all in the same message and if you think of something else, just edit it in to your last message. It's not really bad, just a bit irritating at times.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

i'm f2p atm and i need bank space!

i support!

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

I had yet another event in my personal life all day, so I couldn't come today. How was it? I'd like some info please!

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

i just got hacked out of all but that ammy

someone was kind enough to buy me some robes...

ill be at the rallys as minirouge13 but thats it fro him on runescape...

ive got literatly nothing but the gown adn amulet

of course my level 61 is thriving for now...

do me a favor:

REPORT PASSWORD SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allcp5.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Last edited by minirouge13 on an unknown date, edited 9,999 time in total

http://img.world-of-dungeons.net/wod/design/playthisgame/en/wod_1.jpg

The rally went reasonably well. We had maybe 7 people in the begining, which grew to 15ish with randoms that tagged along. I'm extremely sorry about ending it early.. A very urgent matter came up that I had to go tend to. I did not take any pics of this rally.

Urgent News:

From this point on, the rallies are temporarily canceled. I'm looking to other options for the campaign. Currently, the weekly rallies aren't going as well as I'd hoped. It was pointed out in RSC that having rallies at less frequent times may give them a better outcome. I'm going to test that theory with monthly rallies. Info on that will be posted shortly. I will also be updates the main post shortly, clarifying the change.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Ok Prankster_King. I do think that a monthly one might draw more people. That and doing it every week could get boring to some.

I feel bad that I've only been to one, but I do have a life. I do think that with ALL the people that have supported us tried to come if they were able to, there would be more (I just stated the obvious...). But I feel that they aren't for fear of what Jagex might do. It would just make our cause more substantial if people would step up and at least try to come to any that they can. Maybe making the change like you suggested might help with this. After all you are the boss.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

I truly 100% support.

Hm, I have a company that has over 50+ active members in which a total of around 100+ members. I might be able to help with your rallies by telling my workers to participate. I will have to see more of this suggestion before I put my foot unto this cause. In the meanwhile, keep up the good work.

username: 1434sweet

I truly 100% support.

Hm, I have a company that has over 50+ active members in which a total of around 100+ members. I might be able to help with your rallies by telling my workers to participate. I will have to see more of this suggestion before I put my foot unto this cause. In the meanwhile, keep up the good work.

username: 1434sweet

Wow, that would be great!

My post within the anti-f2p bank space rant:

I bet most of you are not in a clan. The reason why I am saying this is because when you're in an F2P clan, you usually require an alternative set of armour, food, and strength potions. Who would bring god armour into the Wilderness? We have every right to god armour as members do. Plus, the clan may include events such as costume parties which require you to have some sort of costume. Also, most random event clothing are difficult to get. I'im sure members won't care because they can just buy cool clothing from quest related NPCs. Also, they give you a great look without much of a weigh down. Who would air run with clunky rune armour?

Don't forget the runes. F2P players have runes too you know. If they are a magician for their clan, the runes include but may not be limited to the following: Nature Runes, Death Runes, Water Runes, Air Runes, and Earth Runes. Don't forget the runes for training magic. Mind Runes and body runes are included as well. In great quantities I might add.

There are non-combat magic spells as well. This includes Cosmic Runes, Law runes, and Nature runes all used to make products or to make going places faster.

What about the Ranged skill? What about the Arrows (bronze, iron, steel), Ranger Equipment (Green Dragonhide Body, Chaps, and Vambraces)? Or for PKers it may include Adamantite arrows.

What about the cooking skill? Skill oriented players will have raw lobster hoping to get the nice level of 99. What's wrong with that?

What about Mining and Smithing? Players often mine all their ores for smithing. Usually in great amounts. Don't forget bars.

What about the RuneCrafting skill? There will usually be loads of rune essence with the runes that were crafted.

Don't forget the Crafting skill. There will be numerous gems of all types within their bank which will be great crafting experience. Plus, don't forget gold bars and gold ores that have to be used to make the product.

What about rares? I know there are few people with rares, but these do take up space believe it or not. You can't just drop them because they are worth millions! People have a right to have rares you know.

I'm sure there are thousands of people that are willing to support my argument. I will stop this post for now because I'm sure people will get the point.

j0xPu5R.png

Good job, Killerred. I actually haven't thought about the clans, so that's good you brought that up.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

No more bank space for low level f2p!!

lets take a look...i was a lv 94 f2p....

once i was a mem and even in my bank i still managed to keep like 5 spaces open..even with mem stuff in the mix...

so stop being little pack rats and throw out the unnecessaries

some mem stuff i had in my bank...

Monkey madness gree grees

and lunar diplomacy stuff...

and throw out all your little holiday items...you can get em back...and its not like you play with them every single day...

so stop your complaining...less i crash your rallies

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

No more bank space for low level f2p!!

Then go with a suggestion I made a while ago. Make it so that a quest is required. Make the quest requirements high then.

lets take a look...i was a lv 94 f2p....

once i was a mem and even in my bank i still managed to keep like 5 spaces open..even with mem stuff in the mix...

That's rather hard, I don't think anyone else that's posted here has done that. Maybe you're just special. Stop assuming that everyone can do the same things you can.

so stop being little pack rats and throw out the unnecessaries

Easier said than done.

and throw out all your little holiday items...you can get em back...and its not like you play with them every single day...

Please. Read. Id_Suge's post a few posts up. (Maybe the last page.) For your sake, I'll copy and paste it.

Dude, it's already been said about twenty times. Lots of us have done that. I did and with all my armor and inventory in the bank for when I go skilling, I only have one space. I'll be damned if I can't store something important or really rare (i.e. Mine clothes).

so stop your complaining...less i crash your rallies

Can you not read? The title says [Weekly Rallies Canceled!] Good luck crashing rallies that don't exist. -.-

Now...

I completely forgot about the rally. Sad to see that they're canceled for now. I would offer to lead them if I still played regularly. Anyways, this will probably be one of my last posts on this topic. I've nearly quit a lot of things, including TIF. So I'll say it while I remember...Good luck with anything you do in the future. Feel free to PM me if anything big happens. Hopefully, I'll see you at the next rally, whenever it is! ::'

(First page supporter FTW. ::' )

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.