The Ultimate Which? Melee Weapon guide (60 attack+)+Pics!

headhunter2006

Today my friend was working his head off to find a weapon that he liked. I thought, why couldn't it be simpler. With this guide I hope it will be. Once you get to level 60 attack, you can weild the infamous Dragon weapons, which offer a lot of choice. This is my guide to what to choose, from some of the more powerful weapons in the game, and reasons why or why not to buy them.

ALL DRagon weapons requite 60 attack.

Dragon Longsword 90-100k dlongci6.png Quests: Lost City

Why:Like any longsword the dragon varient is a reliable, good-all-round weapon. With a easy-to-use, good special, this weapon is perfect for killing rangers.

Why not: The longsword is a all-rounder weapon, so don't expect to be hitting very high, very quickly.

Dragon Dagger30k ddaggersy7.png Quests:Lost City

Why:A very fast weapon with an awesome special (quick 2-hits), good hit rate, and great for affordablity. Dragon Daggers are poisonable, and so are great for PKing. A VERY useful weapon, not to be overlooked.

Why Not: Being a dagger, it cannot hit very high but this is reprimanded by its speed.

Dragon Battleaxe 150-200k dbaxevh6.png Quests:Heroes

Why:At lv 58+ strength, this weapon's special works better than a super strength pot, and so is perfect for mincing through low-level opponents.

Why not: Special lowers defence, so lowers your guard against some higher levels. The battleaxe is also quite slow, and costly to replace if lost.

Dragon Mace 50k dmacenv5.png Quests: Heroes

Why: The mace gives a +5 prayer bonus and has a strong crush attack and so is perfect for killing metal dragons. The special, while slow, can hit high, and is good to quickly end fights.

Why not: THe mace is slightly weaker and slower than other weapons, and so is bad for PKing.

Dragon Spear 300k dspearog4.png

Why: The spear has a half-decent special, is poisonable, and and hits quite often.

Why not: The spear is slow, weak and stop use of a shield. Not worth paying 300k for.

Dragon Halberd 350k dhallynl6.png Quests: Regicide

Why: Dragon Halberds can hit very high and their special, which fast 2-hits large opponents, is good for use against portal in Pest Control.

Why not: Expensive to replace, slow, and stopping use of a shield, this is NOT recommended as a primary weapon.

Dragon 2H 2 mill+ d2hws5.png

Why: Very high-hitting, powerful weapon, with a special that hits many oppponents around you makes for cool pics and good strength training.

Why not: THe most expensive dragon weapon, it is quite slow and stops shield use, so, like the halberd, is not recommended as only weapon.

Dragon Scimitar 100k dschimmydc8.png Quests: Monkey Madness

Why: Hits faster, but slightly weaker than dragon longsword, this is a more refined version, which is excellent for PKing.

Why not: Poor special, which really has little effect.

Granite Maul 80-100k gmaulib6.png 50 attack 50 strength needed

Why: High hits, special perfect for getting in that killing blow, just before the enemy.

Why not: So very slow. You can fall asleep waiting for your character to swing this. A dragon dagger can get in 2 and a half hits in the time it take for this to hit. Also two-handed, so no shield!

Obsidian Maul (Tzhaar-Ket-Om) 100-120k 60 strength needed

Why: High hits, cool looking swing.

Why not: Slow, two handed, no special, expensive.

Abyssal Whip 2.5-2.9 mill awhipfh5.png 70 attack needed.

Why: Fast as a dagger, stronger than granite maul, what more can you want?

Why not: Very expensive. The special isn't much, and doesn't affect NPCs.

Dragon Axe Cost:2 mill daxevt4.png

Why: Quite Fast.

Why not: Weak, terrible special, low hit rate. Designed for woodcutting, NOT combat.

Torag's hammers Price: 200k

Why: Good crush attack, cheap.

Why not: Need repairing, are two-handed, and are slow.

Guthan's Spear Price:6 mill

Why: Strong, can do all different kinds of attack.

Why Not: Expensive, quite weak, and needs repairs. Best used with Guthan's armour.

Dharok's Greataxe Price: 1.8 mill.

Why: VERY strong, looks great.

Why not: Slow, needs repairs.

{Verac Later}

Please post what you think, what I should add, and please don't flame or add unconstructive critisism.

Thanks to:

Freesia

Darkmage009

The_Socc_Masta

P.S. Guthix is my lord

And 200 mogres later, I got some flippers.

akor+shardax.png

Not a bad guide overall just a little obvious. I mean some may use this guide but most already know. Maybe if you could add on like take screenies of each weapon and post their stats (like +2 crush ect.)

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Not sure...but shouldnt this just be an add-on to Dr00lman's guide to equipable items. You have just added a bit more. Theres guides on how to post pictures. You should consider adding pictures because it will make your guide like 100x better.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

theres a guide on uploading pictures somewhere, ill go hunt it down

Edit: here it is

How-To Guide: Posting an Image

1. Capture the screenshot to your clipboard:

• -> Mac OS -> press [Ctrl]+[shift]+[Apple Key]+[3].

-> Windows -> Press [Print screen] to capture the entire Desktop or [Alt]+[Print Screen] to capture the active window.

2. Open a graphics program such as MS Paint, Paint.NET or IrfanView.

3. Paste the image.

4. Crop/resize the image to the smallest portion you need to post.

5. Save it as an image file to your hard drive.

6. Upload your file to an imaging host. Free hosts include:

ImageShack

* IMGSpot

* PhotoBucket

* VillagePhotos

* WeblogImages

7. Copy the link generated by the host site.

8. Paste the link into your post content with img tags surrounding it like this:

[img=http://www.imagehostiused.com/mypicture.jpg]

9. Preview your post to ensure the image appears properly.

10. Submit your post.

--------------------------------

Note: Forum Signature Limits are 450 pixels wide by 175 pixels high by 30Kb file size. Avatar limits are 80 pixels wide by 80 pixels high, by 6Kb file size.

Refer to the Forum Rules for additional guidelines.

Socc.png

Socc | 99 Magic | 95/99 Range | 99 Defence | 99 Hitpoints | 96/99 Summoning |Join SODB for some monster Slayin! |

Whip is not faster than Daggers...

Whips, Scimitars and Daggers all hit at the exactly the same rate.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

very good guide.except the whip really is worth paying for if you are not training strength.im a lvl 61 f2p with full rune and r2h. if i become a mem should i use the long?my stats:att 50 str 53 def 47 pray 37 hits 49. also where would u buy the dlong?

PM me for fitocracy invite

It would be really helpful if you posted the necessary quests needed to wield the weapon...

Lots of the weapons you mentioned need quests...

Long & dds - Lost City

Hally - Regicide

B axe & mace - Heroes Quest

Scimmy - Monkey Madness

NOTE: All of the above mentioned quests are found "hard" by tip.it.

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

very good guide.except the whip really is worth paying for if you are not training strength.im a lvl 61 f2p with full rune and r2h. if i become a mem should i use the long?my stats:att 50 str 53 def 47 pray 37 hits 49. also where would u buy the dlong?
when u complete lost city and find the lost city u can pay a cut daimond to buy the dlong for 100k from the lost city store or u could buy the d long from ppl for 100k the most popular price

It would be really helpful if you posted the necessary quests needed to wield the weapon...

Lots of the weapons you mentioned need quests...

Long & dds - Lost City

Hally - Regicide

B axe & mace - Heroes Quest

Scimmy - Monkey Madness

NOTE: All of the above mentioned quests are found "hard" by tip.it.

i know that they r all rated hard by tip.it but lost city is easeir then gertrudes cat!

when u complete lost city and find the lost city u can pay a cut daimond to buy the dlong for 100k from the lost city store or u could buy the d long from ppl for 100k the most popular price

Pay a cut diamond...? I do not understand man...

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

Pay a cut diamond...? I do not understand man...

Never been to the Zanaris shop eh? The shop that sells Dragon Daggers and Dragon Longswords is behind a gate which you must pay a cut diamond everytime you go in there.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

The dragon axe pic isn't coming up because you forgot the / at the start of img. So I got the picture.

daxevt4.png

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

what happened to flail ? :-k

and very well done on the guide :thumbsup:

Yea since your covering all weapons u should add barrows weps to the list. Here is what i think of barrows weps.

Torags hammers-

Pros- Look quite cool and are cheaper than other barrows weapons, also as fast as d long.

cons- they rarely hit and as with all barrows weps are 2 handed, also you have to repair it.

Veracs flail-

pros- Looks cool, more accurate than hammers and as fast as d long.

cons- Expensive, 2 handed and still quite innacurate, have to repair.

Guthans warspear-

pros- Looks cool, accurate, as fast as d long and hits same as flail.

cons- Way too expensive, you may as well buy all drag weps and a whip, not very high hitting and you have to repair.

Dharoks great axe-

pros- Highest hitting weapon in game, looks cool.

cons- Expensive, you have to repair and is slow.

The only weapon thats worth getting in my opionion is greataxe as all the others are worse than d scimmy.

Chris_2_8.png