Why is this familiar game named Runescape?

Chaos_Reborn

The name Runescape probalby means that in this world (scape) there are runes (rune). That becomes: rune+scape=Runescape. Why doing it harder than soo?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Run-escape

because u gotta run and escape before u get addicted and catch the disease!

but rune is just a made up word which Jagex came up with , and scape means world.

Rune is a real word meaning a type of medieval writing. The game is based in medieval times which explains Rune. And Scape as in Landscape meaning a piece of land. Explaining Scape. Anyone get that?

sodbbannercn2.png

It's because Bubsa is god and he got the choice to name it, so he called it Runescape, that is the only screw up I can think Bubsa has done :wall: , damn you he had the chance to name "The Game" anything he wanted, If I were him, I woulda called it Bubsaland

ur mom plays he he he lol rofl lmao

MY theory is that runescape is actualy the name of a seceret agency running this so called " RUNESCAPE" but the authors are secret agents using the name to confuse any would be criminals

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Run-escape

because u gotta run and escape before u get addicted and catch the disease!

but rune is just a made up word which Jagex came up with , and scape means world.

Not true actually. Rune is a word based in the Celtic lore I believe and it has been used for hundreds of years... :wall:

If you aren't a little bit depressed, you aren't paying attention to what's going on in the world--Get busy living or get busy dying.

Well the game is based on lots of rune things, with the landscape revolving around the power of runes. Anyway it's just a game name that Andrew thought of.

Thats probably the best explination

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

Erm. I'll bet that it was just a whim. Like my name. "Blipo" didn't hold any significance with me until I randomly came up with it. Andrew said, "Hey! RuneScape!" And Paul said "Hey, yeah!" And Constant said "No!" And Andrew and Paul said "Shut up, Constant!" And so we got RuneScape.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

Rune as in the runes to make spells and scape cuz because its used in the end of something. Netscape...uh.... #-o

umm, just to tell you, 'scape' isn't a suffix. Well, it is, but it isn't used just to end rune. Scape is a vast expanse of something.

And many people just call the game RunEscape just for a laugh. I started playing at the smae time as a friend of mine and we found run escape together. Everyone finds it and thinks it means something, but it is sort of just a coincidence.

(\,,/)

(0.o)

(><) always making new friends, pm me!

rsn: furryturtle1

well i think RuneScape Is named that becuase Andrew likes runes not the game runes but elder FuÃÆÃâÃâþark and what i was actually looking for when i came across the game Runescape i thought wicked a game about runes but it turned out to be not what i expected

Even No I am now kinda addicted to this game now which is not a bad thing in my opinion

sig0035gt.gif

me is better then anty at spam >> colorspamay4.th.png

the scape part is quiet simple there are many things like netscape, landscape, farscape...just means like a land mass or a place runes is just a made up item found only is this scape i guess lol and people just call it run-escape for a quick laugh :lol:

'Runes' aren't only found on this game, they have been mythical items for magicians spells for a loooooong time

no runes means ancient. liek a rune dictionary means an ancient dictionary. not some mythical magical thingy. yup. i agree with darkfreak94. thats my theory.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

The general consensus back then was that Rune stood for the Magical Stones(Impossible for it to mean Runite because back then Steel\Mith was the best armour), and that Scape stood for Land.

Therefore Magical Land.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

serintch oquuondek quioliant

no thats not random giberish,its actually a special language that only i spek.that meant something along the line of:

it's probably called runescape cuz it sounds cool...

i have way too much time

_____\.\---------------------\

====| |----------------------\

-------\.\------------------------\

rune = a cryptic writing, often celtic in origin.

scape = something to do with the land, maybe runescape together means a strange, new, cryptic land?

or maybe jagex just picked the name from a hat 8-)

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

Some dudes that I've seen even call the game run-escape :-k

my mom calls it that...yeah my mom plays :wall:

my dad calls it that aswell when he goes on about doing run-escape instead of homework

:uhh: weird - x files stuff that is :uhh:

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

orly8pv6jt4vmui1.gif