I just got hacked! Or did I?

Thunderhawkk

You seem to see alot of people claiming they were hacked. It makes me wonder: How many of these claims are actually true? I get the impression that these people just say this and then ask for free stuff.

I can understand if they were silly enough to use their rs password on other sites, but if not (eg: unique password, recovery questions set) then how would they get hacked?

If hackers could just break through that sort of protection then one would presume that top players would be prime targets for being hacked like Zezima or Novalyfe

Does this mean that those claiming they got hacked are either someone who use their rs password elsewhere or they are simply someone trying to weasel people into giving them free stuff?

PS (Apologies if there has been a topic on this already)

Lots of people DO take precautionary measures, so it's not like the hackers can pick and choose who they hack...if they could, yes Zezima and Novalyfe would bite it pretty quickly. Those that do get hacked are obviously running their PCs more insecurely. I'd say a vary large percentage of the "I got hacked" threads are true. But seeing someone in-game saying "I got hacked, fr33 st00f pl0x" is most definitely a lie. :D

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

My acount was violated in january.. I lost over 1.6 billion in items (in junes rare prices)

They took every rare i had.. I don't care... they took something more valuable......

Keep your account secure folks :)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Hmm I was in Edgeville earlier today when some lvl 111 came up to me and started asking me to give her my chain and so on.

She claimed she got hacked and showed me a bunch of random junk that was left of her bank.

Even though she had some pretty good money making skills (81 fishing, 79 wc and 50+ rc if I recall well) she preferred asking me for free stuff -.-

At first I thought she was joking but after 10 minutes it just started to become annoying <.<

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

My acount was violated in january.. I lost over 1.6 billion in items (in junes rare prices)

They took every rare i had.. I don't care... they took something more valuable......

You sound a bit too happy, :-s .

ANYWAYS.. I think half the people also lie about being back in the day from RSC, and claiming they "USED" to have a p-hat but "did something stupid" and lost the "p-hat".. :notalk:

back to rs, i guess. it's been 4 months.

RSN:P H Osho <- gonna start on him soon, fresh.

ANYWAYS.. I think half the people also lie about being back in the day from RSC, and claiming they "USED" to have a p-hat but "did something stupid" and lost the "p-hat".. :notalk:

i am happy.. not about being hacked.. but about being able to recover most of what ic ared about

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

My acc. was stolen 2 monthes ago. I've been playing with that account for over 5 years :D but my recovery questions hadn't been changes since 2002 #-o so it took me a couple weeks to get it back. I had no rares but my addy kite was replaced with a black sq. :roll: about 100k went missing and a couple of my stats were leveled up \:D/ it wasn't a big loss but I got lucky.

Rs name: bionicl00 (00 is 2 zeros)

F2P forever! All my F2P stats are currently at or above 30.

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

87.964% of all statistics are made up.

Yeah i agree with the first guy though half the people when they didnt so its hard to seperate the ones that did and didnt. :?

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

I like 'Phr33 5+00f pl0x" in jest. If anyone ever says it seriously, I will come to your house and shove a spade where the sun don't shine. =;

Phr33 5+00f pl0x

I believe 90% of these are fakes.

when you kill a noob..is there creme filling?

no one was truely "HACKED", they were keylogged

there totally 2 differnt things

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

hey hey hey! I had a yellow and staked it for 16.5k nats back in october of 2004(right before I was banned : D) But, most people do lie and my knowledge of these kinds things make me laugh at their idiotic posts and not only that it pisses me off when they're "hacked". -Insert Konane's nerdy voice- Wow, those guys must've been so 1337 hackers to hack Jagex's FREAKIN password database and randomly select their password.

And I love the people who tell me you cannot unset already set in recoveries, idiots.

Most of the people stupidly said/used their passwords on a site, like RuneScape chat...I did that once :wall: and lost a few hundred k of stuff. I worked and got it all back and more :thumbsup:

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Most noobs get hacked because they let their friends see them type their password, or they enter it in a fake clan site or w/e that keeps track of what password the users sign in with which amazingly, many noobs use their rs password. Also theres people who got keyloggers, but mostly I'd say noobs being stupid with their rs info and beggers.

Lagatag.png

P33 eMM G33EE!! I g0t h4xx0rd!!

Well I did actually like 5 months ago, All i was wearing was my santa, logged out, came back 40 minutes later and it was gone #-o

I don't really care though, It's just pixels...I play it for fun. Then construction came out and I'd rather have an UBER 1337 HOUSE than a rare. More chance of being haxxord pl0x? :roll:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!