Range&Prayer Training: Skogre/Zogre Coffin Guide

demonicpain

In case this might help at all, I used 1700 iron brutal arrows, which got my ranged to 68 (almost 69) from 67, and my prayer to 57 (almost 58) from 56, which I think is pretty good. You might want to put something in the guide about the amount of xp gained.

I might be able to help if you need it.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Coffins for Thieving. Pretty nifty rewards (could start Rum Deal after some rounds of these).

I've also found a great safespot! In the outer northeast corner, past a Skogre and a Zogre (I call him Urg), there are two coffins. Run past Urg and the Skogre and pass the two coffins. Because of some nifty glitch, Urg can't pass! Range him from behind the coffins and one step forward (not more, he can attack you then) and you won't suffer a scratch.

Another one northwest of there, through the small passage. The Skogre there can't enter the passage, so you're in another great safespot.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

nice guide and alternative methods.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

hey i just tried this guide and i get a message saying this bow looks pretty powerful your not sure either to use it or not and my character dosent equip it? =\ ive done zogre flesh eaters as well

V Good! 9/10!

A few notes: I'm pretty sure that the ranging guild sells brutals at 0 in stock.

I'm guessing that brutals are the only way of actually getting deacent hits against them?

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

8/10. Its overlooked, but it is because D bones+gilded alter is much faster.

Also

-

These monsters only drop 2 things, and it is every kill. They are skogre/zogre bones (22.5 exp each) and an ogre coffin key

-

Not true, bones are every drop, but NOT keys.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

might want to add that with 71 hunter and boxed imps they could bank the special bones for you, meaning you would virtually never have to leave (except to stock up on boxed imps and deposit non bone items)

this would prevent temptation to bury them on site and keep going aswell.

P.S - does crumble undead work?

~the plumber of pain~

~currently - training range (when i'm online)~

[heres my 99 mage vid!

summoning charm guide: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5641302#5641302

I didn't find them very rare at all. I have 27 fayrg, 23 raryg and 6 ourg bones in 2 hours...
a lil fyi.. that really isnt all that much.. now if u got 50+ of each then i would say cool.. in that amount of time i could get over 300 d bones and hides getiing 60kish or so prayer xp.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

8/10. Its overlooked, but it is because D bones+gilded alter is much faster.

Also

-

These monsters only drop 2 things, and it is every kill. They are skogre/zogre bones (22.5 exp each) and an ogre coffin key

-

but if you save up the special bones, faurg, raurg, and ourg bones (or whatever) are WAYYY faster than D bones on an alter

question: does anyone know if the salve amulet/salve amulet (e) works on these guys??

ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¢â¬Åber pl0xly guid3 dud3(love my leet don't ya :XD: )

well back to topic... GREAT GUIDE!

i am off to doing this as soon as i get done with these yew longs

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

demonicpain if you edit tip.it's zogre tomb map (link here) you could show the safespots.

It would look nice in the guide.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

burtals are anoying to get. other than that, good guide

i normally pick the coffins instead of using key

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Ooooh forgot about this thread again :P

Got GCSE's now so not on members, however I will give this guide a nice little makeover

when they are done and I am member again. So for now here's some replys, updates in a month and a half.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Kinslayer777 --- Any difference between Zogres and Skorge?

And anyway to avoid getting bashed by the army of them everytime you get your loot? I'm finding myself

at half inventory surrounded by 11. They dont hurt, but the disease is annoying :P. Tips or tricks :P?

A) No difference, except ones a skeleton, ones a zombie. And yes if your over 88 combat you should easily

be able to collect your loot with no problems - however any skogres/zogres you awake by burying bones will

be automatically aggresive and will give you a bashing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) jondea0 --- i would say good guide and ive used this place before so heres some tips:

-hallies are ok but bring armour and plenty of balms. d hally specs work good too

-crumble undead! i think this work but when i went to check it out i had no chaoses

-erm also if you have not put it in you can get like bronze iron or leather items from the coffins

A) I really don't advise hallying, mellee is to slow, britals much mor effective. Curmble undead is on my list

of things to try, will give it a go. I will make a proper list of everything I have got from the coffins also,

which includes leather bronze and iron.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3) luker2d2 --- demonicpain wrote:

I didn't find them very rare at all. I have 27 fayrg, 23 raryg and 6 ourg bones in 2 hours...

that dosent stop them from being rare. does it?

A) I never said they wern't rare my friend, I simply said I didn't find them rare, it is just completely random.

Simply stating that I got a nice amount in the time so it is possible to get a fair amount.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4) In case this might help at all, I used 1700 iron brutal arrows, which got my ranged to 68 (almost 69) from 67,

and my prayer to 57 (almost 58) from 56, which I think is pretty good. You might want to put something in the guide

about the amount of xp gained.

A) Thats a nice idea, I will go about making a table for how many you need to kill/bury for each level from 60-99.

Going to be a chore lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5) Lemurian --- I've also found a great safespot! In the outer northeast corner, past a Skogre and a Zogre (I call

him Urg), there are two coffins. Run past Urg and the Skogre and pass the two coffins. Because of some nifty glitch,

Urg can't pass! Range him from behind the coffins and one step forward (not more, he can attack you then) and you

won't suffer a scratch.

Another one northwest of there, through the small passage. The Skogre there can't enter the passage, so you're in

another great safespot.

A) I am going to get a nice little picture together of all the safespots without having to descend down the stairs,

thanks for the info.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6) tomato72 --- A few notes: I'm pretty sure that the ranging guild sells brutals at 0 in stock.

I'm guessing that brutals are the only way of actually getting deacent hits against them?

A) Yes the ranging guild sells with a stock of 0, but seems as nobody makes them, and those who do use them, nobody

ever sells them there so you have more chance of sprouting an extra pair of arms that are perfectly tuned to make

brutal arrows than finding brutals at the ranging guild :P

Also, yes, brutals are the only arrows/weapons that do significant damage so that they are wirth the time doing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7) pantim --- Also

-

These monsters only drop 2 things, and it is every kill. They are skogre/zogre bones (22.5 exp each) and an ogre

coffin key

-

A) I am 100% sure that the keys are dropped 100% of the time. Thats from killing a thousand or so, and on the tip.it

bestiary. What made you think they didn't?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8) mario_tpop --- might want to add that with 71 hunter and boxed imps they could bank the special bones for you,

meaning you would virtually never have to leave (except to stock up on boxed imps and deposit non bone items)

this would prevent temptation to bury them on site and keep going aswell.

A) Ah something to add in later on possibly. However to collect a nice number of keys and rewards imp boxes would probably

take up to much space. Still worth trying!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

9) Piman --- does anyone know if the salve amulet/salve amulet (e) works on these guys??

A) No, but thats something I am sure as hell gunna try!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

10) JoeDaStudd --- demonicpain if you edit tip.it's zogre tomb map (link here) you could show the safespots.

It would look nice in the guide.

A) That is a very nice idea, however I find the bit above the dungeon is the safest and most conveiniant place.

I suppose I could go down and try then label it up. Thanks!

11) Myweponsg00d --- Time to test the new ruby bracelet here...

A) It most certainly is! When i'm a member again that is!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If people do actually go down here, I would love to hear how many bones you get, arrows used, levels gained and anything

like that! It's nice to hear!

dem0nic+pain.png