Football!

Scars

John Gregory :P He took over after Colin Todd's short reign IIRC. Yeah, con artist sounds about right.

Mind you, extremely good manager in Billy Davies now. Players like Smith, Bisgaard the wizard, Lee Grant and Lupoli (on loan from Arsenal) make me think Derby can push for the play-offs :D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double -.-

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Hey don't knock Derby. I remember when Jim Smith so nearly got them into Europe. Baino, Mad head Carbonari, a young Malcolm Christie, and of course the legend of Branko Strupar!

Sup-par-par Stroo-par-par!

Ah Strupar, one of the very few talents trained in Belgium.

Ronaldo has been discovered by Belgian scouts as well, trained in Anderlecht before going to PSV and then Inter and Real.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I thought this was American Football :wink: Steelers play tonight... Going to be awsome.

Me too, I watched the Pats whoop some Cardinal butt with a 30-3 beating. Matt Leinart, bad as usual, glad to see that. And Matt Cassel, backup qb, did great!

Ah Strupar, one of the very few talents trained in Belgium.

Ronaldo has been discovered by Belgian scouts as well, trained in Anderlecht before going to PSV and then Inter and Real.

There are two Belgian kids at the moment, playing at Anderlecht, who will take the world by storm, I'm sure of it. Anthony Van Den Borre and Vincent Kompany (not as much) are only in their teens, but are being courted already by the big names.

Can't wait to see Chelsea Bashing Man City tonight! :D

:evil: (I'm a Man City fan btw)

I hate Steve Benett (the Ref) did you see the [bleep]ov booking the the Corradi sending off? That guys shouldnt even be reffing in the conference!

I think we played well and didnt let chelsea walk all over us even though we did lose 3-0, but its the first game of the season so i'm not to bothered.

:evil: (I'm a Man City fan btw)

I hate Steve Benett (the Ref) did you see the [bleep]ov booking the the Corradi sending off? That guys shouldnt even be reffing in the conference!

I think we played well and didnt let chelsea walk all over us even though we did lose 3-0, but its the first game of the season so i'm not to bothered.

It was the same with [bleep]ov while he was at Leivester ref's would do things like that because of his reputation. But then when it is a corner or free-kick defenders(like Carvaliho[sp]) are allways all over the attackers and nothing is ever done about it which really bugs me.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

make me think Derby can push for the play-offs :D

lmao, a lot of hopefuls and the dlf is wishing. i have no faith at the moment. i only go to pride park now when theres decent concerts on. ie bout a month ago red hot chili peppers :D but derbys still in major debt right? and the whole fact that there was (is?) a problem against the board

There are two Belgian kids at the moment, playing at Anderlecht, who will take the world by storm, I'm sure of it. Anthony Van Den Borre and Vincent Kompany (not as much) are only in their teens, but are being courted already by the big names.

:shock: You're obviously a true football fan Bubs. Barely anyone knows the difference between Belgium and Brussels, let alone that they know what football players we have.

But indeed, Van den Borre is a good player, as is Kompany. Kompany now plays in Germany, in Hamburg. He's playing on the spot where Daniel Van Buyten, the only good native Belgian player, plays.

heinzny2.jpg

Yeah, Pickering the chairman is still trying to make up for ex-chairman Maxwell's lack of investment. The move to Pride Park, the major wage flops of Taribo West and Ravanelli and of course relegation haven't helped at all. It's a mini-Leeds Utd capitulation when you think about it, which is very ironic considering the fierce rivallry.

Bring back Wanchope! He'll sort you out :D

:shock: You're obviously a true football fan Bubs. Barely anyone knows the difference between Belgium and Brussels, let alone that they know what football players we have.

But indeed, Van den Borre is a good player, as is Kompany. Kompany now plays in Germany, in Hamburg. He's playing on the spot where Daniel Van Buyten, the only good native Belgian player, plays.

Ah, I forgot his move to Hamburg. Van Buyten is a name which should be more familiar to those in the UK, due to his brief stint at Manchester City. Never really fulfilled his potential though, despite his prescence (he's 6ft 6 isn't he?).

Hehe, I'm quite good on the knowledge of my two main sports, football and rugby. I try and do a "Six degrees of Kevin Bacon" with facts, although trying to link players/clubs/landmarks to Liverpool FC in 6 steps or less :)

Yeah, Pickering the chairman is still trying to make up for ex-chairman Maxwell's lack of investment. The move to Pride Park, the major wage flops of Taribo West and Ravanelli and of course relegation haven't helped at all. It's a mini-Leeds Utd capitulation when you think about it, which is very ironic considering the fierce rivallry.

Bring back Wanchope! He'll sort you out :D

funny story, pickering got put in a old persons home and his familys in charge of his finances, my grandma used to get along with him kinda well when she was mayor 2 yrs ago :D i got into directors box. i watched wanchop play for ,um, was it costa rica four years ago a while after he left derby if my memory serves me right

Pleased with the United v Liverpool 1-1 :)

Definately wasn't a penalty, but at the time i thought it was so i forgive the ref. Liverpool were worth a goal anyway, altho i'd have been sick if they had gone on to win.

Decent start to the season from my POV. Was a crackign atmosphere on the day.

ill bet 5 bucks united's going to win this year! 8-)

You think? I'd be happy with us finishing just outside the relegation zone.

It's a mini-Leeds Utd capitulation when you think about it, which is very ironic considering the fierce rivallry.

Why would Derby and Leeds be rivals? :? I live close to Leeds and have never heard a Leeds fan talk about Derby with any sort of interest whatsoever.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Why would Derby and Leeds be rivals? :? I live close to Leeds and have never heard a Leeds fan talk about Derby with any sort of interest whatsoever.

your right, we bad rivals with forest. but that brings to another question: do nottingham have their own hooligans? i know derby have the morons "dlf" (derby lunatic fringe) or is it only wierd derby chavs?

There used to be quite a big rivalry during the 70s, when the two teams were considered the best in England.

your right, we bad rivals with forest. but that brings to another question: do nottingham have their own hooligans? i know derby have the morons "dlf" (derby lunatic fringe) or is it only wierd derby chavs?

Yes, nearly ever club in the country has its own firm of hooligans.

There used to be quite a big rivalry during the 70s, when the two teams were considered the best in England.

Ah ok, if you say so. I don't think it's carried over to the younger generations of fans much tho.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Any fan of Football Manager 2006 should know who those players are since they are in a group of young players that you always look to snap up early on in the game as they are reasonably cheap with good stats whilst being young, with lots of potential :P

So yeah I'd say millions of football fans would know of those players because of that game :wink:

sig2ho7.jpg

Haha, so it is. The Fifa series taught me more about football then TV and radio did together.

I had never heard about Beckham or Vieri before Fifa 98. :)

heinzny2.jpg

Kompany is no good on that game. His composure and physical stats don't cut it for me.

Isn't there an edit button? :P

heinzny2.jpg

no Idea what your talking about lol, I dont like football.

Well don't spam up this topic if you don't know about it then. Jeez.

Bubsa: How would you know about Kompany? I thought you were stuck on cm3 or something like that. :P

sig2ho7.jpg

Well, that's why I was sarcastic, 5 bucks doesn't show any confidence. But you're right, with the right attitude and with a good trainer, ManU might stand a fair chance.

5 bucks means a lot to me :lol:

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

Anyone know if the Arsenal game on Wednesday is on any channels other than ITV4? My freeview box is currently more useful as a paperweight so i'm hoping the game is being shown on terrestrial TV or i'm screwed.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.