barrows changed?

m4tty

i just did 1 run at barrows, i never used to notice the faces in the crypts and it seemed it used to drain 5, now 10 when pray drains randomly in the crypts, also ive never got anything but runes coins and boltracks before and i got a half key. anyone else think jagex mightve made barrows abit harder but made the rewards more common? going back for another few runs now.

for me always seemed to drain by 5 in crypts, 10 in tunnels. just then got double dharoks when sidestepping using the door to pray pot, killed one then ran to the chest, got karils leathertop \' first ever barrows drop, going back maybe i just have a good luck spree atm.

i can spend a few trips there and get something within a dozen trips. the longest dry run i had was maybe 20 trips tops :P

but i never kill anything, i run through it, spending maybe 10 to 15 mins per trip with a 6 kc everytime hehe

127 Combat

73 Construction

1913 Skill Total

The faces show up on high detail-scared the crap out of me when changing to high from low then doing a barrows trip and seeing ahrims head appear :lol: But your prayer drains when the faces show up, always has.

i know its always drained by afew points when faces come up, just seems to drain more now, but only the prayer draining at barrows, prayer seems to drain at the same speed as it used to anywhere else.

Drains 9 for me in crypts, by 12-14 in the tunnels.. But havn't noticed change in anything else really.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Barrows drains your prayer depending on how many brothers you've killed.

Killing 0 brothers - it drains 7

Killing 1 brother - it drains 8

Killing 2 brothers - it drains 9.

And so on....

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

And so on....

The thing is my highest drain is always in Dharok's tomb, which is my first stop. I always get a drain of 10 in there, most of the times twice. And the face doesn't even show up.

In all other tombs and in the tunnels I only get drained when the face shows up, but in Dharok's it seems to work different.

manytradesur7.png

Current goals: Going for 80 80 80.

Recent goals achieved: 70 70 70 done.

Major Achievement: Fire Cape at 79 combat.

Hey, My first post!

I've always said that in barrows, prayer drains according to your prayer bonus. I used to take full rune + magic dart, and i'd use up to 4 doses a barrows run! But Then I took monks robes, which lowered the amount i was drained by from 13 to 8. That was with prayer bonus 19. I now wear veracs top, veracs skirt, berserker helm, ring of life, strength amulet, magic dart, whip, ddp++, climbing boots, barrows gloves, and i use no prayer potions a run. My prayer drains by 9 everytime a face appears. I never really noticed how much my prayer drains in tunnels because I don't use prayer in the tunnels. =P I was suprised when I realised I can now kill karil without prayer =)

I've always thought it was down to your prayer bonus and / or level.

And as most people have done:

Barrow's items: Karil's leathertop (x2), Karil's leahterskirt, Dharok's legs (x2), Torag's platebody (x3), Dharok's platebody, Ahrim's robetop (x2), Ahrim's robeskirt, Verac's Helm, Karil's coif, Guthan's Chainskirt (x2), Guthan's warspear, Ahrim's staff.

Dragon items: None.

Other: LOTS OF HALF KEYS.

Longest dry run: 7 runs. xD

LA LA LA ^_^

And so on....

i think it's starting from 8, not 7.

aldo prayer drain happens slightly before face show up. therefore if you about to get face and climb out from crypt, you will get drain, but no face. sometimes it's very anoying.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

yea thats [bleep]ing redicoulous i just died against dharock because the faces sometimes decide not to show up i look at my prayer 12 left then finish him off with my last hit, SOME HOW i die when he doesn't even hit me. utter [cabbage]

whatever screw barrows

im back to merchanting i guess

skyeatsairplaneph1.jpg

m4tty, the faces show up on high detail at all times.

the only reason the faces do not seem to show up in dharok's crypt is because dharok's is usually the first stop for most people visiting the barrows, not because his crypt is "different." during the first brother the faces don't show up simply because the game hasn't loaded it yet. as for the half key, i just recently got one a few days ago, but i thought i had already read that you were able to get misc. rare items long before the prayer update.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

You can only get the faces of those you have killed (for exaple, you can't get karils face if you have only killed dharok) that's why the faces don't show on the first crypt.

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

I swear i see faces in the first crypt!!!!! Ill do a trip and edit this post.

And about the prayer drain thing, leesters is right. The more brothers you kill, the more prayer gets drained.

EDIT:

Further to this, please note that the more brothers you kill, the more you will be 'haunted'. As you continue to spend time in the tombs and crypts, you will see the ghostly faces of brothers that you have killed. When these appear, your prayer is drained by a considerable amount. Hence, the more Barrows Brothers that you have killed, the more faces will appear and the quicker your prayer will go to 0.

I swear i see faces in the first crypt!!!!! Ill do a trip and edit this post.

And about the prayer drain thing, leesters is right. The more brothers you kill, the more prayer gets drained.

EDIT:

Further to this, please note that the more brothers you kill, the more you will be 'haunted'. As you continue to spend time in the tombs and crypts, you will see the ghostly faces of brothers that you have killed. When these appear, your prayer is drained by a considerable amount. Hence, the more Barrows Brothers that you have killed, the more faces will appear and the quicker your prayer will go to 0.

EDIT 2: there are no faces in the first crypt :( :wall:

m4tty, the faces show up on high detail at all times.

the only reason the faces do not seem to show up in dharok's crypt is because dharok's is usually the first stop for most people visiting the barrows, not because his crypt is "different." during the first brother the faces don't show up simply because the game hasn't loaded it yet. as for the half key, i just recently got one a few days ago, but i thought i had already read that you were able to get misc. rare items long before the prayer update.

ehm it's not that the face isnt loaded yet it's because only the faces of the brothers u have killed show up.

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

The faces show up on high detail-scared the crap out of me when changing to high from low then doing a barrows trip and seeing ahrims head appear :lol:

i wet myself the first time i saw that too, i hardly never use high def :lol:

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft