Whip course is falling and falling

bravsein

hi!

I didnt play for a long time ago now, and then i login back again, looak into the forum and see that the whips only sell for 2.2-2.4 anymore! What do you think will happen? Will they sink and sink or get up again? Is this the first time that they became so cheap?

:shock:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they will sink, all Items after a while sink except For Rares such as Holiday Drops those aren't Obtainable anymore so thats why. Whips more and More people are Geting 85 slayer and thats the reason for them droping. as for Raising I highly Doubt they will unless some Nubs try to Over price it to raise it back to a good price.

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

hi!

I didnt play for a long time ago now, and then i login back again, looak into the forum and see that the whips only sell for 2.2-2.4 anymore! What do you think will happen? Will they sink and sink or get up again? Is this the first time that they became so cheap?

:shock:

whips go down in price because of so many drops if they just made the drops for whips alot rarer than the prices would go back up, there are too many whips in the economy so there is competition for the sellers so they keep lowering there price therefore low prices on whips ::'

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

goodbye Piman1053 Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:05 pm

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

Its nothing to do with more people getting slayer in my opinion, i rarely get whip drops anymore. The main cause for this drop of price was a few people saying they were going to go down. People believed them and spread it around more, then suddenly everyone was rushing to sell whips, this caused the market to crash a few hundred thousand, and then it stopped again. Hopefully they will return to 2.5 mil, as that is a resonable price for how good they are, and i have no problem paying that for it and nor does anyone else i know.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

As the Jagex Mods have said countless times,

The prices fall because the almighty Zamorak has ruled the squirrel kingdom which has changed the spirit of many players, and when the players can't eat squirell tail they go crazy, and the almighty Zamorak drops the prices of the materials made by the squirell workers and they're kingdom under Zamorak. ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

::'

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Its nothing to do with more people getting slayer in my opinion, i rarely get whip drops anymore. The main cause for this drop of price was a few people saying they were going to go down. People believed them and spread it around more, then suddenly everyone was rushing to sell whips, this caused the market to crash a few hundred thousand, and then it stopped again. Hopefully they will return to 2.5 mil, as that is a resonable price for how good they are, and i have no problem paying that for it and nor does anyone else i know.

Mystical.

well its not you if you add all the people who get whip drops you'll have a ton of whips going into the economy and since they wana sell there whips they sell them for just a little bit lower than everyone else then the next guy will do the same ect.

thats my thory :roll:

freakyyq8.png

lucky barrower-dh legs,veracs skirt,karil skirt, karils top (x3), dh pl8,karils coif,half key(x2), x-bow, ahrims robetop

326death326 is banned~~~EVERYONE ADD MY NEW MAIN "Y0uknowwho" (first o is a zero)

yeah and with wild pies more people can get them

my friend (83 slay) has gotten two whip drops

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

To be honest, I think the whips went down because of the Dragon Woodcutting Axe frenzy, just like they did when the D2H came out. When the price of Dragon WC Axes drop, the whips will rebound back up a little bit.

Now yes, the D2H frenzy was much shorter, but that was because the weapon was useless. The Dragon Axe is not, and thus the frenzy is lasting much longer.

Then again, I've never merched in my life (other than a few p pots to train herby), so who cares what I think? -.-

70herby.png

You say that loads of people are selling when they get the drop, but i visited world 2 and the forums a few days ago. And all i could see selling whips were merchanters without 85 slayer, with little to no buyers, due to the overcrowding of merchants trying to sell whips because they had heard the prices were falling. Since then the price has pretty much stayed close to 2.3.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

You say that loads of people are selling when they get the drop, but i visited world 2 and the forums a few days ago. And all i could see selling whips were merchanters without 85 slayer, with little to no buyers, due to the overcrowding of merchants trying to sell whips because they had heard the prices were falling. Since then the price has pretty much stayed close to 2.3.

Mystical.

thats sorta what i said, there is competition to sell whips

and i also think that the d wc axe has to do with it some

freakyyq8.png

Mystical.

YOU not getting whip drops has nothing to do with it. The rate of whips being generated into the economy is based solely on the number of abyssal demons being killed- more people get that 85 slayer everyday, or more people are spending time at the abbys, so more demons are getting killed, generating more whips.

In this case, an increase in supply leads to a drop in prices.

How very mystical. Or basic economics. Whatever.

Btw, your subjective decision that 2.5 is a good price is well, subjective. You might want to ask those who want a whip what they think is reasonable.

I never said that me getting drops alone affected the price, i JUST STATED that i rarely get whip drops anymore. Plus you can ask someone who wants a whip, but then they would just say some stupidly low price, so that they wouldn't have to work for it. All of the lower leveled people i am friends with level 70-90 are happy with the price, as it gives them something to aim for.

Mystical.

Mystical+Jin.png

Mystical.

YOU not getting whip drops has nothing to do with it. The rate of whips being generated into the economy is based solely on the number of abyssal demons being killed- more people get that 85 slayer everyday, or more people are spending time at the abbys, so more demons are getting killed, generating more whips.

In this case, an increase in supply leads to a drop in prices.

How very mystical. Or basic economics. Whatever.

Btw, your subjective decision that 2.5 is a good price is well, subjective. You might want to ask those who want a whip what they think is reasonable.

finally someone thinks the same way i do \' :pray:

props to your for explaining better what i couldnt! ::'

+1

freakyyq8.png

Mystical.

You're almost right, except for 1 thing; no one said they were going to drop in price. There are just too many merchanters compared to the amount of buyers; the dragon woodcutting axe only speeded the process up because the non-merchanters wanted to sell their whips too.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Jagex shoould make it so that we can enchant whips and make them do special damage against certain types on monsters, a la Castlevania. :)

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

yeah and with wild pies more people can get them

my friend (83 slay) has gotten two whip drops

I'm 82 slayer and have had 12 =P

Someone was at demons earlier saying that they have gone as low as 1.9M and that people should not sell for any less than 2.5M, was tempted to report her for Price manipulation...

They'll sink unless they change its special

Very good suggestion

but of course since more ppl are getting 85 slayer more whips =everyone having them=less deamand=low price, i imagein it hitting 1m in around 2 months

randomkcopyq.png

Hopefully they will return to 2.5 mil, as that is a resonable price for how good they are, and i have no problem paying that for it and nor does anyone else i know.

Mystical.

People were saying it was a reasonable price at 12mill, they were saying that is was a reasonable price at 10m, at 8mill, at 5mill and at 2.5m. They will learn to say its a reasonable price at 2.3, at 2m, at 1.5 and lower then that.

Ive made plenty of money from whips (and still am) so I'm not gunna complain much. If it drops below 1.5m then we'll have some issues.

I spent alot of time getting my slayer level and I feel me and anyone else who got 85 slaye deserves the money. If you think differently they get 85 slayer :roll:

(right as I posted this I got another whip lol 85 whip drops FTW!)

my opinion is that whips will never drop below 1 mil as ther are such a useful wepon fastest mellee wepon hardest average hit to speed and it is the wepon of choice in pking so i dont expect it to drop too fast but it will

sig31nv.jpg

sigpart25pc.jpg

^not me