Which games would you like to play with yer fellow tipiters?

apinagez

Counterstrike is fine. O:)

Or we could try Unreal Tournament 2004 too.

Theres a free multiplayer demo that anyone can download so we can play together. ::'

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Counterstrike is fine. O:)

Or we could try Unreal Tournament 2004 too.

Theres a free multiplayer demo that anyone can download so we can play together. ::'

There is now? I CHALLENGE YOU FOOL!

iSketch is awesome, but I need to find away to install the stupid plug-in. <.<

knkcopy.jpg

Age of empires ftw. As long as we're talking about Aoe2 the conquerors expansion. I could never get into the others dunno why. I'm a bit rusty but I wouldn't mind playing some tipiters :)

Me too, I have AoE I, AoE II and the Conquerors, Mythology and AoE III. I think the only one of them I played more than 20 hours is II (+conq of course) which I most likely played over a thousand times. I had it as soon as it came out, and ever since then I played it nearly daily, in search of perfection ::' Stopped playing it 2 years ago since I went to college then, but I do play it from time to time still.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Yeah i'm similar to you, when I first saw mythology and aoe 3 I thought "wow sweet graphics". But I could never get into it, it just didn't feel right or something lol. I just carried on playing the conquerors. I havent played for probably a year or so now but I occasionally play with my friends, when I get bored of the cpu's that is.

When you say perfection what do you mean, do you try and build a strong economy or create the perfect unstoppable army. I've never achieved either, though I do like my city to look nice not build the houses slap bang next to eachother lol! The villagers need a view don't they :3>

Any other tipiters that play aoe :?:

Anyone have Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour?

Other than that, I'd be up for a game of online chess with anybody. :)

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

There's another cool game on steam (Halflife mod main server) called Natural Selection. It's really fun; has anyone tried it?

When you are learning, you are growing. If you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, you die. Train hard, eat fried chicken, and take a one-a-day. (And cook that broccoli 'til it's yella and pour cheese all over it)

slowmethusel.png

Yeah i'm similar to you, when I first saw mythology and aoe 3 I thought "wow sweet graphics". But I could never get into it, it just didn't feel right or something lol. I just carried on playing the conquerors. I havent played for probably a year or so now but I occasionally play with my friends, when I get bored of the cpu's that is.

When you say perfection what do you mean, do you try and build a strong economy or create the perfect unstoppable army. I've never achieved either, though I do like my city to look nice not build the houses slap bang next to eachother lol! The villagers need a view don't they :3>

Any other tipiters that play aoe :?:

Well, perfection in the economy of AoE is failry easy, the only difficult thing is getting there faster than anyone else does. That's what I tried to achieve. With a minimum of resources (how much is it in a random game? 200 food and some wood?) I can get my town centre t work 100% of the time, which is the most important thing to a fast economy. Also, your villagers can never be out of (useful) work, obviously.

As soon as you've accomplished getting around 20-35 villagers, fuedal age lurks. Then I always create 2 markets, somewhere protected, yet as far as possible (more gold per minute a cart travels) from allied markets. They create a total of 30-40 trade carts, which will steadily supply me of as much gold as I can ever use. Just make sure your route can't easily be routed (ironic, isn't it?). Meanwhile, in the catle age I have about 5 stables constantly creating knights, who attack players in groups of 10-40 every couple of minutes from all sides. The enemy is normally so busy trying to keep those knights away that I have pkenty of time to evolve further, get the relics, build a final army and fortresses (I love castles and bombard towers, so I always have dozens of them scaterred over my city).

As soon as a regiment of knights meet a castle of the enemy, I of course retreat them elsewhere, aiming for the villagers and archers. And the stream of knights keeps going, until all of a sudden an army of 15 trebs and 80 pallys (or mamelukes, or elephants, or mangudais...) and a bunch of monks and onagers wipes away everything in its way.

I do risk a lot then, because a counterattack might be fatal, but for my line of castles and towers, of which I normally have 15-25 by then. I then have the time to cease attacking and defend my city which is so stuffed with castles that it'll take 10 minutes to just take out half of them ::'

The only problem occurs when many people attack me of course. I'm a human being, so I can only truly focus on one side of the city. If 3 big armies attack me on different locations, I'm toast.

But I have played against many people, I've never lost so far. Even when my main city perished, I just flee with all of the villagers I have left to the fortresses of allies and other uninhabited territories and start building a new economy with cheap units like pikemen and skirmies :)

Oh, one more very important note: when I go in for the kill, with my entire army, I always have a few monks with me that heal any severely damaged units. If my band of cavalry charge, the castles and towers can cause serious havoc, so you must retreat to you monks/trebs/reserve troups as soon as a fair amoun of them are half dead, so you can just heal, get ready to take ou castles with trebs, charge again and finish the job.

I don't mind losing knights in the first few attacks, since they more or less just plunder, but my final army rarely loses many units. I just don't like my poor men dying ;)

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Wow Oy I see what you mean by perfection you have it all planned out man. I find it hard to get a decent military and economy going before I get completely rushed by the enemy (I usually play on hardest). What I tend to do is build a large army at the beginning and try and defend the constant swarm of enemy units charging at me withing the first 10-15 minutes of the game. If I survive and defend my settlement sucessfully I build lots of villagers to help me get lots of resources and ultimately the best possible army my civ can have. Oh btw what is your favourite civ? I like the byzantines, turks sometimes Britains. I can't stand the Aztecs though :x

When I have my favoruite civs I use bombard cannons and trebs to demolish key buildings like bombard towers and castles. Then I send in my Elite cataphracts and Paladin to enter the enemies base and basically trash it :lol: . Killing villagers and houses etc while using monks and trebs etc at the back to help. It usually works with the cpu but they are often very predictable while humans are not :wink:. I don't know how many games you've played but my record isn't as good as yours, a paticular friend of mine is very good at the game and I have only beaten him once but I had an ally while he was alone. :uhh:

Anyway thanks for telling me your game strategy, i'll log that away . Oh wait... I did the same :wink:

I tried Natural Selection ages ago when it was mentioned in PCZone -- it was a really good idea... but at the time, not well implemented. Probably got that sorted out by now, though.

You should try Tremulous. Like Natural Selection it's based on Gloom and it's one of my favorite games. It's also free and works on Windows, Mac, and UNIX.

Guest TaDaraCampbell

i was trying out isketch... and i have a question, why does it keep randomly closing, i was still drawing when ... well, it went away, the whole window was gone. :evil:

oh, and where can i get poker lessons (any good site that teaches how to play lol) :wink:

EMPIRE EARTH (II) That's a really cool game. It compares to AOEII, but instead of limited epochs and ages (i believe it's four...Idk I used to have it), Empire Earth has 15 epochs ranging from the prehistoric ages all the way through futuristic ages (nano age).

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• 3 weeks later...

Woah sweet I never saw this thread. I was actually getting ready to ask someone about making a sticky for a thread like this, so yay for this thread!

http://games.atari.com/playgames/home.jsp

My personal favorite on that website is Monopoly. Very fun, though no where close to as good as the real game, but it's the best online monopoly (and only) I've seen =D.

Maybe under every game you could make a list of people's usernames for that game so everyone can add eachother to their friend's list?

Also, maybe we should get an IRC channel if we don't already so we can see if anyone wants to play a certain game, instead of logging on and waiting for someone else to log on.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.