Tip.It Times Presents: Happy Birthday to Us!

Kiara_Kat

Hmmm, very nice article and Happy Birthday to Tip.It Times.

This is who I think it is: Kiara (most likely), Eeeeediot (not likely), someone said Lighting?, Leesters (not likely), Alduron, Albosky, or Misterxman (all possible), Bubsa (DEFINATELY NOT, does he even play Runescape anymore?), :-w . This is all I can think of right now.

So far, I think it's Kiara, and I dont care what she says :notalk:

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, a whole year already...

anyways, how do you become a guest author to write a piece for the tipit times?

Write a piece about the same length and submit it to the Editor.

Oh. Wait. The Editor's identity is known only to the Admins. Hmmm... Try sending it to an Admin (or Kiara Kat) and see what they say.

After all what's the worst they can do -- Publish is so Bubsa can criticize it :mrgreen:

hugh_mannity.png

anyways, how do you become a guest author to write a piece for the tipit times?

Information is available here:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=319347

So far, I think it's Kiara, and I dont care what she says

Think what you like, but it isn't me. Do you honestly think I'd have the time to write an article each week, PLUS lead the Crew and be an Admin? Wow, you must think I'm superwoman! Thanks for the compliment, but trust me, it isn't me.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Nice retrospect. Didn't know we passed the year already - but I do now. :)

Hmm, next week it is a year ago I published my first calculations on the total gp ingame. :o

Get to work then! *shakes abbysal whip ominously* It's more than time for an update and your columns on the economy are most excellent analyses.

Incidently, I thought of you and your analyses when I read this: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/villacampa1.html it's a fairly high-level look at the economy of WoW posted on a political/economics site. This is a highly visible site, yet this guy's analysis doesn't come close to the depth of insight in your articles.

(FWIW, I'm a great believer in the Austrian school of economic thought and a strong proponent of the free market.)

hugh_mannity.png

A consolidation / roundup piece, but that's about it.

In a presentation, common advice is "tell them what you're going to tell them, then tell them, then tell them what youv'e told them".

This was "tell them what you've told them, then tell them what you're going to tell them".

PS. I looked back on a saved copy of "Biased Banning raises Brows", and maybe it did dig rather too negatively in some respects but a lot of the points raised are as true now as they were then, with Jagex applying their rules with little consistency and excessive faith in automated procedures, giving little credence to any mitigation or counter-arguments.

While Jagex are enviable java programmers, how many programmers do you know that are good "people persons"?

Hm, I suppose the pressure of writing something new is there now. :P

Incidently, I thought of you and your analyses when I read this: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/villacampa1.html it's a fairly high-level look at the economy of WoW posted on a political/economics site. This is a highly visible site, yet this guy's analysis doesn't come close to the depth of insight in your articles.

That article seems to be intended a bit more as an introduction to MMOG economics for people who have little or no experience with MMOG's too though, and he does a reasonable job at that. :)

(FWIW, I'm a great believer in the Austrian school of economic thought and a strong proponent of the free market.)

:thumbsup:

A year ago, I read the first Tip.It Times article. My first impressions:

"Geez, what an old feature."

"Who the heck is this editor?"

"I guess they've done well keeping it up this long."

"And I was expecting this to die after a week!"

"Hey, this is getting kind of cool...!"

"Woah, I like it!"

"Biased banning? Get outta here."

"Back to the good articles! Woot!"

So, after those mixed first impressions, I began to read the times every week. So far, i've read every single article that the editor has written, and one year ago, I never dreamed it'd go this far!

Great job, Tip.It!

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

very good read for once. a nice change from the bloggings, and a hint at some new, more insightful articles to come.

i thank you Mr./Ms./Mrs. Editor!

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

A year you say? I thought it had been there for ages lol, I found tip.it on the net half a year ago I think. My comments though, ive read some really exciting issues from time to time... IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôd write something sometime, just done have any inspiration #-o.

Come to think of it, no i wouldnt :twisted:.

Drokles.gif

Drokles.png

I'll get there!

... eventually

This is who I think it is: Kiara (most likely), Eeeeediot (not likely), someone said Lighting?, Leesters (not likely), Alduron, Albosky, or Misterxman (all possible), Bubsa (DEFINATELY NOT, does he even play Runescape anymore?), :-w . This is all I can think of right now.

I can guarantee you it's not Kiara Kat. With a pseudonym like that you could never possibly guess unless you already knew or had a previous writing style to base it off of.

However one admin told me that it's not who you expect. Get pondering.

Happy Birthday, Tip.It Times! I often enjoy reading these articles, because they are generally written by somebody who is educated and understands how the economy, supply and demand, etc. work. Trust me, that articles are much better than dealing with some of the dopes I talk to in Runescape. Once I was selling white armor (My rank is Master) and some guy told me that it wasn't fair for me to sell the armor for more than it costs me to buy it from Sir Vyvin. Yes, I know, that was a very stupid thing for him to say. Thanks for bringing some sanity back to Runescape!

apexwind.png

Nice easy article to write :)

The editor is Kiara Kat, if you couldn't figure that out then atleast you know now.

Try again.

can someone please give me SOME idea of what the article that got banned was about? I really wanna know!!!

Sorry, but no. All I can tell you is that it was an editorial commentary on some bans Jagex implemented. Here's the discussion topic:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=419655

That's all I can give you.

This would be a bad time for me to let people know I still have a copy of that article, eh?

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

I can guarantee you it's not Kiara Kat. With a pseudonym like that you could never possibly guess unless you already knew or had a previous writing style to base it off of.

However one admin told me that it's not who you expect. Get pondering.

to further the torture, perhaps there has been more than 1 editor in this last year... My guess would be at least 3 ;)

tipitcrewex8.jpg

This would be a bad time for me to let people know I still have a copy of that article, eh?

Seeing as you've done just that, I find this comment to be kind of irritating. Do not post that article anywhere on these forums. It will be removed and disciplinary measures may be taken.

I don't find that comment to be in the least bit funny, if that's what you were aiming for.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Seeing as you've done just that, I find this comment to be kind of irritating. Do not post that article anywhere on these forums. It will be removed and disciplinary measures may be taken.

I don't find that comment to be in the least bit funny, if that's what you were aiming for.

Lol, relax :P The guide wasn't all bad.

tipitsignatureuq0.gif

Lol, relax :P The guide wasn't all bad.

Maybe we need to edit out the bad parts of that article and repost?

(JUST KIDDING)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

lol I was only teasing. You of all people should know that by now. It's not something I would intend to share on these boards (or elsewhere), out of respect of the admins' decision to remove it.

tipitcrewex8.jpg