Tip.It Times Presents: Biased Banning Raises Brows

oddfaery2

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Biased Banning Raises Brows

The Editor

Recently Jagex has been cracking the whip on rule-breakers who ruin the game for legitimate players. Apparently they are going by the policy: you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. There have been several reported cases of...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oddfaery if you wrote this.. im Readint it!!!

u #1!!!

I post this thread every week. It's part of my job on Crew. Doesn't mean I'm the author lol.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Whoever wrote this should be a lawyer...

All I can say is that it is a great article.

I agree with most of what you say, especially the name parts and people using the same router and many other parts to the article.

Well thought, Good writing. I agree fully in what you are speaking of, though some understanding has to be given to Jagex, they are afterall a company interested in making profit.

I AM CRED

Personally I follow the rules of the game. However, if there's one rule I disagree with, it's the rule against drop-trading.

Honestly, it's win-win.

1. If I'm willing to buy another membership just to act as a "mule" for my main account, why wouldn't Jagex just take the money and let me do my thing? Frankly, they're missing out on that money because if that rule were dropped, setting up a 2nd member account is the first thing I'd do.

2. Right now, RS takes too much of my computer's memory for me to play two different avatars at the same time, so if I were to use a mule, I'd drop trade. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm willing to risk dropping my items/gp on the ground and hope I can log in with a 2nd account fast enough to beat anyone else to it, wouldn't that add an interesting dimension to the game? It would be sort of like the risk one takes when going into the wilderness.

How is multi-logging and drop-trading cheating? I'm asking sincerely because maybe I'm missing something.

Having said all the above, I will continue playing by Jagex's rules. If only because I just want to avoid being banned. :)

I like.

Very nice, keep it up tip.it!

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

What JaGaX does not realise is that even names that seem completely normal to them(English speakers) to others(Non-English speakers) they could be the greatest insult in their Culture.

We also have to accept that not everyone is equal(stated millions of times through f2p-p2p arguments(although I believe in Communism)) many players have started with a perfectly normal name but because of a change in culture over a year or so it have become incorrect such as B*****d.

Advertising is tricky because:

Saying tip it is not advertising

Saying if they know about tip it is not advertising

Saying that tip it would help them is advertising

JaGaX has said it would give the chance for people to advertise their websites(since I first logged in 3 years ago) but like houses little has been done about this, despite them openly accepting that Tip It is a fan site by requesting It not to release its Mornings end 2 guide.

JaGeX is not bias but with over a million players it cannot get everything right. But how mant 'Doomsdays' will it take for Players to stop cheating.

Cheating is a part of every game, in itself winning a game is cheating because its a combination of buttons that leads to helping to finish the game. JaGeX accepts that it will never stop everyone. But these random sweepings on both Classic and Normal are uncalled for they have got alot of hard workers banned and force many into creating new accounts.

Many of the problems are not major: advertising multi-loggins(which is pointless as it just takes up time with out gain much ground) and having offenceive names is not something that is unsolvable. A macro is obvoiusly worse but JaGeX does little about that there have been no attack on them.

Like many organisations JaGeX likes to flex its power from time to time but when it comes down to it, they really have a 4 tier system:

Paying but Bannable- The actual workers

Paying and above the law- The leaders that would take their followers out

Free and Bannable- They dont pay so its not a problem

Mods- The foot soldiers of JaGeX, with out them blanket bans are the only anwser.

JaGeX is not Bias but it is not Unbiased either, they operate like many other organisation, the workers dont have power unless there is compertition. Runescape is there to make money and that is it, JaGeX bans those that could get them shut down or that is small enough that lots of people do it so it looks like they are working. Macroing does not effect their profiets and is not easy to find if it is good so they dont care too much.

Ok thats it pretty much

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

actually, i can relate to the mentioning of a site thing. it ACTUALLY caused me to lose a sure promotion to player moderator.

Two frineds of mine, one actually found out the password to the toher (they knew eachother). He ended up stealing the other guy's level 105 account. I tried to help the poor other guy (he was forced to use a levle 80 he had) by telling him *only* the clan name. I said "his clan is army of liberation i beleive, with invisionfree.

By saying that, he reported me! then went on to spam up the entire clan's page. I got baned for a whole week, with TWO blackmarks.

Apparently I advertised a website (did not!),

Also, i was apparently encouraging others to break the rules!

I got my account back on the sunday, and believe it or not, the next tuesday i was nominated for player moderator. I was actually going to get it, but then they saw i had not one, but 2 black marks, and only 2 days old. Thanks to that in-just act, jagex cast asside this worthy, loyal player. :( :( :( :(

78-85 slayer in 36 days. Achieved October 18th, 2006.

April 6th, 2007: best mate quits after a 2nd hacking... our shared blue, purple, white and green phats all gone

I am very concerned about the banning of names, based upon a persons "read" of the name. I do not want to be the subject of a beggar that I won't give the time of day to, but they generate enough negative feddback through friends and such, that I am banned for my name. Jagex should review all names and any new ones that are formed within a short time period and make an immediate decision as to its use in the game. If there is a problem in the first month of use, then let the person know before they have invested 100s of hours developing a character.

i hope jagex read this it pretty much sums up what i was thinking :) good article

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Totally get wut you all are talking about i use tip it all the time and me and my friend talk about it all the time. We both are probably going to get banned soon then! but my friend also shares an internet connection with her daughter and she gives her daughter stuff but wut is the harm in that.

I follow the rules as well as i can and it is very pathetic that jagex is doing this to all of these innocent players. whoever rote this article should send it to jagex (anomyously of course :lol: )

The easiest way to take care of Offensive Names and Offensive Language is the same way MOST online MMRPG's take care of it - not to allow Public Chat in any language other than the Primary Spoken Language of the location of the Server. If you want to speak to your Buddy in Farsi - then do it in Private Chat. Also, if your Gametag is offensive in the Primary Language of the location of the Server - Accept that it may be banned. There seems to be a LOT of energy spent on trying to work around the rules than trying to work within the rules.

I remember a guy posting about an account called 'reindeer poo' being banned for an inapropriate name

and yet...yesterday i saw a lvl 123 players called 'poo on toast'....stupid...

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs