Tip.It Times Presents: Biased Banning Raises Brows

oddfaery2

And anybody with half a semester of any Spanish class can tell you Limparse isn't offensive. And googling Limparse won't help in any way to find a good excuse. I just tried it. The only reason I recognize it is because the similarity to Spanish.

I've taken two years of Spanish and I can't recognize it. And, even if I could, I wouldn't immediately think, "Oh, because that's Portugese I should completely ignore the English meaning."

blurredsigla2.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got banned for saying the word msm...

i hate the jagex chat system so i ask friends just to talk to me on msn. also it seems like jagex bans people for just saying the word msm no matter how its used.

i haven't played for a long time and this was my week to have time to play so its kinda dissappointing.

jagex just seems to be focusing on members we free members wont get anything to new to often but that aint the worst...

free members cant get good customer support..

i mean it who's running the customer support? a 3 year old?!??!

other then that they should also block out ALOT more bad words im suprised that they dont want people to say the stuff but they didnt even filter it!

and of course there banning people for saying bad words because my friend was said to say a couple...

and to the advertising i think jagex should have it so you can say website addresses in the private chat but not in public so it would you can tell your friend a website but not the whole runescapian world

i think they should highly improve the report button and at least listen to people with a ban appeal they just ignore you..

so i also think they should get better customer support its like talking to a robot... god at least it aint speaking in binary (00100101101)

but they really gone out of hand...

Dr_Brinner.png

Guest Toshiba23

Every aspect of that paper is very well written and I agree with it. One of my friends made 3 accounts after getting banned from main. All were banned for bull reasons. "Unfair item obtaining", "Inappropriate name" Jagex is losing fans for their Rules.

I agree,

About a month ago when I was at dagganoths on a slayer assignment I saw a high level about combat 115 or so (cant remember) whos screename resembled douche bag, it looked almopst exactly alike I cant remember though exactly what it read but it was VERY similiar. I think he still plays today and I have to say wow becuase his is the worst I ever saw.

Sup

Very Well expressed.

A great example, would be my friend.

He recently obtained a a party hat from a friend, which he was allowed to merchant, to make some money. (A few 100K per merchant... you can make some decent money, right? Fair, Right?)

So, he merchanted himself all the way to a dragon chain, and merchanted those 2 items, all the way up to a red party hat. He returned the party hat to his friend, and then had his own red phat to merchant. Over the period of a month, he obtained a full party hat set (He had about no life, for a month... heh :P) So, he says to himself... "Wow.. I have a party hat set now.. I wanna keep it safe." So I told him he'd be welcome to store a few of the phats on a pure account I have, incase he gets password stolen. (His password changed by someone who guessed enough information to change it.) So, he gave me the purple and white partyhats, when I logged into my pure account, and I banked them. This way, if his main account got pass changed, he'd still have something to work with.

So, he finds a buyer for his party hat set, and tells me he needs the white and purple ones. I go to login, and the account has been banned for "Real world item trading."

A player worked hard to earn these things, and the account was just perm banned like that. No inquiries as to how it was obtained, just a perm ban. When I went to get it unbanned, I didn't get anywhere. Just a big fat N0.

Jagex needs to straighten up.. or they're losing my 5 bucks a month. :x

i know there just plain mean :evil:

like i said they just need to listen to ban appeals more instead of ignoring them..

well all the members could just do a boycott and ruin rs enough so they will straighten up..

Dr_Brinner.png

like i said they just need to listen to ban appeals more instead of ignoring them..

well all the members could just do a boycott and ruin rs enough so they will straighten up..

That would be great, but the tip.it community is just a fraction of all of runescape, and it would be VERY hard to make a lot of members boycott, but anyway, i would to it :twisted: !

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Actually, you're wrong.

Runetips currently has 107664 registered members. Let's go WAAAAAAY off, and say only half of those people play runescape. Thats still 50 thousand people. On a good day, rs has 140 thousand people. Thats more than a THIRD of all the people that play runescape.

If everyone on runetips wanted to get jagex's attention.. they could do it without even having to TRY. :wink:

The banning of people with inappropriate names is a joke.

I find the most ironic example of their blindsided bias is a certain runecrafter that is among the top 21. Take a look, its almost like this player was determined to be among the top 21 to advertise his/her name.

I say they should at least give the person with an ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅinappropriateÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

On 31st January 2006, you sent us the following:

I have recently networked both our computers to each other, and both computers connect to the internet through the one connection. Both I and my little brothers play RS at the same time. Both are logged as the same IP. Since we are different people, are we allowed to play at the same time and if so, can we still interact with each other?

Thanks in advance.

Then...

Subject: Re: Your Recent Support Query

Date: 31 Jan 2006 21:35

Dear Paddyj88,

Thank you for contacting RuneScape Customer Support.

We understand that many of our players may connect from the same internet connection as other players for various reasons. This is not a problem and they may play and interact as the normally would. We do not ban players without reason and have very advanced methods for detecting multiple logins.

Good Luck. :)

Yours Sincerely

Mod Tim T

RuneScape Customer Support

:roll: This is some crazy stuff. They better not do anything to me, because they were the ones who told me I could.

It's a darn shame that this is happening to so many people. I really hope Jagex smartens up and does something about it soon.

i agree, i let my older brother pay for my membership and he got mad at me and called his credit card company and told them i used his card without permmison and then his card company called jagex and told them then jagex banned me and now i owe 50 bucks when i did a ban appele they said dont let others pay for your membership and when i stated they have the option for letting a fmaily member pay for you they said notthing and when i asked if anyone who got mad can just call up and lie like that they told me to read the rules better.Also in rs fourms there was a post on a virus that can be loaded up to your comp wile you were in the trade window in rs and when i went to ask for more information so i can protect myslef jagex permently banned me from the rs fourms. so i think there majorly bias on alot of things.

Well ye, me and my bro use 2 dif computers, i don't let him play when i am on from fear of losing my account. sounds quite sad i know! but i am seriously #$+*%& !!!! banned my last account because it was a o 0 name (offensive), a day after they changed the font!! there is no point. It annoyed me soo much! i am going to let my bro on at same time, if we get banned i HATE Jagex in advanced :P Apart from making runescape! Thanks for this, made me take a break from fire giant slaying for a good read.

Thanks!

ozi-z (Y Dee Pee Y)

Perhaps you should read the article again...

This sounded like propaganda to me.

Because tip.it is a fan site, is it somehow above the rules of Rs? Jagex makes the rules to protect their users, so that they don't get people writing them messages about how they were hacked visiting sites mentioned by people. Didn't these forums have people stealing passwords through pictures posted? In the eyes of Jagex, I would assume that they view every site as a potential hazard and agree that any site mentioned should be a black markable offence.

The point is that people are getting banned for even saying the word, "tipit," when mentioning fansites IS ALLOWED as long as one is not actively advertising. So either Jagex needs to update their rules or stop banning people who aren't advertising.

The editor at the end writes, "I hope Jagex sees this." Does the editor wish Jagex to see this because of the names mentioned in the article? "Even high ranked players such as our beloved Droolman have suffered from this." Then goes on to state, "I myself could name at least fifty players who are level 110 combat or higher with indisputably offensive names... They do not get banned. " Although the points come from two different rule breaking points, they are one in the same. Because Droolman is a beloved member of this community, is he any better then the fifty 110 combat players with offensive names? I don't see how the ban could be called unjust, by letting him off scot free, you're stating that someone with a high standing in a fan based community is a rung above all the other players. You call jagex biased to long playing people and yet Droolman was banned?

What the heck are you talking about... You're comparing people who are banned for offensive names to somebody who was banned for trading with a family member. Droolman was not banned for an offensive name, so this whole paragraph is, no offense, pointless.

The Editor wants Jagex to see the article so they will stop banning players who trade with their family, and start being consistent with their banning people for offensive names. Two entirely different aspects.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

And anybody with half a semester of any Spanish class can tell you Limparse isn't offensive. And googling Limparse won't help in any way to find a good excuse. I just tried it. The only reason I recognize it is because the similarity to Spanish.

I've taken two years of Spanish and I can't recognize it. And, even if I could, I wouldn't immediately think, "Oh, because that's Portugese I should completely ignore the English meaning."

Two years of Spanish and Limparse doesn't bring Limpiarse to mind? No offense, but I'm glad I didn't have your teachers lol.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

honsetly i know now why andrew chose to hide his face in the pic they posted when they went paintballing cause he knows he's gonna get his butt whooped if any 1 other then his bro and friend know what he looks like for the dumb sheit they do to us.

hell yeh im with you on the boycott ! just pick a day when we all stop playing lol and then try to figure out how to tell every1 to start playing again when we win the boycott lmao

has this been posted on rs forums? they read their own forums.

Thanks

atcualy i did start something loik this

a moderator took it off and said something like

"anything talking off bands will be taken off"

he said some other imporrtant stuff like in the article but i cant remember wat else he said