Tip.It Times Presents: Biased Banning Raises Brows

oddfaery2

Especially if they have not spotted "offensive" names within a reasonable time, then it would be better if the player was offered a name change.

The other thing, I seem to be "looking over my shoulder" a lot, such as finding a surplus of steel plates (no, I DIDN'T put them there) with my main, and quickly switching to my steel guy to go and stock up on them (my main, of course, CAN make them).

Thinking ... "I hope this doesn't look suspicious".

It would be better in Jagex concentrated on coding, as while they are "java experts", that seems to be about the limit of their experience

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes me laugh, is they say there expanding there customer support, in auto replies, and i still get them saying were expanding 6 months down the line, and there staff list of Jagex Corp. Site hasn't og bigger, so how are they expanding?

And also i no someone who got a automated response on a BAN APPEAL!

You do need to see it from Jagex's perspective though.

Take the case of limparse. Even if someone at Jagex knew what it meant in Portugese, the majority of players wouldn't have. And that means that the name is offensive, even if not intentionally.

blurredsigla2.jpg

I hope Jagex sees this... I've been thinking about the same thing, and it's true, so many people are getting banned for the stupidest things...Look back two years, and no one was banned for their names...I remember somone named Butt (in place of a harsher word) and hole...I saw him multiple times while mining, and doing various skills, but...Guess what, he's prolly banned now...

Thanks Jagex.

EDIT: I just looked him up, hmm...not banned...Interesting.

When I first set up my wireless network at home, I sent an inquiry specifically asking "Will I and my mother get banned for playing together on a 1-ip network?" I got a reply that said we would be ok.

I've worked with, and on, the staff of various online games. I've rarely seen a staff so lacking in standardized protocol than Jagex. By the way, jagex, if you are trying to pull together a set of standards and practices, give me a message. I can help.

Finaly, it's like you could get banned on the forums just for breathing, I swear, pretty soon, the Forum Mods will lock and say something like this:

"You are not aloud to post ANYTHING on any of the forums at anytime, thank you for understanding." I mean Jeez, you can't say hardly anything without breaking a rule...

This article is so true

I myself am one of those unlucky players who got their * banned for nothing.

My account had 300 dats of member left, had a total of 1449 and was named AirlessWig.

I got a permanent ban for joking with a friend about dumb scammers...

After 2 years of playing, never even accepting free items you get banned for this.

While the real scammers just keep continuing...

That's just sad.

Very nice article, i fully support this

WOW I COMPLETELY SUPPORT THIS ARTICLE, just seeing this makes me so frusttrated that this is happening to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I WAS RECENTLY BLACK-MARKED for no reason at all!! i was typing in edgeville bank that i was buying prayer pots. A mod reported me for spamming the text box and autotyping!!!! all i was doing is tryin to buy prayer pots!!

It is completely unfair because i have been working so hard to become a moderator and now my chances are 99% SHOT! ALL BECAUSE OF MY INNOCENCE. Jagex really needs to look into cases like mine, because MODS are now getting away with reporting anybody for anything and them getting 'black-marked' or BANNED for their innocent actions! LIKE ME! JAGEX IS BIASED.I AM MAD!

STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW BY SENDING IN A COMPLAINT TO JAGEX!!!!!!!!

IF YOU SUPPORT THIS PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE......

STOP BIASED BANNING AND BLACK-MARKING BY SENDING IN A COMPLAINT!!!!

Great article. I have my own little thing to add to it as well. It also seems Jagex is biased against people who report abuses. I myself have made obscene words appear against many people. I'm sure at least one of them reported me. However I did not get a single warning from Jagex until about 7 months ago. I had just come back from an unsucessful PKing campaign (in other words I was in Lumbridge) when I saw several high lvl players, including the top ranked player, having a party because this top ranked player had just hit 99 crafting. I added several names to find out what was going on because I had no idea at that point. One of the names was a player mod(he had a silver helmet) and asked him. Flash forward a few months. He was still on my list. My friend had just passed me in total level. I opened my friends list to send him a hate message including the 'D-word' but sent it to the mod by mistake. I immediately deleted him but I did not worry about it. The next day, I opened the game and it my box said I had one unread message. I logged out and checked and of course it was a warning for offensive language. I knew who it was that had done it right away. Of course, I have watched my language since then, but this shows the fact that really and truly, Jagex only accepts reports from high levels and mods.

Great article. I have my own little thing to add to it as well. It also seems Jagex is biased against people who report abuses. I myself have made obscene words appear against many people. I'm sure at least one of them reported me. However I did not get a single warning from Jagex until about 7 months ago. I had just come back from an unsucessful PKing campaign (in other words I was in Lumbridge) when I saw several high lvl players, including the top ranked player, having a party because this top ranked player had just hit 99 crafting. I added several names to find out what was going on because I had no idea at that point. One of the names was a player mod(he had a silver helmet) and asked him. Flash forward a few months. He was still on my list. My friend had just passed me in total level. I opened my friends list to send him a hate message including the 'D-word' but sent it to the mod by mistake. I immediately deleted him but I did not worry about it. The next day, I opened the game and it my box said I had one unread message. I logged out and checked and of course it was a warning for offensive language. I knew who it was that had done it right away. Of course, I have watched my language since then, but this shows the fact that really and truly, Jagex only accepts reports from high levels and mods.

Exactly, Mods can get away with anything, and the player they report still gets banned or black marked even when they are innocent

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to tell you all that i got my account back, after 3 months of permanent ban. htey finally took a good look at the appeal, and decided they ban me for nothing.

Thanks anyway :-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

can some tipit member plz send this to jagex because i think they will listen to logic... or maybe not.. knowing jagex.. :x

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What we have to realize is that there are nearly 1 million players out there and jagex has put their trust into select players. As a mod I would be hard on anyone I didn't know, but if a friend [bleep]s up it would be a bad boy don't do it again or else.

There needs to be a system of checks and balances for mods. there should be an equal number of "judges" for mods to look at each (should be recomended banning) to see if the ban is correct or not.

Example: In my case I play with friends from other online games, real life, and my own sister. When I play with my sister I have our router use a mask (another IP client that masks our original IP for safty) but we are on the same network just the same. A mod could see that as I have 2 characters online at the same time. But if you look closly you will see we interact with eachother and do our own thing most of the time.

another example is I'm involved in a national sport called BELEGARTH. But can I mention it to a friend or some one I met?(in a responce to what do you do) No, because the national web site is just belegarth.com. Its like saying I can't say 'I play baseball' because there could be a site called baseball.com I could say the slang term(boffering) but unless you know what it is to begin with you'll ask 'what is boffering'. And what is more you can't tell the person 'meet me and this site so we can use the chat room there'

I understand that most of the rules are there to keep RS a safe fun place, but lighten up. In your rush to re-enforce the rules you are hurting innocent players.

Join PHATE (Party Hat Elimination) And help distroy all Phats in game!

What makes me laugh, is they say there expanding there customer support, in auto replies, and i still get them saying were expanding 6 months down the line, and there staff list of Jagex Corp. Site hasn't og bigger, so how are they expanding?

Got to remember that we see only what jagex wants us to see. They could be working on october's update right now and have all the other updates ready to go all the way to august but we won't see them until they publish them. So unless you are a stock holder or are some way in the jagex corp (other than consumer) how will we know if they hired anyone or 20 new people until they let us know.

Join PHATE (Party Hat Elimination) And help distroy all Phats in game!

Recently Jagex has been cracking the whip on rule-breakers who ruin the game for legitimate players. Apparently they are going by the policy: you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. There have been several reported cases of black marks or permanent bans for some of the most ridiculous reasons. Even when confronted with their misdeeds, Jagex has done little to recompense those players that they have made suffer. Furthermore, they have been very inconsistent with their processing, perhaps even biased against certain players, while overlooking others.

Do not take this the wrong way; I fully support Jagex in enforcing the rules of this game, but not at the expense of innocent players who mean no harm to others. Jagex needs to put themselves in the shoes of the players they wrongfully punish. Perhaps then they can accept their mistakes and take appropriate actions.

I will begin with my most general of three cases, namely the banning of players who simply mention fan sites such as Tip.It. Even vague references have resulted in players being muted, some even temporarily banned. This is just the smallest of the atrocities players have faced. The rule states:

You are not allowed to actively advertise in the RuneScape game or RuneScape forums. This includes advertising any website or product and no web addresses are allowed. Telling other players any web-address is not allowed.

This rule states clearly that we can not say website addresses within the game. Obviously people saying stuff like, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ågo look at Tip.ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

:o watch me get banned because my RSN has 'oreo' in it, and that's a FAR fetched link to a racial slur, when I intended my sn to be heo-reo.

Well written article, btw :3

Recently Jagex has been cracking the whip on rule-breakers who ruin the game for legitimate players. Apparently they are going by the policy: you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. There have been several reported cases of black marks or permanent bans for some of the most ridiculous reasons. Even when confronted with their misdeeds, Jagex has done little to recompense those players that they have made suffer. Furthermore, they have been very inconsistent with their processing, perhaps even biased against certain players, while overlooking others.

Do not take this the wrong way; I fully support Jagex in enforcing the rules of this game, but not at the expense of innocent players who mean no harm to others. Jagex needs to put themselves in the shoes of the players they wrongfully punish. Perhaps then they can accept their mistakes and take appropriate actions.

I will begin with my most general of three cases, namely the banning of players who simply mention fan sites such as Tip.It. Even vague references have resulted in players being muted, some even temporarily banned. This is just the smallest of the atrocities players have faced. The rule states:

You are not allowed to actively advertise in the RuneScape game or RuneScape forums. This includes advertising any website or product and no web addresses are allowed. Telling other players any web-address is not allowed.

This rule states clearly that we can not say website addresses within the game. Obviously people saying stuff like, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Ågo look at Tip.ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Ill start by saying my partner and I both play this game and we both love it. We only have one computer at the moment but my partner also plays while he's in work (naughty man lol). We were thinking of getting a second computer to, among other things, play runescape together as we thought this would make the game more fun to quest together etc. Now we are too worried about getting banned we won't even go onto the same world even if we log on at the same time. I am 41 and my partner is 51 so we by no means wish to cause offence or break any rules but i do think it is slightly unfair to not be able to interact as we are both members. Ps I'm also worried as i pay for both accounts as i wanted to give my partner a present. does this mean i will be banned for haing 2 accounts?

I still think drop trading should be allowed in the game because, some people like to make different accounts to try out different unique battle strategies, however, they cannot do this without a good money making skill, one of which will most likely be on their "Main account". I for one am beginning to make a pure account, but I am always afraid to transfer some items to fight with because Im always afraid to be banned and get caught. I do not think saving bank space is the case for these rulebreakers, I only see it as an alternative way to obtain money on lower level accounts without having to train that account on a money making skill. Jagex has really got to think harder and make Runescape go a little easier with the security.

Also, Ive seen so many offensive names such as: "Eat My Pubes1", "Sexy Girl1", "Terd Master1", numbers that show alot of meaning like "696969", also (censor) Crunch... All of these accounts were definately made before the new filters were created so therefore, people should not be banned with these names.