THE combat triangle - Comment or ill eat you

blacksimon

EDIT: NO UNDEADS, NO SLAYER MASK, NO SALVE AMMY in these calculations, if you need any proof that these hits are possible, please post, I have most maxes saved somewhere on my PC

So here comes another rant about the triangle you might think. This post will remain ALL facts and no opinion (out of me, at least)

The following will show us the maximum damage a player can do in a NPC enviroment

--------------------------

-NON BARROWS AIDED

(NO SPEC)

*rAnGeD

A ranger can do 60 Damage with a cannon and 25 with msb

That is 85 damage in 'one hit'

*AnCiEnT MaGe

An ancient mage can max out 30 over a 3*3 block

That is 270 damage

*NoRmAl MaGe

A normal mage can inflict 30 damage maximum

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 48 damage with a dragon halberd

-------------------------------

(Spec)

*rAnGeD

A ranger can do 60 Damage with a cannon and 50 with msb spec

That is 110 damage in 'one hit'

*AnCiEnT MaGe

That is 270 damage

*NoRmAl MaGe

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 32 damage in each square over 3*3 (D2H)

That is 288 damage in 1 spec

------------------------------------------

The following is BARROWS aided

(you notice barrows does not help with NPCs)

*rAnGeD

A ranger can do 60 Damage with a cannon and 25 with msb

That is 110 damage in 'one hit'

*AnCiEnT MaGe

That is 270 damage

*NoRmAl MaGe

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 32 damage in each square over 3*3 (D2H)

That is 288 damage in 1 spec

And now in a 1vs1 player enviroment

------------------------------------------------

NON BARROWS AIDED

(no spec)

*rAnGeD

A ranger will max a 31 potted and prayed with a crystal bow

*AnCiEnT MaGe

The ancient mage will max a 30

*NoRmAl MaGe

A normal mage can inflict 30 damage maximum aswell

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 48 damage with a dragon halberd or 44 (for jessy87) with a whip

-----------------------------------------------

(With spec)

*rAnGeD

A ranger can inflict 50 damage with a MSB spec

*AnCiEnT MaGe

An ancient mage can max out 30

*NoRmAl MaGe

A normal mage can inflict 30 damage

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 74 damage with a 37 37 DDP++ spec

BARROWS AIDED

*rAnGeD

*AnCiEnT MaGe

*NoRmAl MaGe

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 90 damage on a player with dharoks

Lets look at the facts

The following are MAXIMUM hits

---

ON NPCS

MELEE= 288

RANGED= 110

MAGE= 270

---

ON PLAYERS

MELEE= 90

RANGED= 50

MAGE= 30

Keep in mind im not talking about probability, this is assuming you hit your MAX, potted, prayed, 99 in the skill.

:XD: comments plocks?*

EDIT moved the melee max to 90 as that sounds a bit more possible

screenshot2931vt.png

and its the best pic i could find lawl

sigsn9.jpg

the following shows that a 37 is possible with a Dragon dagger

that is not 100% practical in the wilderness.

i will also review the things slightly better, i skimmed over it and saw a few flaws.

all my statements are based on what is "seemed" to be the most important aspect of the game which is player killing, i mean NPC's can not argue and say its unfair they got destroyed by a player. so ill try to be realistic in the wilderness

frogmite said 30 was possible like that, but 31 might be pushing it.

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 48 damage with a dragon halberd or 45 with a whip

uh the halbred might do that damage, but who pks with it? ok but training with it is reasonable. so alrite ill give you the hally being fine, but a 45 with a whip? where? lol i max hit 40s with my whip maybe 41 or 42 if i had a fire cape.

*MeLeE

not practicale, possible however. i've yet to high anything higher then a 35 with my dagger, and still my gear is not practical wilderness use. its the little things that make those #'s outrageous, and they are the berserker rings and fire capes, and reciepe gloves...not exactly cheap but i can see them being used in the wilderness.

ON PLAYERS

MELEE= 98

RANGED= 50

MAGE= 30

melee, unrealistic a bear(heres the keyword) could hit a 1 on a guy in dharok on the run to a player.

ranged, not often but very doable i agree.

mage, of cours this is possible, its some times hard but its obvious theirs a max damage limit for magic.

blacksimon, the ill eat you thing.. lol, but the topic does have some interesting things into and i appreciate the info, i never really max hit and the tip.it max hit calc is a lil off its always give or take 1 or 2 off the real max hit.

all in all good job.

I don't really see what you want us to comment on, if someone goes to dagannoths with cannon, they're hitting the most, the fastest, but they're not getting the full xp for what they hit because of cannon giving 1/2 exp. If someone is going to train with d2h, it's going to be extremely slow, and in reality, impossible. Dragon dagger special is very fast experience, if you hit, but you then have to wait for it to charge again. And ancients is both fast hitting and very fast experience.

But I still don't see what we're supposed to be commenting on o.O How it's weird that range 'max per hit' is low? But it's also the fastest if done right. Or what's the fastest experience?

As for the pk triangle, in my eyes, it's perfect. However there is no one that pks solely with one combat type, it's just not practical. If you don't hybrid you're not going to kill anything unless you get lucky.

But the triangle:

A true mage will, in most cases, always beat a true melee

A true melee will, in most cases, always beat a true ranger

A true ranger will, in most cases, always beat a true mage

(Of course there would also be the lucky kill every now and again to the opposite ;))

My meanings:

True mage: Robes, entangles (or ice spells), and a hard hitting spell

True melee: Low mage defence, high melee defence armour

True ranger: Hides, bow

But as I said, if you just use 1 combat type (even if you're just using hides while meleeing, you are hybriding), you're just not going to survive in today's wilderness. It's not Jagex's fault that the pk triangle is messed up, it's no one fault. People have just learned to adapt to hybriding.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Isnt max hit with cannon 30...?

and for max ranged damage without spec, try magic long bow, crystal bow or karils x-bow on accurate mode.

with black mask and that amulet that does 15% more damage to undead can make the damage higher vs npc's

your player vs npc max melee damage shows 48 with halberd, and you have a pic added with 52s with mace

siggehbv9.png

Max hit means nothing. It's about average damage in time and the possibiltiy in knocking your opponent out.

Apart from causing damage, the three combat classes require different strategies to use succesfull. How do you compare a normal mage to an ancient mage? Normal can TB, entangle and then god spell, while the ancient can freeze and hit multiple targets.

phata_elise.png

Isnt max hit with cannon 30...?

and for max ranged damage without spec, try magic long bow, crystal bow or karils x-bow on accurate mode.

with black mask and that amulet that does 15% more damage to undead can make the damage higher vs npc's

your player vs npc max melee damage shows 48 with halberd, and you have a pic added with 52s with mace

theirs ways to use a cannon to shoot 2 cannonballs into 1 npc at a single time, its just u have to catch the cannon @ a certain point where it like stops and starts its quarter rotations. technically its 2 shots but its...in the time of a single hit its weird.

i really dont use ranged often and i use a magic longbow evenless, however i know the magic long is the same ranged bonus, but i dont think it causes for a harder hit.

black mask doesnt stack with salve ammulet. or thats what every1 was lead to believe.

To the guy that said 45 with whip was pushing it.

Here you go.

Quote:

*MeLeE

uh the halbred might do that damage, but who pks with it? ok but training with it is reasonable. so alrite ill give you the hally being fine, but a 45 with a whip? where? lol i max hit 40s with my whip maybe 41 or 42 if i had a fire cape.

i said the above statement^^^ and 45 was pushing it, i was speaking of Player Vs. Player however, i have pics of me hitting at least 44 with my whip on a slayer monster. NEVER DID I SAY 45 was pushing it for npc's, for player vs. player its definately pushing it and as you see... later on (ill bold and underline it) you said 45 for player vs player with a whip

all my posts have been under this peice of your topic, reason being already said, players play this game and have a mind of their own, im sure if every single person of the runescape comunnity free and member, just up and said we want this or that, they could probably get it. an npc is part of the game its not unique it respawns its programmed to do this and that, a player will whine and complain if he gets killed in the wilderness by an unreasonable amount(dont believe me? goto the officials forums a few times) when i mention things in this thread i mean only against players because against NPC's any more their are always little this or thats, like salve amulet and black mask and who all cares. and every time i read this thread i seem to understand more and more about it more then the author. the guy who was hitting a 45 with a whip CLEARLY had a salve amulet on.

And now in a 1vs1 player enviroment

------------------------------------------------

NON BARROWS AIDED

(no spec)

*rAnGeD

*AnCiEnT MaGe

The ancient mage will max a 30

*NoRmAl MaGe

A normal mage can inflict 30 damage maximum aswell

*MeLeE

(With spec)

*rAnGeD

*AnCiEnT MaGe

*NoRmAl MaGe

*MeLeE

BARROWS AIDED

*rAnGeD

*AnCiEnT MaGe

*NoRmAl MaGe

*MeLeE

A meleer can inflict 90 damage on a player with dharoks

the guy who was hitting a 45 with a whip CLEARLY had a salve amulet on.

Or did he? :-k

wow, have you seen a salve ammulet? i infact knew some1 would say this and i reproduced it all. as soon as i upload this image ill prove to you its salve amulet.

heres the thing, the salve amulet is the most unique amulet in the game in looks and in chacateristics. their is no other ammy that i know of that has any look that you could consider looking relatively similar to what it looks like, for 1. its purple...2, its got a white string around it, and its prodominately white to, its not like how a thread looks it looks like a white ROPE. the ONLY other amulets that are considerable similar in design are the gnome defense(glarias amulet to i guess..) amulet and the fury amulet, which are 1 in the same for design the coloring is just different i believe and stats the both hand down lower then the string in a block type formation, where as the glory or str or whatever else amulet thats made from a gem is, its a round item. and its very noticeable which is which

gnome_amulet.gif

dragon_unstrung.gif

crabsxy2.png

http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/ ... le_id=2714

half way down theirs a picture of a salve amulet. salve_amulet.gif

44sr5.png

ok since the name of the post is the combat triangle, not max hit, then you should take into consideration that in a duel (or any other normal pvp fight) your not gonna hit 45s with whips (or whatever the max hit is). even if you do pull off a max hit with a whip, it may be followed by 0's. Also, with dharocks, you may be able to pull off a 90 but its so slow that you will be dead before you will be able to hit again, and even if you were able to get another hit in, you most likely will not hit a 90 let alone anything. Most people dont understand this, and is why people generaly like strength over attack. For this reason i like range because of its speed and accuracy. if you want to judge the combat triengle, then instead of max hit, you should calculate average damage.

ok since the name of the post is the combat triangle, not max hit, then you should take into consideration that in a duel (or any other normal pvp fight) your not gonna hit 45s with whips (or whatever the max hit is). even if you do pull off a max hit with a whip, it may be followed by 0's. Also, with dharocks, you may be able to pull off a 90 but its so slow that you will be dead before you will be able to hit again, and even if you were able to get another hit in, you most likely will not hit a 90 let alone anything. Most people dont understand this, and is why people generaly like strength over attack. For this reason i like range because of its speed and accuracy. if you want to judge the combat triengle, then instead of max hit, you should calculate average damage.

^Agreed.

Btw blacksimon how do you get incorrectly banned for macroing, I thought RS used a foolproof system of detecting it?

^Agreed.

Btw blacksimon how do you get incorrectly banned for macroing, I thought RS used a foolproof system of detecting it?

Lol, yes, we know all their bans are fair from past experiences thanks to their so-called "foolproof system" :roll: :P . For all we know, their foolproof system could be nothing more than a legion of reporthappy 8 year olds.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.