dustdevils

finalheaven

Drop percentages are a tricky thing. Its all about probablility, and because that would be hard to calculate to any degree of precision without hundreds of thousands of kills, its safe to say thats it just like trying to draw a royal flush out of a deck of several hundred cards, but with only one possible combonation in the whole deck. Im not saying that the person who got chains on his 5th and 30th kills is a lier, and I am also saying that 20k kills does not guarantee a chain. Nonetheless, because Dust Devils do drop Dragon Chainbodies, it is a good idea to train range there, although I am only speaking from other friends' stories, not from experience, so they might have high def, but their popularity makes me doubt it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took me well over 6.5k dust devils for me to get a chain. I'm not sure as to the exact amount since I stopped counting after a while, however it should be somewhere around there. None the less, they are very good range training, and I myself am planning to use up 30k iron knives on these guys once I finish making them. Should get me a fair few levels, and a chain on the side might be nice. However i'm not expecting one.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

they might have high def, but their popularity makes me doubt it.

Their defence is a joke. To be honest, I'm surprised that they're level 93. They are so easy to kill. And according to a very reliable source that I asked a while ago, the odds of getting a d chain from dust devils is 1 in 32,768 or 2^15. Apparently all drop odds can be expressed as 2^x.

single_skill1165709744.png

I've never tried em...hmm, I might raise slayer on my pure and raise ranged on Dust Devils

Lucky ducks..

*Runs to slayer master for 65 Slayer* :x

*looks at your sig* I'll be your buddy :3>

Then fork out money for the full version.

Ooooh f2p'ers just got BURNED by a Tip It mod! :twisted:

shadddax7.png

listen to Bubsa sing! \:D/ ->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=309164

Their defence is a joke. To be honest, I'm surprised that they're level 93. They are so easy to kill. And according to a very reliable source that I asked a while ago, the odds of getting a d chain from dust devils is 1 in 32,768 or 2^15. Apparently all drop odds can be expressed as 2^x.

2^x?

I was thinking about adding that into my post, however I figured that it would go over most peoples heads and be ignored. From what I know of coding, this seems like the most logical way of going about it.

And just out of curiosity, what is your "reliable source"?

EDIT:

2^x?

Means two to the power of X, where X is your variable. (in this case, 2x2 fifteen times and you come out with 32768)

Artemis_42.png

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

There is a good thread on official forums which shows that the drop rates is roughly 1/20k. They have over 1m kills and that is about how often the dchain occurs. Obviously this doesn't guarantee that killing 20k dustdevils will result in a dchain, that is not how statistics work. Still, it does show that the drop is very rare, but possible. Regardless dustdevils have great drops, and a dchain only sweetens the deal.

So in this formula 2^X, how do you find the variable? Or more specifically, what is the variable?

As stated priviously, the variable that is used to find the odds of getting a d chain drop is 15. I haven't a clue where the guy got this from, I assume its just from data that other people provided and a good guess.

Artemis_42.png

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

:shock: aaarrrggh!! no! dear god do not talk about algebra! i beg of you! my head hurts already.... *cries*

nversaydie13.png

20i9enb.jpg

trapped1yn6.png

PKERS CAN ALL BE DAMNED TO HELL!

Zot got one on 127th kill. Takes pure luck. *Rubs my teddy bat for luck* Anyway I've seen someone with 20k kills and no luck.

I rather rub the green p hat i got for it :)

but yeah i got one after 127

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I'm about to go there and see how many it takes to kill to get a chain. BTW, how should I kill them? Range or melee?

(on topic) I know someone who got one after 53 kills :wall:

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)