Dogs or Canine Americans?

darkmage099

Well, I heard that dogs will now be called Canine Americans on the radio (sort of like African Americans and Asian Americans :-k). I looked it up and...

Wayne Pacelle, President of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) committed to redoubling the animal rights group's efforts against modern animal agriculture. Pacelle indicated his belief that there is little difference between animals and humans. To support his position he used research that showed similarities between humans and non-human primates then asserted that the concept could be expanded to include any animal...

He urged the audience to continue pursuing animal guardianship laws to replace animal ownership laws. Pacelle suggested using the term ''Canine Americans'' instead of dogs to emphasize the rights of these animals.

source 1

I am not sure if this is official or not but...what has this world come to?!?! :ohnoes: I'll keep you all informed.

p.s. no canine americans were harmed in the making of this thread.

p.s.s this was supposed to be humorous

EDIT:This just in: political correctness is taking over the world!

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Guest GhostRanger
What about kitty cats? :(

Blah! Only if you're trying to destroy America and the Constitution.

That deeply saddens me. :(

As soon as I posted that I realized that you don't have your kitty sig anymore. That deeply saddens me.

What about kitty cats? :(

Blah! Only if you're trying to destroy America and the Constitution.

That deeply saddens me. :(

As soon as I posted that I realized that you don't have your kitty sig anymore. That deeply saddens me.

Now, I am twice as deeply saddened.

3898000bYVcx.png

Umm 'Feline Americans' for kitties? :-s

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic. ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

indy500fan has officially gone insane. :XD:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

indy500fan has officially gone insane. :XD:

Doesn't matter what you think, since you aren't real. :P

wc221ds4ns8.gif

EDIT: My comment doesn't make sense if the picture following it doesn't come with it, and I for some reason it will not load for me.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I hope they plan to extend this 'animal equality' to all animals, not just the furry ones. It is somewhat of a double standard if they don't attempt to ban those things which electrocute flies in areas of food preparation.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Wow...then my old dog (who passed away sadly :cry: ) is a Argentinan Canine :shock:

No, if it lived in the U.S. it'd be refered to as a canine american in the U.S. All the normal countries out there still call them dogs. I think it's wrong because we shouldn't give dogs (or canine americans :-s ) nationalities. ....What about all those people that call eachother dogs?

p.s. the cat pictures were hilarious

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

For some reason I don't see this catching on. Ever.

Next rule will be that dogs can no longer be forced to eat out of opressive bowls located on the floor. They must now eat out of golden platters on your dining room table.

Oh, and no more of that pooping on the floor/outside crap. Only the finest of porceline (gold will be acceptable, yes we mean you, Donald Trump...) will be the accepted place for a dog to poop.

...Sorry, I meant Canine American. Really.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I don't see how anyoneone can consider a dog to belong to any country like humans do. They don't have any nationality or citizenship, so adding the suffix 'american' is just a stupid attempt at increasing how PC everything is.