Smithing Question

Blaze The Movie Fan

There is something with that skill that I'm thinking of.

Can it be used in any other way other than using hammer with bar and make an item out of it, or smelting an ore with furance into a bar?

I'm thinking about it. I wouldn't send to Jagex since it takes long time, but here it takes shorter time.

Please list all the ways, I'd also love to see a picture of it, and I want to know how to do it and where. Thanks.

No flaming please, and don't even think about reporting this thread since it will get YOU into trouble, no one else.

Why would someone report a question in the Help and Advice Boards? :-s

Anyway, Smithing, as far as I'm aware is a skill exclusive to either Smelting something or using a Hammer (Smithing) a Bar, there's no other ways (apart from Quests) to gain Smithing Xp... Unless that's not even what you wanted to know?

Your question's a bit ambigious..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Technically you could consider the "Superheat Ore" spell as smithing aswell but other than that I don't think there's other ways.

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

No flaming please, and don't even think about reporting this thread since it will get YOU into trouble, no one else.

Yeah just cos you got a 2000+ post count, dont be getting a big head. If what you say is reportable (which this is obviously not, so why say it), you're still gonna get reported. Live with it.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

If you're asking about good ways to level smithing and make money, try these:

1. Iron knives - Buy iron 100 each, get rings of forging, sell knives 40 each. You double your investment, but it takes a while.

2. Iron darts - Buy iron 100 each and feathers 10 each, get rings of forging. Sell darts 35 - 40 each. Doubles your investment. Slightly faster and gives (some) fletching xp, but less smithing xp and the fletching is tedious.

3. Cannonballs - Buy iron 100 each and coal 200 each, or steel bars 550-600 each, make cballs, then sell them 175 - 200 each. Doesn't double your profit and the cballs are slow (to make and to sell), but you don't have to make a second run for smithing. Smelt, mould, bank, repeat.

4. Superheating - Better for higher level metals. Allows you to mine a full load of steel (don't waste nats on worse than steel) in fewer trips and saves the smelting. Requires mining skill as well.

Happy smithing.

EDIT - Btw, smelt in port phasmytis and smith in varrock. Best places.

- Pfft, my goals are FAR too "fluid" (ie. I have ADD) to be recorded in my sig.

To answer your question, no. Welcome to the boring, monotonous world of smithing. :P

And why would I waste my rubies on stupid iron bars when I've plenny of steel ones?

Because iron is the best xp per ore after gold with gauntlets, which makes no profit in bulk. Iron is also fast to obtain weather you mine it or buy it. Don't bash iron, it got me to 78 smithing dude. And rubies are easy. Head to the gem mines and pick up some bolt tips while you're at it.

And honestly, what else would you use rubies for, str ammies? Rings of forging are far from a waste of rubies unles you really like mining.

The point is I don't like iron stuff. And I didn't ask how to train smithing I asked what to do with smithing other than smelting/smithing. Please read the first post before posting. :wall:

Ring Of Forging is a waste for me, because I don't like iron very much.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see your upper question.

Thanks guys. But isn't that you do in "Devious Mind" something different?

You mean grinding the bow-sword? That doesn't actually have a use yet, and we're still waiting for it. I'm guessing they won't be released for a long time, although I'm certain they will be very profitable if they do.

There is one thing no said yet and that is the genie. Since it is a random and the exp bad when you get to higher levels it is not talked about much. But it is still a way to get smithing exp.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

fastest way to raise mining/smithing is to get smelthing gloves from family crest and mine gold ores at grand tree. Bank them than use magic to smelt them into bars or use furence. 52.5exp per gold ore smelted. Goes really fast and is the fastest way.

Why can't people read what the topic is about? I'm asking about different way to smith other than using furance and anvil, not how to power-smith. <.<

And honestly, what else would you use rubies for, str ammies?

Crossbow bolt tips.

Anyways, I don't use a furnace, I use superheat ore. It's faster (you can just stand in a bank) plus you get magic experience along with your smithing experience.

summerpngwy6.jpg