mcdonalds monopoly game? real or fake?

admiral_5

yeah we all heard this before. ive discussed some friends about this "game" where u can win cool prizes with these monopoly stickers, they say its not real or the stickers have to be obtained at different states in the US

and now im asking you tipiters is the monopoly game a scandel or is it actually real?

Of course it's real. You buy McDonalds' food, you get a piece. You get a complete set of a certain color, you get money.

Don't think they are losing money on it though. It is all a marketing ploy to get people to buy food.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just ignore the fraud and scandals that break out now and then where the best prizes end up being won by associates of employees of the distributor / producer of the tokens :P

Once a week I go to McD's with a friend because we have night classes and they offer cheap deals for local university students. We always fill every hotel set except for the one you need to actually complete it.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Well, that isn't supposed to be allowed, but I am sure some get away with it.

Here is a list of the "rare" ones. Many will be common, but they put one rare in each set so not too many people win.

Also, like it says there are a lot of instant winners.

/Why am I posting all this? I never go to McDonalds, I really don't care about it, I didn't hear about it until 3 days ago, and I really didn't pay attention then. I won't be participating, and once this topic gets buried I'll never think of it again. Just confuses me why I decided to reply to this topic instead of others I am interested in :? .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well, that isn't supposed to be allowed, but I am sure some get away with it.

Here is a list of the "rare" ones. Many will be common, but they put one rare in each set so not too many people win.

Also, like it says there are a lot of instant winners.

/Why am I posting all this? I never go to McDonalds, I really don't care about it, I didn't hear about it until 3 days ago, and I really didn't pay attention then. I won't be participating, and once this topic gets buried I'll never think of it again. Just confuses me why I decided to reply to this topic instead of others I am interested in :? .

nice but theyre going a bit far with the game peices price...

Once a week I go to McD's with a friend because we have night classes and they offer cheap deals for local university students. We always fill every hotel set except for the one you need to actually complete it.

Indeed, lol.

I think that they leave certain peices out, or make them so rare that the chances of someone getting them are like .0000001%, i.e. by only issuing a certain peice in Minnesota, and the other peice needed in a different state, so they can't be called on for false advertising, since they technically put them all out there. :P

It's sad, because they usually offer like a million bucks tops, and they make 1,000 times that per year in profits. Yay.

When is the last time you heard of someone winning something off these type of things? I always look for news on them, but none appears. Mcdonalds, M&M's, all that crap that has contests...Noone wins.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

It's real, but nearly impossible to win! I used to work there, and uhh, secretly took a ton of empty packages while I was working breakfast or night shifts (no one really there). I got maybe over a thousand pieces, and didn't win! :lol:

signaturecj5.jpg

nice but theyre going a bit far with the game peices price...

I don't understand, are you talking about the "prize" column? It is not too far, that is what they are worth.

If you are saying that McDonalds is making them worth too much, then you need to realize that not many people are going to be winning. Only 5000 winners for the smallest one.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It's real, but nearly impossible to win! I used to work there, and uhh, secretly took a ton of empty packages while I was working breakfast or night shifts (no one really there). I got maybe over a thousand pieces, and didn't win! :lol:

Hahah yea, a certain TIF user sent me like 100 in the mail :P didn't win.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I wondered if people did that. Shame you didnt win :(

I try not to eat fast foood. It makes you fat. :wall:

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

Really? I've never had that problem with any food. I want to put on weight, but can't.

Anyway, the monopoly thing is real enough. Goodness knows they've done it so many times here it's not even funny.

($250,000 per year for 20 years)

That must be so annoying. You know you're a millionaire, but you really aren't, and you'll have to wait for 20 years to get the full sum. During tha time you could get bored and spend your annual 'pension'...

Guest GhostRanger

Really? I've never had that problem with any food.

d00d! Haven't you seen Supersize Me?

ROFL! Sigged!!!

If I have enough space <.<

EDIT: Crap, I deleted like 2 lines, and still not enough room. <.<

"We'll bring the sexy back to judging >_>." --Nadril

Bleh, once I get off my lazy bum and go to Imageshack, there will be a picture here.

Yeah but then again he only proved old Mcdonald wrong on their advertising statement that their food is "nourishing" and "healthy". He consumed their products as a breakfast, as lunch and as dinner. Not many people do that, but yeah, he was severely depressed and even suicidal, he gained like 30 pounds of weight, in a MONTH. I'll just stick to my pasta bolognese and salad, thanks.

That must be so annoying. You know you're a millionaire, but you really aren't, and you'll have to wait for 20 years to get the full sum. During tha time you could get bored and spend your annual 'pension'...

You could totally live off of that though. Of course it would be nice to take the lump sum and collect mass amounts of interest off of it, but this way you can't blow it all on some stupid impulse buy.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Yeah but then again he only proved old Mcdonald wrong on their advertising statement that their food is "nourishing" and "healthy". He consumed their products as a breakfast, as lunch and as dinner. Not many people do that, but yeah, he was severely depressed and even suicidal, he gained like 30 pounds of weight, in a MONTH. I'll just stick to my pasta bolognese and salad, thanks.

Seriously, how much money did he waste?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Guest GhostRanger

I was actually kidding... that's a terrible documentary. You don't have to eat that much McDonalds to prove its bad for you - just look at the nutrition facts. I think it's one of the most pretentious movies I've ever seen in my life.

Seriously, how much money did he waste?

Not nearly as much as he has profited off of it.

A lot of lottery winners go bankrupt. They spend all their money too fast because they think they have a never ending supply of it. I would definently choose to get it over the years.

Not to mention with most lotteries if you choose to get all the money at once you get about 20% less than if you got it in the installments.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

It's real. But there's probably some disclaimer typed on the "board" in tiny print. And you notice how it says "You could win 5 million dollars"? COULD is the keyword I'm guessing.

A little off-topic but oh well...We watched Supersize Me in health. All the girls were screaming at some point or another. And most of the boys were gonig "Awesome...".

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.