Tip.It Times Presents: Will there be a RS3?

Kiara_Kat

Be careful what you wish for is all i really have to say...

You get attached to what you have, i'm not a great one for change and as soon as they said Rs2 was being developed i was already pessimistic. In my opinion Rs2 lost alot of the original Runescape charm.. Runescape had a huge following without great graphics etc because the gameplay was so good, levelling certain skills was extremely hard.. Rs2 came out and completely negated alot of the hard work people did on Runescape.. A few examples being Prayer, Fighting and Range.. I mean i think Beta was tested around about christmas 04? (can't be entirely sure) My point is i got 99hp just before Beta was tested and when i reached 99 hp there was less than 50 99 hpers in the entire game.. Now i daren't even look how many there are :(

You may all look forward to Rs3 and with some optimism, i don't play anymore so i'm unconcerned but what you also may find is that when Runescape changed to Rs2 you benefited from it as a lower level.. Now maybe you're higher and it won't be necessarily great.

Of course this is completely down to what's changed, i think making comparisons with WoW is a mistake because i really can't see Jagex competing with Blizzard in any way shape or form, again though if they invest too much time into graphics instead of gameplay they'll simply lose more of the charm Rs2 possibly still has (i refused to play it from the start so don't know what's left)

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that an rs3 would be cool but theres no rush... i mean the main reason runescape is dissed by so many people is its terrible graphics. more like WOW or GW might be nice but w\e...just an rs3 would be nice and sometime soon-ish, you no, not complaining tho :|

Be careful what you wish for is all i really have to say...

You get attached to what you have, i'm not a great one for change and as soon as they said Rs2 was being developed i was already pessimistic. In my opinion Rs2 lost alot of the original Runescape charm.. Runescape had a huge following without great graphics etc because the gameplay was so good, levelling certain skills was extremely hard.. Rs2 came out and completely negated alot of the hard work people did on Runescape.. A few examples being Prayer, Fighting and Range.. I mean i think Beta was tested around about christmas 04? (can't be entirely sure) My point is i got 99hp just before Beta was tested and when i reached 99 hp there was less than 50 99 hpers in the entire game.. Now i daren't even look how many there are :(

You may all look forward to Rs3 and with some optimism, i don't play anymore so i'm unconcerned but what you also may find is that when Runescape changed to Rs2 you benefited from it as a lower level.. Now maybe you're higher and it won't be necessarily great.

Of course this is completely down to what's changed, i think making comparisons with WoW is a mistake because i really can't see Jagex competing with Blizzard in any way shape or form, again though if they invest too much time into graphics instead of gameplay they'll simply lose more of the charm Rs2 possibly still has (i refused to play it from the start so don't know what's left)

hm you have a great point... i got to lvl 40-60 is amlmost all my stats back in classic... now checking effort it took me (making a new account cause mine got banned for some unknown reason, and i gave up on it) that is eqivalent to like lvl 99-120 and there isn;t a damn lvl 120...

it have become so fast and simple to lvl skills where before it was a timeconsumling long process and the reqards were worthwhile... now even the rewards diminished...

but YES they will release an RS3... just wait... the technology isn;t out yet, the japanese just figured out how to make holograms... and as more research is put into that and it gets fully developed we will see RS modified to go hologram lol

until then, they are doing a great job of improving the world and graphics... and by the way, when rs2 came out... i still think those old rs classic graphics were better... though now after a 2 year break between having stupid char banned and returning... i saw a huge difference.. and they actually expanded the fre world alot!....

and the price will change for membership, rs3 or not... just cause of inflation... it'll prolly jump to like $5.25 a month and the small increases such as that... of course minimum wage will go up and everyhting so it will be EQUIVALENT to the price now...

the only issue i have with rs2 is customer support... period... they want money... and what? they don;t encourage you to try the game out and join members, instead they ban you for stupid little things and you go, why should i pay for this bs??? though this might belong in rant section yet... well anyways RS3 when we get holograms! prolly within next decade... (technology evolves very very fast now...)

the only issue i have with rs2 is customer support... period... they want money... and what? they don;t encourage you to try the game out and join members, instead they ban you for stupid little things and you go, why should i pay for this bs??? though this might belong in rant section yet... well anyways RS3 when we get holograms! prolly within next decade... (technology evolves very very fast now...)

Haha, i'm with you there! I've been muted since before Rs2 came out lol, i did ask very nicely to unmute me so i'd be able to navigate my way around Rs2 as it was an ''entirely new game'' was that not what they said? But no such luck lol.. They refused to unmute me at all i even said if i were to swear once they could simply bann my character rather than re-mute it..

In all honesty i only wanted to be unmuted for the challenge and still never would have played Rs2 but they didn't know that :wink: They never even give me explanations lol.. Just ''No you're permanently muted and will never be unmuted''

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

• 1 month later...
This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Will there be a RS3?

The Editor

Last week, while commenting on Jagex's recent updates, I glossed over the possibility of the way being paved for RS3. Today I want to expand on my thoughts, and add in a few things I've thought of since. Of course, this being an editorial...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

It is possible, however to do so would mean bending the limits of Javascript (or Runescript as the Jagex code is called) They would need to completely change coding style and a game engine etc to even compare to anything like other games.

But it is a possiblity.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Idk if id like rs3 just at the moment in 2 years, because really if u know rs3 is comming out.... do you wanna advance ur skills any further in rs now? if u cant transfer your char to rs3 that is... :?

Really if Jagex keeps updating Rs2 graphics and new land areas and so fowarth... no need for rs3 8-)

and if rs3 ever comes out... it best come out on CD :P make things so much better 8-)

Aliester+xx1.png

untitled.jpg

LMFAO!

I hope they don't make a new game because then rs would be left behind in the dust and I'd be all alone playing it...

And I don't think there're enough signs pointing to Rs3. Rs2 is still in its developing period. There're alot more ideas still coming out.

My oppinion on the Rs3 is that I don't think that they will make another one I think they will just keep updating the rs2 server and the only reason they went from rsc to rs2 is because the game play was so diffrent and It would take longer for them to update rsc directly to rs2 with the 3d graphics than just making a new game all to gether so now I think they will just keep updating rs2 as they go and not make a rs3 .... Or mabye I'm wrong and rs2 will become like rsc but what ever happens I just want them to make soem damn horses ^.^ :XD:

put the lime in the coconut spin it all round

The only way they would make RS3 is if they overhauled the systems and changed the coding to make it better. The only other thing i could think that would need them to make a new game, is if they went four d. They made it so you have a special glass and you see form you character point of view. Total immersion into the game setting.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there will be a completely new "RS3", but at some point they are going to have to release an entirely new graphics engine. If they can't get the graphics up to standard, RS will eventually cease to be a major MMORPG. The new graphics things in Fally and other places are great, but nothing like some other games *cough*WoW*cough*.

-Bama

Roll Tide Roll!

Hi,

Recently we have seen a number of posts giving website addresses and claiming that RuneScape 3 can be played there.

We would like to make it clear that there is no such thing as RuneScape 3.

Anyone posting any kind of "RuneScape 3 details" is involved in a scam and will face an instant ban from the Forums.

You should not visit any "RuneScape 3" websites. They are very likely to contain malicious software designed to capture your password so that your account can be hijacked.

There is no need to panic if you see someone trying to advertise a "RuneScape 3" site. You would only be at risk if you visited the site. You can, however, help Jagex by reporting the player immediately.

If you see this on the Forums, please report it on the Forum Emergencies thread in the General Forum. Please make sure that you give the poster's account name and the thread's Quick Find Code. Do not include the website address itself in your report.

If you see it in-game, please report it using the Report Abuse button, selecting option 11: Advertising / website.

Thank you for your support.

-Mod Jon H

I though this was appropriate for the thread =D>

I know this has nothing to do with whether RS3 is coming out or not. But I do not think there will be an RS3. But there will be another big MMORPG made by Jagex with a different scheme.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

Umm, ok, I'm scared.

An Rs3 would be cool, but don't get TOO fancy with the graphics, cause I and thousands of RS players run on dial-up internet connections. That, or just let us play "Rs2Classic", lol. I'd feel jelous of Rs3 though.

But yeah, I like the idea of having small changes every so often and all that. Except I'd like to see more f2p changes/options/upgrades.

:boohoo: