Tip.It Times Presents: Will there be a RS3?

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

Will there be a RS3?

The Editor

Last week, while commenting on Jagex's recent updates, I glossed over the possibility of the way being paved for RS3. Today I want to expand on my thoughts, and add in a few things I've thought of since. Of course, this being an editorial...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to answer your question(and for matter of discussion) I dont think that Jagex will make a Rs3 soon. I mean why go through all the trouble updating the 'Runescript' and adding updates including graphical and quests ect.

I mean all these updates are leading to a better Rs2 but why make so many graphical and runescript changes if within a couple of months *Bam* out comes rs3 and blows Rs2 completely away.

To be honest i hope a Rs3 does come out and for some reason i get the picture it will look like Knight online/Guild wars/World of warcraft but the same map ect but bigger.

So basicly: Jagex Probably will come out with a runescape 3 which will comepletely blow runescape 2 away like Runescape 2 Killed Runescape Classic. But dont expect this any time soon kids :D

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Wow the article is so good!

I agree with The Editor i would like them to release more zones, or even a new different game?

RS3 probably will come out, but changes to this game are already being made, on graphics, gaming, more user-friendly interfaces, etc.

CentriX_2.png

modashpatienceskilldm3.png

Dragon Drops : Axe, Shield Left Half

Dk drops : Axe, Zerker (X3)

Barrow drops : Torag Plate (X3), Ahrim Robeskirt, Dharok Legs

GWD drops : Sara Sword, Bandos Tassets, Zammy Spear

not sure when they will release rs3 but i think they need to because they keep adding things to rs2 that could be improved by starting all over again and being refined. building it at the foundation but i dont know proberly 2-3 years before rs3 comes out. i just think it would make a better game if they could tweak a few of the fundamentals

i dont think there should be 1 big chage in the rs2 game. there will(hopefully) just be little changes all adding up. they updated fally to white and now we are used to it (would u ever go back) and if they keep making these changes on citys/monsters and other things soon enougth rs2 will move forward. :!:

i saw the cape idea of forum suggestion same a cant remember the spec abilitys #-o tho its good jagex are taking idears from players =D>

do u agree?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2306/1kw4.gif[/img]

~ÃÆââ¬Â Ã¢ââ‰â¢ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡ÃâìÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦R ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàHÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâöNÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃ

yea, it seems that the editor is running out of topics :| ...not that this was a bad, one, its as good as ever, but with no updates really its hard to make a good article. I thought this was a good one, on a topic that mostly is shut down with the "just wait and see" reply.

lol i agree i think sumbodies runnin outa ideas... but its still a great article. i really liked the thinking on the new interfaces, making runscape more global. although i dont think it will ever happen. besides most europeans learn english as a secound language anyways (cept for the brits). well thats at least true in germany. i live there so i do know what im talking about. if rs3 comes out i think it will be a bit more global.

i also really hope for new looks in runescape. i change my characters looks everyonce in a while, i just get bored with all the same looks. and it gets anoying with the same clothes and looks. like please a wider variety of clothes hair and posibly add sum wieght on them or curves... come on we're boxes...

as for an rs3... i dont think so... well maybe...

i think in about 3 or 4 years. i remember when rs2 came out. i was ticked off. but eventually i switched cause all my friends went over and i developed a great hate for autoers. i think they still have a long way to go with rs2. its great for now and it is always getting better. when/if rs3 comes out i expect there to be a lot of new skills. they made four new skills since rsc. in that short amount of time four new skills... ( it also includes the most awaited skill in rs history). with a new version of runescape i think skills will be split up and new ones created. and besides that they've got al the time in the world to make these things happen. i think we just need a bit more patience.

lol i think we just have to "wait and see" :XD:

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

I think there will be no Rs3, because some players just hate start over again, so Jagex can add new stuff and a new world of RuneScape, but they can keep the accounts and the stuff in them, We had a chage with Rs2 and RS-Classic, but I t would be better that Jagex just make a new game but keeping the accounts of the poeple

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I have a feeling that this tipit times is going to panic some higher level players. It made me a little mad to be honest. So I went on the corperate site and went on company history to see and at the bottom saw this:

"Our ambition for 2006 is to exceed 900,000 subscribers for RuneScape, to take RuneScape into other non-english language markets and to develop further games using our technologies"

What further games?!? Now I am really getting scared :ohnoes: :uhh:

I really think that Jagex should make a new game if they like, but keep the accounts with all the stuff they got and levels

I say this cuz, Do u like taht u got the best in the game u spent years in your account and now Jagex will delete it to make a new game? I dun wanna lose my stuff, is better just keep with RS2 and improve it the best Jagex can do

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I really think that Jagex should make a new game if they like, but keep the accounts with all the stuff they got and levels

I say this cuz, Do u like taht u got the best in the game u spent years in your account and now Jagex will delete it to make a new game? I dun wanna lose my stuff, is better just keep with RS2 and improve it the best Jagex can do

like they did when rs2 came out. they just tranfered the acounts onto rs2. and for a while they alowed ppl to switch back and forth. but now they stopped. rsc also used to be f2p but they changed that cause of the autos

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Content Developer

Jagex Ltd, developer and publisher of the MMORPG adventure game RuneScape, is looking for imaginative people to join the content development team on a permanent basis. Your role will primarily be to build creatures, shape virtual worlds, design quests and storylines for our new, undisclosed game.

I found this on the Jagex corporate site,

which suggests an entirely new, undisclosed game is in the making.

I somehow don't think it will be an "RS3", but still think it will be a browser-based MMORPG. Most likely using a similar engine to Runescape, (because there is no position advertised for programmers to create an entirely new engine), but with different storylines, quests, and skills to boot.

Although I'm basing all this on assumptions, so no doubt I will be proved wrong by the Jagex crew.

::'

You mean that when rs2 came out Jagex staff transfered the accounts with all the lvls, stuff and that???

Yes, they did.

Although some combat levels differed, because of the new formula for divising the appropriate combat level for the skills of the player.

Whoa! RS3 Awesome! :thumbsup:

But if they are going to make a RS3 then in needs to be marketed, a CD, it needs to be more 3D, Detailed, and it should sell as an actual game.

This would encourage actual *hacking* :XD: such as in Starcraft or Warcraft but if money is what they wanted it would be what they would get. <.< This would also make it slightly difficult to transfer our RS2 accounts to a CD/Installed game, and the game would lose its originality.

::' Maybe this isnt a good idea after all :?

Well if it was like World Of Warcraft, I mean the graphic details, and the complexity of Runescape (since all you do in WoW is kill stuff), it would be a great hit! They might need a real marketing company to help make/sell it. :ohnoes:

Whoa! RS3 Awesome! :thumbsup:

But if they are going to make a RS3 then in needs to be marketed, a CD, it needs to be more 3D, Detailed, and it should sell as an actual game.

This would encourage actual *hacking* :XD: such as in Starcraft or Warcraft but if money is what they wanted it would be what they would get. <.< This would also make it slightly difficult to transfer our RS2 accounts to a CD/Installed game, and the game would lose its originality.

::' Maybe this isnt a good idea after all :?

Well if it was like World Of Warcraft, I mean the graphic details, and the complexity of Runescape (since all you do in WoW is kill stuff), it would be a great hit! They might need a real marketing company to help make/sell it. :ohnoes:

Yes, I like RS despite its graphics but I think if they make and RS3 it should still be browser-based and only $5 a month for members. Some people, like me, understand how they need money, but don't want to bay $29.95 and month for a computer game. :?

Hate to burst your bubble guys but i read on an official forum yesterday (in the future update forum) in a thread discussing the possibility of rs3, and a mod locked the thread, saying that jagex had no plans for releasing "rs3" and were not currently working on "rs3"

I guess theyre happy with rs2

Besides which, if they made the game any more complicated/higher detail it probably wouldnt run in a browser (and would need at least broadband internet)

Never, ever, do I hope they make a new game. Runescape is their best project ever and should stick with it. Andrew said he would anyhow since he has all these plans for it. If a new game was made, it would devestate people who spent years of their lives of Runescape.

When they brought out RS2, all the accounts were transfered in their entirety, and this would also happen *if* they brought out rs3 (which they wont - at least for a long while)

People would not lose anything if the game was changed, as it is an upgrade, not a replacement.

(This is why there are still phats around, even though they were dropped in rsc)