First Jobs?

DragonFirenze

I'm 13, my first job was kind of 'spot job' and it was and still is umpiring little league baseball games. Makes good money. $25 for behind the plate for a 6 inning game. $20 in the field. It works out well.

But, when I turn either 15 or 16, I'll be working hopefully at our golf course. Same as my brother. Start out cleaning golf carts. Upgrade to picking up balls in the driving range and driving the little machine that picks up the balls :P . Eventually, maybe I'll try and become a ranger. :lol: A job, just driving around a golf cart :P

I worked in some shop. My workmates were chavs and some idiot girl who started the same day as me thought she was a manager because she brown-nosed anyone in a higher position than her. Yeah I didn't enjoy that. I work now behind my student union bar, so much fun laughing at the drunkards :)

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

McDonalds, its ok pay ($10/Hour, Only in llyodminster) but the enviroment is horrible.... Sorry mcdonalds :P

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

My first job was a 200 house paper round :/ I wasn't 'that' young tho, started at about 14/15.

Since then i've washed pots at my local posh restaurant (nice fod at teh end of a late shift) but mainly worked in designing/creating/managing databases for businesses over the summer.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

you need to know what you're doing forwards and back though, as well as how to MANUALLY! remove such malware. So many times people take their computers to, get this, a REAL COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICE (eg the Geek Squad) and they fail to remove spyware that has a backup mechanism. If you know how to msconfig, regedit, hijackthis, safemode and use LiveCD Linux, that's good. Relying solely on Ad-Aware is a terrible idea.

But if you do actually know what you're doing and you can give it to the customer straight, as in without buzzwords and jargon but still completely accurate, then you should definently consider a job in computer repair. It's too bad that so many clueless cookie-cutter online degree people are getting put in jobs like that where true ingenuity and experience is needed. "But you use Ad-Aware to remove spyware! Registry editing is unsafe..."

But either way, I did accounting, minor prep work and cleaning for a restaurant, and I also now do corporate helpdesk as an intern. You should keep a watchful eye on area businesses wanting help, ESPECIALLY those wanting interns if they are a big company - they get community recognition, a tax break and cheap labor, and you get a relatively nice salary (I make 10 an hour) if you get an office job.

Lol yeh I know what im doing. I havn't been given a problem yet that I can't fix, other than one time:

Someone couldn't get their dial up working, I set it up the easy way using the wizard and it wouldn't connect. I reinstalled the modem, rang the isp and double checked all the info, tried my own 56k modem, checked all the settings and the registry, rang the isp again and they walked me through it (which was just the wizard again) and they still couldn't work out why it didn't work. It was a cheap unreliable isp though so I just suggested that they change. They got back to me and said their new one worked fine.

Most of the spyware riddles computers had never been formatted and was filled with rubbish in the registry from old programs. I had to invest in a few flash drives incase they didn't have a burner to back their stuff up. I also fixed hardware and driver problems, gave advice and did tune ups, just random problems etc.

I wanted to work with computers years ago, but then I found about how many people want to do computers and theres not enough jobs to go around.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

My first job was at aDunkin Donuts DONT WORK THERE Im now working as a security gaurd at WAL MART until i go to graduate and go to San jose state this summer. 18 years old ftw :thumbsup:

My first job was at twelve years old doing field work for a local farmer. At the age of fourteen I began working at a gas station, 9-5 job and I got $10 an hour. It was great.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif