First Jobs?

DragonFirenze

My mother is forcing me to get a job and ive vowed never to work at a fast food shop. ATM I deliver junk mail #-o but im quitting that soon, its very low pay for the amount of work involved. But enough about me.

Where did YOU first work?

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

I've worked with my dad building houses off and on in the past, but was never really an "employee". Good pay, but the work is horrendously...bad. It sucks. It's hot/cold/wet/dry and it isn't even enjoyable. :P

Other than that, I've never had a "job" as in working for someone else and having an interview and the like. I'm getting one soon, though. I'm good at saving money so I always had some left over from working with my dad...I'd say I've worked a total of 30 days with him, and it's about $100 per day ($10/hr, 10 hr days) so that's like 3 grand...My car was a hand-me-down so I had money. $3,000 lasted me 3 years, from 16 to 19 (now) and now I've run out recently, so I have to get a "real" job...My car just got smashed into so I have to get a new one. :(

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

My first job was at a mechanic. I would advise you not to work there. Its hot, its greasy, and it usually doesn't pay anywhere near it should.

Second was my own lil business. Building computers (they give me a budget, and preferred specs and I baught the parts and charged labour. since I baught parts seperately it was much cheaper for them, allowing me charge more and still have happy customers.) and fixing them. (You would be surprised at the amount of people who bring in a slow computer riddled with spyware and junk which just needs a format) If you enjoy working with computers then I would suggest trying that, even if it is for just a couple jobs to try it out.

I worked at a flight training place for a little while (had to quit because it was during school) I was basically a handyman- I know computers, engines, athletics and math. I did a little secretary and accounting work, helped out the aviation mechanics - took apart two barren engines and put them back together :)

I even got a 6 week personal training job (after work 4 days a week) from one of the guys wanting to get fit for his airforce fitness test.

And went back seat with some of the flights. Job was good, breaks were good, the people there were awesome, and everyone was laid back. People could check their email whilst suposed to be working and nobody cared. That payed out $10.80/h You might wanna check something like that out, though that place just might be a one off :-k

I also did a couple other things which isn't allowed here, so I am just telling you, not suggesting it to you.

I made a rs2 bot ages and ages ago, selling updates for $8 each to 5 or 6 people at my school. I got bored and stopped updating it after a little less than 6 months. - Please do not ask me to make you a macro anyone, the answer will be no.

Right now I earn some cash on the side by selling rs mills. Dorks at my school pay like $25 ea

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

My mother is forcing me to get a job and ive vowed never to work at a fast food shop. ATM I deliver junk mail #-o but im quitting that soon, its very low pay for the amount of work involved. But enough about me.

Where did YOU first work?

I also vowed never to work in fast-food. First job I got is still my current job, retail for BCF (Boating - Camping - Fishing) :thumbsup:

My first job was as a Lifeguard, and I still work there :P DON'T ever consider it! Yes the hours are reasonably flexible, the pay is pretty good when you get to 18, but it is seriously the most boring job you will ever do. Seriously, there is absolutely nothing to do, no-one to talk to, you rarely have to put your training into practice and they make you clean :?

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

My first job was just doing little things for my parents business (from the time I was like 11-14). It didn't pay much and I didn't do much.

Me and a friend tried to get a job a few weeks ago at a photography place but they wouldn't hire me because I'm not 18 yet. They told us to hold onto our applications until we were 18. I laughed at that because by the time I'm 18 I'll have another job and won't need that job anymore.

I also have promised myself that I will never work in fast food.

My first job was when I was 12 or 11. I worked during the summer at the concession stand on the baseball field. Made a good bit of money for my age.

My second and current job is working at a local photographer's place. I do picture touchups and effects in Photoshop for him. I work on yearbook pictures, Senior pictures, family photos, stuff like that. The pay is good and the job isn't that hard. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

I currently work my country club golf course.

Very easy work, $10 an hour + tips, and I get a free meal at the club resteraunt everynight to take home.

Awesome, I wonder if my golf club would hire me. :)

Eh, I haven't ever had a job, not even a paper round. Am 16 if you are curious. I'll probably help at my local sports centre or something easy like that.

knkcopy.jpg

Worked on a fruit orchard farm - it's not worth it.

Just apply at a local greenhouse - the work sucks, but it's consistent and you usually get good pay. If you've got a friend that needs a job, apply together so you can keep each other company. Before you actually get a career, I wouldn't make alot of effort to get the "dream job" that doesn't actually exist.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Second was my own lil business. Building computers (they give me a budget, and preferred specs and I baught the parts and charged labour. since I baught parts seperately it was much cheaper for them, allowing me charge more and still have happy customers.) and fixing them. (You would be surprised at the amount of people who bring in a slow computer riddled with spyware and junk which just needs a format) If you enjoy working with computers then I would suggest trying that, even if it is for just a couple jobs to try it out.

You need to know what you're doing forwards and back though, as well as how to MANUALLY! remove such malware. So many times people take their computers to, get this, a REAL COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICE (eg the Geek Squad) and they fail to remove spyware that has a backup mechanism. If you know how to msconfig, regedit, hijackthis, safemode and use LiveCD Linux, that's good. Relying solely on Ad-Aware is a terrible idea.

But if you do actually know what you're doing and you can give it to the customer straight, as in without buzzwords and jargon but still completely accurate, then you should definently consider a job in computer repair. It's too bad that so many clueless cookie-cutter online degree people are getting put in jobs like that where true ingenuity and experience is needed. "But you use Ad-Aware to remove spyware! Registry editing is unsafe..."

But either way, I did accounting, minor prep work and cleaning for a restaurant, and I also now do corporate helpdesk as an intern. You should keep a watchful eye on area businesses wanting help, ESPECIALLY those wanting interns if they are a big company - they get community recognition, a tax break and cheap labor, and you get a relatively nice salary (I make 10 an hour) if you get an office job.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

I don't want to work at a fast food place, but my dad is making me get another job, and they're the only places that hire young (Age 15). I'm leaning towards Papa Murphy's because there is no way I'm working at Burger King or Wendy's. But my first job I had this summer, I was a computer/network technician. They at least hired me. I had to leave because it's too far away from my school, and they close at 5:00 P.M. So, I'd only be working maybe an hour and a half every day (If I found a ride there).

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I currently work my country club golf course.

Very easy work, $10 an hour + tips, and I get a free meal at the club resteraunt everynight to take home.

I'm thinking of apply for a job at a country club near me.. It's in the 'rich' section of town and I heard the people tip well ;) My friend worker there before he went off to college..