DOWNLOADABLE RS3, TOTALY NEW ENGINE

pipp_killa

I like this game, crap pictures or just text. But, of course better visuals would mean this game would beat all wow games, and any other prg out there. But this is a web browser type game aint it? Why not, a beta downloadable version of the game, about 400 mb. This game would have GOOD quality. It could be a game like wow. Have you played fate? it could be just like that. With running that is a perfect motion. It could still host f2p, and p2p. Isn.t it possible?

Getting chicken legs when I say... BOO!

How about now... WILDERNESS!

Not to worry, Not to worry!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=565211

possible is it came out on CD... install the game and run it on the net, might run faster.... ill give it some though, reminds me of half life 2 for some reason :-k

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

possible is it came out on CD... install the game and run it on the net, might run faster.... ill give it some though, reminds me of half life 2 for some reason :-k

THis is NOT possible with a game like runescape. Here's a little thing posted by Mod Peter on the THINGS NOT TO SUGGEST on the official forums.

RuneScape on another console or how it's distributed or programmed (including a new RS client)

I dont know, runescape is java based. And most java based games are hosted on 1 computer, so the others can play. But if they made a dowloadable version, then they would have to give out their source code which is not a good thing. Even they have to make clients, for us to play the game so there are alot of flaws in your post.

-I maybe wrong with my statement, but thats all I know from knowledge.

nope... just cuz wow has 4gb sp[ace needed inclused all expention packs and updates... and... wow is 13ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì a month...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

• 1 month later...
I like this game, crap pictures or just text. But, of course better visuals would mean this game would beat all wow games, and any other prg out there. But this is a web browser type game aint it? Why not, a beta downloadable version of the game, about 400 mb. This game would have GOOD quality. It could be a game like wow. Have you played fate? it could be just like that. With running that is a perfect motion. It could still host f2p, and p2p. Isn.t it possible?

Eventually I would like to see a full RS game as a downloadabe client such as WoW with improved graphics, and may be it is something Jagex can consider in the distant future. However, it would require an entire recoding and modelling of the already massive game and would take even the best development team a good 3 years at least to reproduce a game as big as runescape with good graphics. So I dont see this happening for about 10 years if ever.

inferno_char.png

I like the fact that I don't need to install anything onto my computer to play RS so I don't really like this idea

yes except when you need to download the cache anyway...

it like rs because its online and can run good on slow internet (i have dial up 28.8kbps....)

Dr_Brinner.png

no, runescape is THE MMORPG online, there is no way jagex would want to mess that up and take a chance of being overrun by everquest and WoW

and they would lose a ton of their 850,000 members and money because of the cost of making the game compared to the number of members and the number of members they would lose

runescape is a haven for the MMORPG players with low-end computers

Jsen.png

If we're talking a FREE downloadable version, then why couldn't it and the java version parallel each other? Meaning, I could install the good version on my home computer and play it, but if I'm in a computer lab, at a relatives, etc, I could log on to the java version and just play it. After the inital re-coding/modeling of everything, it woudn't be THAT huge a deal to add the updates to both versions at the same time.

If the downloadable/CD version is going to cost something more than the price of shipping a CD, then I'd want a better game than the java one; meaning first person perspective, faster play, offline play capabilities, etc.

untitled6kv7.gif