Two down, two to go (Regarding stolen clan name)

Dbzruler72

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old Clan was Clan Forever for about a year, then a new Clan came along with the name Clan Forever, so we asked them to change. After a bunch of flaming they changed it to For Ever.
What a change. Still same pronunciation though :|

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

You pick a name thats going to be used often, expect it to happen there was a clan called pk masters in early rsc for your information.

Think of something original and your problem is solved.

I made my clan on October 25, 2002. That's very early RuneScape-Classic :wink:

Yesterday I got rid of another clan, one left :D

Got any proof whatsoever that your clan existed in 2002? Didnt think so.

You managed to get 80 combat in 4 years play time..

If you had played 1 hour a week for that 4 years you would be about lvl 105.

Judging by your spelling in 2004, you were about 10 years old back then.

Your requirements are pathetically low, any clan that has lasted since 2002 has reqs over 90 comb, most are 110+ why would yours be the exception? lol.

Why make stuff up?

In 30 seconds, I found out that the current forum they use is 2 years old. Of course, the possibility that they switched forums is very high, but aside from that, 2 years is enough time to prove that your standards mean nothing.

Not everyone spends their time training to be 110+? You don't have to be 110+ to pk. Bigger isn't always better, and not EVERYONE wants to waste their life clicking and clicking. Maybe some people just want to play the game? That's what a LOT of pkers on RSC did; just creating different pures with different stats.

I'm not saying he started at 2002, but I'm saying that you have no reason to run your mouth.

Think about it.

Becouse i played in 2002, and the clan scene wasnt very big, and i had never heard of this guy.

Its not like now when you have 8,000,000 players, in 2002 there was more like 20,000.

I hate people who pretend to be oldschool, expecially people who have like 3 numbers in there name, back in 2002 it wasnt hard to make an original name :wink:

The pk masters i knew of in rsc were formed in early 2003 by a friend and there was no contestation over the name back then.

Edit: read about the clan member cap of 25, i belive its more possible now, but i hardly think they count as a clan, 25 people? my pk team is bigger then that.

Calm down there bud I could say the same about you I have been around since April of that year just after p-hats were dropped, and I certainly do not remember your name either. So does that give me the right to accuse you of being an old school pretender? Didn't think so. Some times you just have to take things on faith.

Back on topic not unheard of for people to steal names like this i know for a while we had a small PK team within my clan named myrmidons for our elite members (120+) About 3 months later found out that some clan had come along, and snagged the name as there clan name. So if a off the wall name like myrmidons can be used like that i am sure this will not be the last time that a common name (really anything that includes the word PK) will be used. good luck to you.

Well.. We are more family like than a pk team. And besides we discussed this internally in the clan and voted to keep it at 25 and we chose the name *-P.K.Masters-* because *-P.K.Masters-* looks cooler than pk masters. And besides we started in 2002.

j0xPu5R.png

Some times you just have to take things on faith.
Yes, & that is why religion works.
Well.. We are more family like than a pk team. And besides we discussed this internally in the clan and voted to keep it at 25 and we chose the name *-P.K.Masters-* because *-P.K.Masters-* looks cooler than pk masters. And besides we started in 2002.
To be honest, I have no idea when I added the *- & -* to the name. It just ended up on the name.

Oh, & we might raise the cap.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Idk...you could pick a more original name. I mean...anyone who's heard of Pking could come up with it in like 5 seconds...and apparently have. Not saying you have to change...but it comes with the territory of having a common sounding name.

Many clans have common names. Like the "Dragon Slayers".. It's actually good to have a common name. People will remember and find your clan more by searching. But it takes a little extra work on the side..

j0xPu5R.png

Idk...you could pick a more original name. I mean...anyone who's heard of Pking could come up with it in like 5 seconds...and apparently have. Not saying you have to change...but it comes with the territory of having a common sounding name.

Many clans have common names. Like the "Dragon Slayers".. It's actually good to have a common name. People will remember and find your clan more by searching. But it takes a little extra work on the side..

Idk...distinctive names are better. Dragon slayers might be fine...but I guarantee you there's 100 of them in every game containing a dragon. I don't see many Echo of Silence's of Adelais' running around.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

Idk...distinctive names are better. Dragon slayers might be fine...but I guarantee you there's 100 of them in every game containing a dragon. I don't see many Echo of Silence's of Adelais' running around.
I do see what u mean, & maybe if I was a bit older when I created my clan I would have chosen a different name.

The extra characters around the name *-P.K.Masters-* give it a more distinctive look though, in my opinion. Most people don't count it part of the name though since u can't really pronounce it, & it takes a while to learn.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I do see what u mean, & maybe if I was a bit older when I created my clan I would have chosen a different name.

The extra characters around the name *-P.K.Masters-* give it a more distinctive look though, in my opinion. Most people don't count it part of the name though since u can't really pronounce it, & it takes a while to learn.

Yeah. There is a very low chance of someone copying that by mistake because people think "P.K.Masters" or "PK.Masters" or any other saying of the name.

j0xPu5R.png

• 1 month later...

Who would steal clan name a clan who despreatly needs members

as for sum1 body with the name pkmasters you cant say much because it is a widely spread name and diffrent people use it their a clan called that on age of mythology. you cant patent it because nobody would take you serioulsy.

Tal shiar and millitos deci will not be taken because they are so random anybody who took these names would be such a coincidense

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

My clan name is in no sense random.

Google it :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

okay maybe your names not random (not a star trek fan)

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

Well. We can't go back now. That means we have to change our name, forum, site, banner, images, clan IRC, clan advertisements, and we will have to tell everyone that. Way too much hassle.

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 weeks later...

Use an original name for your clan then. Been around since 2002 and you have no proof of that? Says enough if you ask me.

And getting to 80 combat in 4 years is a laugh, so I think you played since 2004 or something.

signature4s.jpg

Use an original name for your clan then.
Read this post:
Well. We can't go back now. That means we have to change our name' date=' forum, site, banner, images, clan IRC, clan advertisements, and we will have to tell everyone that. Way too much hassle.[/quote']

And getting to 80 combat in 4 years is a laugh, so I think you played since 2004 or something.
I started October 2001. Unfortunately, if u add in one hour a day on the computer for Fridays-Sundays for a few years, two hours a day on the computer from 2006-present time, building web designing skills, & overall clan work (website, forums, recruiting, events, etc.) u get to my combat level.

Please lock, this discussion is over.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg