~~Warrior's Complete Guide to Battlestaving!~~

warrior5024

(Disclamer: This can be potentially hazardous to you, as you can DIE enchanting orbs.)

Table of Contents:

1) Introduction/ What is it?

2) Why and Skills/ Items needed

3) The Actual Guide :XD:

$) Conclusion

My name is Mark Goodrich, and this is my first guide. My runescape name is warrior5024, and feel free to pm me at any time O:) This is my first guide (but not my last) and I hope that it will be immortalized in the Archive of Wisdom.

Trying to earn some money to start up Barrows, or just bored and need exp? Battle staving is your answer. For those of you who don't know what it is, it combinds crafting and magic. It is the art of making staves, and can bring both profit and exp to your character. You must first craft an orb, then enchant it, attach it to a battle staff, then alch the finished product, for 9300 gp! Yes, you get 9300 gp per staff, well worth the effort. Also, you obtain a nice amount of exp in both magic and craft, so what have you to lose? Grab some items and let's roll!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART II: SKILLS AND ITEMS

Battle staving requires the skillful hands of a crafter, and the special touch of a magician. I've used many different methods, and iIve found this to be the most effective:

74 Magic

66 Crafting

Ability to acess Lunar Magicks

27 Runecrafting

Access to Zanaris (Lost City quest completed)

Now, if you do not have these stats, DO NOT PANIC! You can still make money with battle staving, I simply prefer this because:

A) With 74 mage, and a mind bomb, you can use the Superglass Make spell, allowing you to earn more glass per soda ash and sand.

B) With 66 crafting, you can make air staffs, the least hassel to enchant, as you don't have to run through Traverly dungeon, and you don't have to be surronded by poison spiders at the earth obilisk.

C) Cosmics are a hassel to buy from shops, as they sell in small quantites, and players sell them for up to 250 gp each, so making them yourself would be much more economical.

You can still make staffs with 54 crafting and 54 magic, but it is very stressful, as you must traverse through the entire Traverly dungeon and use about 13 prayer points, simply to enchant 27 orbs. Now, i did make roughly 500k with water orbs, but airs are much more efficient.

Skills down, we still have to obtain all the items needed to make millions off of elemental battle staffs. this consists of:

Seaweed/ Soda ash

3 Cosmics

An elemental staff

A nature rune(s)

A bit of money (50k should be good.)

A fire staff

Buckets

Battle staves (Get these last.)

If you don't have any idea how to obatin these items, do not fret, I shall tell you how.

1) To get seaweed/ soda ash, you must first go to Cathabury, to the dock. Once there, head toward the people who chater ships. However, do NOT chater a ship; instead trade them and buy all of the seweed and soda ash in stock. Once you have done that, if you are out of inenvtory space, deposit your seaweed and switch worlds and repeat buying process. Once you've stcoked up on seaweed, take it to a range and burn it into soda ash.

2) Cosmic runes are easy enough to obtain; simply craft them. However, to do this you must have sompleted The Lost City quest. However, it is very conveiniant, for a sand box is near the bank, making it easy to obtain.

3) You can buy elemental staffs and nature runes at the magic guild, so stock up on about 1 of each elemental staff and 100 natures when you first start battle staving.

Just obtain all of these items and you'll be ready to gain exp, and have some cash to put in the bank as well. ::'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART III: THE ACTUAL GUIDE

Now that you have you items, it is time to finally make the staffs, there are 4 main steps to battle staving after obtaining the items. They are:

1) Turn Buckets of sand and soda ash into molten glass.

2) Craft the glass into orbs.

3) Using magic, enchating the orbs

4) Attaching the orbs and finally alching the finished product.

Each step can go a bit more in detail, so I'll explaiin each step a bit.

1) Turn Buckets of sand and soda ash into molten glass.

For this, i simply obtain my sand and soda ash, and cast the spell, "Superglass Make." It crafts the glass faster, gives magic exp, and gives you MORE glass per soda ash & bucket! Also, the spell looks awesome. \' If, however, you can't cast this spell, i would suggest that you use yoru soda ash and sand with a furness, preferably Zanaris.

2) Craft the glass into orbs.

Not much to say here, exept to take a glassblowing pipe, fill you inventory up with glass, amd craft away!

3) Using magic, enchant the orbs. :wall:

This is the msot tedious, annyoing, and pain staking part of the whoel ordeal. You must take ALL the orbs that you make, about 100 cosmics per trip, and head to the obilisk of your choice. Now, i chose the Air obilisk because the ones in Travlrey dungeon are so inconveintant, and the earth one is surronded by poison spiders. Air is easiest, but, if you can't use it yet, don't fret, earth is the next best one.

For equipment, i weild an air staff, i wear boots or lightness, and in my inventory i have 100 cosmic runes and 27 orbs. I simply run though Edgevill dungeon, head to the black demons past the skeletons in the wild, head north, up the ladder, and there I am. the earth alter is south of the ladder to the air obilisk. (Note: The air obilisk is in lvl 7 wild, while the earth is in lvl 2. Choose carefully.)

A techneque I've seen used to craft air orb is similar to abyss runecraft. You get your orbs and cosmics, and have a full glory equipted. Once you have all your orbs enchanted, you simply use the glory to teleport back to Edgevill, saving you running back though the dungeon.

NEVER take all of your cosmics in one trip, for there are pkers who will kill you, even if you are only wearing an air staff.

Not much else to say, exept put some good music on, as this takes awhile.

4) Attaching the orbs and finally alching the finished product.

:pray: Thank Zamorak I'm done enchanting orbs!

Lot of money can now be easily obtained, and the end is in sight. The hardest part is over, and now you can finally reap the benifits of battle staving. Once you have all of your orbs enchanted, grab your fire staff, some natures, a couple of gp, and head over to a magic shop that sells battle staffs. I use Baba Yaga's house on Moonclan island to buy staffs, because not many people buy there. However, you can also buy at the magic guild or at Zaff's shop in Varrock.

Buy as many Battle staffs from the shop as you have orbs, switching worlds everytime until the store runs out of stock. (Each staff costs roughly 7350 gp each.)

Once you have am equal amount of Enchanted orbs to battle staffs, use an orb with your battle staff, and you will create a battle staff of that element. Once you have made as many staffs as you can, get out those natures, and have fun alching. :P

(Even though the different created battle staffs may have different elements, they all alch for the same 9300 gp.)

PART IV: CONCLUSION

Well, that is jsut abotu all you nee dto know about battle staving, just a couple of notes:

1) You need a bit of money to start this hobby.

2) The money you get for making staffs adn for the lvls you need is great, and it is fun and you obtain alot of exp for your work.

3) EXPIRAMENT! Don't stick with the same process each time, try something new! The procedures i use now were my 4th plan on making battle staffs, so don't stick to one road, try somethign new. ::'

Battle staving isn't a sure-fire way to get money, but it is good for starting a business or just a past time if you find out about a couple of homeless cosmics you discovered in your bank. It's fun, and lot of money can be reaped from it, so good luck out there! :XD:

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I've been doing this recently and the cash and xp is alright. For buckets of sand do the 'hand in the sand' quest and you can get 80 buckets of sand delivered to your bank each day by talking to a guy in yanille.

Also to get seaweed without buying it go to Piscatoris Fishing Colony where you catch monkfish, there are 2 seaweed spawns that respawn every few seconds.

sig1t.png

Thank you for posting! :thumbsup:

I havne't done hand in the sand or swan song, after Recipe i'm takign a break from quests.

I made 600k yesterday with staffs, i started with 120k, got 300 glass, and went crazy. turns out buying staffs can be as worse as enchanting orbs

Picture2-10.png

Eh 8/10 for the guide. It needs spelling corrections. But over all GREAT GUIDE =)

ps:If your atheist,why did u say, "Praise Zamorak"? Im confused #-o

Any1 add me in game (rock goose) for help if u need it. =)

egg2.PNG

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

=p i will admit, im not a good speller, but thanks! :twisted:

As for the ZAmorak thingy, i dunno :-k i confuse myself

Picture2-10.png

Pics are hard for me, i am using a Mac, so thwe nnormal Paint techneque won't work for me -.-

Picture2-10.png

Very nice guide, I think I'm going to put my sand and seaweed to good use now :D

A question - isn't there a new shortcut from catherby shores to the taverly dungeon ladder? I amy not be right, but if there is, that's some very fast orb enchanting right there.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Some suggestions:

1) Buy battlestaves while enchanting to reduce the amount of server jump you need to do. You can do this by bringing fire and law runes and teleport to varrock after each trip to the air altar.

2)In addition, i recommend alching while walking to-and-forth the air altar. You can do this by bringing fire rune/fire staff and nature runes.

3) I recommend wearing some armor (especially dhide) to protect against pkers and monsters along the way.

This is my recommended setup:

equiped: air staff, glory, dhide body, dhide leg (protection against pker), ring of life

inventory:

cosmic runes

fire runes - necessary even with fire staff for teleport

law runes

fire staff - optional, if you don't want to waste fire runes

nature rune

noted orbbed battlestaves

empty spot for GP

the rest all unenchanted orbs

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Some suggestions:

1) Buy battlestaves while enchanting to reduce the amount of server jump you need to do. You can do this by bringing fire and law runes and teleport to varrock after each trip to the air altar.

2)In addition, i recommend alching while walking to-and-forth the air altar. You can do this by bringing fire rune/fire staff and nature runes.

3) I recommend wearing some armor (especially dhide) to protect against pkers and monsters along the way.

This is my recommended setup:

equiped: air staff, glory, dhide body, dhide leg (protection against pker), ring of life

inventory:

cosmic runes

fire runes - necessary even with fire staff for teleport

law runes

fire staff - optional, if you don't want to waste fire runes

nature rune

noted orbbed battlestaves

empty spot for GP

the rest all unenchanted orbs

Very nice Idea! :D

I, however, liek to buy my staffs at Moonlan Island, as for the lack of people, however this woudl definatly decrease the boredom factor alot.

Also, there is a grapple thingy from the water obilisk to cathebary, but it is only ONE WAY. This means you still must tele port back to Falidor adn travers through the dungeon again.

Picture2-10.png

Its an ok guide but could use some pics. Also, after you've bought the seaweed and soda ash, don't bother making the seaweed into soda ash as well. The spell also works with just plain seaweed.

:wall:

I never knew that the spell also took seaed! =p Thanks, i'll change that.

Also, shops do only carry 5 staffs per shot, i did 60 world hops to gain 300 staffs, so you can get bored buying them as well as making the orbs. My suggestion is to go on fourms and see if you can get a good deal on cosmics while you wait. ::'

Picture2-10.png

Very nice guide, I think I'm going to put my sand and seaweed to good use now :D

A question - isn't there a new shortcut from catherby shores to the taverly dungeon ladder? I amy not be right, but if there is, that's some very fast orb enchanting right there.

There is, but you can only get from the obselisk to the shore, not the other way around.

Nice guide, but I hate battlestaving.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Awsome guide o great mole killer, i really like it and wanna try it, but my mage it 2 low :wall: lol.

:D Thanks slifer! And i'm retired from mole slaying :roll:

Magic isn't taht hard to train, go to mage trainign areana, the alching chamber earns a ton of exp.

Picture2-10.png

I must say that fire obelisk is the best.

The reasons. There is a grapple from the island to catherby. ALSO, to make things better, you can just bank and then use the OTHER grapple across White Wolf Mountain, and you are about 15 seconds of walking away from the Taverly Dungeon. To make it an even sweeter deal, there are agility short cuts there (I can only use the one to blue drags). The only thing you need to worry about is getting hit big time by the black drags, which is simple enough to solve by wearing an anti-dragon breath shield.

I must say that fire obelisk is the best.

The reasons. There is a grapple from the island to catherby. ALSO, to make things better, you can just bank and then use the OTHER grapple across White Wolf Mountain, and you are about 15 seconds of walking away from the Taverly Dungeon. To make it an even sweeter deal, there are agility short cuts there (I can only use the one to blue drags). The only thing you need to worry about is getting hit big time by the black drags, which is simple enough to solve by wearing an anti-dragon breath shield.

:shock:

Smart! =D I like your tactic, although i am not 70 agility -.- only 59.

Also, I make airs for better exp as well, but if you are high agility and willing to do it, I say thsi idea rocks! =D>

Picture2-10.png

• 1 month later...

wow, i'm surpirsed thsi guide is still up :D

Please post with comment, even ciritisisum, as logn as its creative

Picture2-10.png

Quick question about the Superglass Make spell.

On Tip.it, it says it makes 1.5x the number of sand and ash/seaweed into glass. If you don't have enough inventory space, what does it do with the rest of the glass?

Also, should I get my magic from 71 to 74 and do Lunar Diplomacy (I have all the requirements) to use this method, or should I stick with making glass in Port Phasmatys?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png