Mages and Archers, and their Castle Wars problem...

Buckeyemange

NOTE: None of these ways of training give xp. Happy flamers?

We all know that many mages and archers dislike the fact that Castle Wars, for them, is expensive. Mages lose money with expensive spells, and archers lose their arrows in large amounts.

But how do we fix this problem? A simple idea would be free arrows and runes that don't give xp or half xp. How boring is that? Let me answer. VERY.

My idea is new weapons that cannot be taken out of the castle battleground. Three staves, three bows, which would come with arrows or runes. My ideas are below.

THE MAGES

Two tabels are added to the supply room. The first of which is a table that holds all of the mixed runes (steam, mud, ext.). Only 50 of ONE kind of rune can be taken at a time. Once they are used, you can get more.

The second table holds three staves. A Cursed staff, a Bolt staff, and the Thunder staff.

Each staff has 50 shots. One staff can be in your inventory at once.

Cursed staff- A staff for low level mages, but also for the High levels. This staff casts the weakening spells, which are Confuse, Weaken, and Curse. They also will cast Bind, Snare, and Entangle. And it will also cast the high level weakening spells, Vulnerability, Enfeeble, and Stun. Each spell requires the level for casting normaly.

Bolt staff-The name my say it all. Allows casting of the 4 bolt spells.

Thunder staff- My favorite. A staff with 4 new spells.

Thunder strike-Basic missle attack. Level 19. 10 Dammage max.

Thunder bolt- The next step, a level 39 spell. 13 Max hit.

Thunder Cloud- A kind of poison. The cloud follows the opponet, hitting them with lightning every once in a while. Same damage table as normal poison. Level 59.

Thunder Storm-Hits a 3x3 square. Large bolts of lightning. Level 79, 22 max hit.

That is what the mages get.

THE ARCHERS

Three tables. One has packets of arrows, bronze to rune, which hold 75 arrows. Same rules as the Runes.

The next has crossbow bolts, with bronze to rune, no tips.

The third has Bows.

CWC-The Castle Wars Crossbow. Level 25, uses bolts through steel. Faster then normal cross bow, but doesen't his as often or hard.

Battle Bow- Level 40. Uses all Arrows. Longer range than a normal shortbow, but shorter than a longbow.

War Bow-Level 65, Uses all arrows. If on accurate, it his hard. On rapid, it hits often. On longrange, it can it the towers in the middle of the battle grounds from the catupult.

I do not know about the damage each bow does. I don't know the formula for max hits for Bows.

I believe this is a good idea, but I want feedback. Is 50 Runes not enough? Is 75 arrows to much? Did you read all of this? Are the thunder spells good?

I will stop talking now, and read your thoughts. Try not to burn the fourm down with flaming.

Instead of flaming, tell me what to do and how to fix my ideas

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

nice idea, i hate having to pay for c bow all the time. but i think they should just allow their ammo (mage and range) to be compatible with normal mage/range weapons such as the magic short bow and the ancient staff.

twig275.png

overpowered pl0x... i think mage is mutch more powerfull then rtange and mellee... thats why it can cost up to 4k / spell... rangers cant bind... melee cant bind...

and... free spells = free exp! then think how mutch normal mage training costs... around 200k / hor for just 35k exp/ hour...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

What about nature runes, chaos runes, body runes, mind runes, etc.? The new items you've suggested only save mages the elemental runes, which are the least expensive. Also, no new spells, unless it can be won as a prize for say, 200 tickets or something like that.

I also don't really like the idea of new range items.

Overall: Overpowers mages and rangers. Yes, it saves them money, but that's not the point of magic. It's supposed to save money, and besides, there's no way to retrieve runes. So a definitely no for the mage suggestions. The bows for rangers seem kind of pointless, as they don't cost much. And the fact that FREE rune arrows can be acquired, although not taken out is kind of surprising.

Remember, some people use Castle Wars for training. This would kill them, no matter if they use magic, range or melee. Even though this doesn't give XP, I doubt any mage trying to train magic with runes he bought or made would survive against 75 free rune arrows. And no one training melee would be able to survive against thunder spells or free ice barrages. Meaninig only rangers would survive. Who would want a Castle Wars in which you need to range in in order to win?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I think this is a relatively good idea. Though, I think the number of shots for mages should be increased to 75 as well.

People have said that the spells are "too powerful". I think not. How many people have you seen go in there in waste away runes in Ice Blitz? That's a pretty powerful spell, last time I checked. But instead of him having to spend money on spells that don't even get him experience, he could just get the proper staff and runes. It would give any unfair advantages in the game, since you would still have level requirements...

I really like the Thunder Spells. I especially like the Thunder Cloud spell. ::' Perhaps instead of giving both sides the same spells, they could be altered to fit more to their god. For example, Saradomin would get more of the Thunder spells, and Zammy would get more Fire spells.

A Possible Zammy spell could include (My own creation) "Zamoraks' Fury". Basically, when this spell is cast, the ground around the player (probably about 4 spaces out) would crack, and tounges of flame would shoot up. These tounges of flame would harm any opponents in that area. This would be like the opposite of Thunder Storm.

In case I didn't mention above, the different spells would have the same power as the opposite spell on the other team. It would just have different graphics, names, and elements.

About the bows... The only one that should be tweaked down a bit, is the War Bow. It would be a bit hard to shoot as far as the center towers, since you can't see them very well due to graphical limitations. Shorten it up just a bit, so the player can see where he is shooting. :wink:

The other bows sound pretty good. Overall, it's an excellent idea.

Just as Buckey said above, these would not give experience, so don't even start to rant on about "how easy exp would be". I will make it my goal to bombard you with messages on how stupid you must be to think it would. Seriously.. Free experience? LOL. :lol:

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I support the idea, but wouldn't Castle Wars get flooded with huge amounts of rangers and mages then? Because that is more powerfull than a simple warrior. Tangle from walls, and kill him. So easy..

That's when the players use strategy. There's an underground way into the castles that people can use. This would let them avoid being attacked by rangers and mages on the walls. Or they could use protect prayers. Another sollution is that they get their team to storm the castle all at once, and confuse the opponent. This would allow a player to slip in and capture the flag.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}