The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

Wow.....worst jad fight yet.

He hits a 77 off screen, then right after i drink saras, he hits a 83 to get me 1 hp. Then he finishes me off with a 53 ko....I didn't even see healers. :ohnoes:

Jad spawned in center last two times...this is bs.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the guide. i just got firecape. first time i ever saw jad and he was thrashing me XD

i had to heal with guthans on the healers like 9 times b4 i killed jad....

but i did it =D

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

:( , died on wave 360, 180, 90,90

180 came into safe zone, ran to italy rock, got attacked by boths 90 from each side of rock, and 360 finished me off with a 48 but i wouldn't of done it anyway have 3 doses of super restore left, and i was using about 1 dose per each 360.

Just gonna make some money and get better ranged attack bonus items.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

All depend where the monster spawns and how he wants to trap them, some monsters need to be lured to a different safe spot before they get trapped there.

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

:( , died on wave 360, 180, 90,90

180 came into safe zone, ran to italy rock, got attacked by boths 90 from each side of rock, and 360 finished me off with a 48 but i wouldn't of done it anyway have 3 doses of super restore left, and i was using about 1 dose per each 360.

Just gonna make some money and get better ranged attack bonus items.

I hate that wave.

And Muggi might want to add that Rune C bows are about equivlent to crystal bows in power and speed, if you use about 5k not picking up un-enchanted steel bolts and they go for about 50ea.

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I would recommend i higher ranged level than 70/71 (Leveled in caves =P, and completed achievement diary task, hehe) it's because it takes too long to kill 360s, i was using 1-2 doses of super restore per 360. =Z

S_I_G.jpg

I need to experiment with the crossbows to find out the recommended bolt type to use. The crystal bow is better than the dark bow because the crystal bow is at 10/10 the whole time via bow switching. Plus, crystal arrows are stronger than rune arrows and only 72gp each when bows are 180k each. Rune bolts are overkill and cost 1k each, though with the accumulator and projectiles which you can pick up, you should only need like 1k to 2k bolts. Gonna go smith some steel/mithril/addy arrows later to see which ones hit as hard as crystal. Without testing, I'm predicting mithril will be my ammo of choice.

I would recommend i higher ranged level than 70/71 (Leveled in caves =P, and completed achievement diary task, hehe) it's because it takes too long to kill 360s, i was using 1-2 doses of super restore per 360. =Z

70 range is fine; just bring more super restores or get a higher range attack bonus

77yLQy8.png

^^^ Or use range pots... ^^^

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

I went in with 3 range pots, 20 super restores and 4 sara brews. But didn't go in with the best equipment :( , so gonna get 99 fletch and money made from that get verac helm, fury, karils top, veracs skirt, ranger boots, and archer ring and if i do 1 level of str and string 10k bows i should also be able to get trimmed cape. So hopefully it should go better next time.

And muggi i had problems when 90 and 360 spawned together, near safe spot six or the purple dot.

S_I_G.jpg

Well I should have all the best equipment minus trimmed cape and barrows gloves. Fishing currently for Fury and bolt racks.

untitled6kv7.gif

I went in with 3 range pots, 20 super restores and 4 sara brews. But didn't go in with the best equipment :( , so gonna get 99 fletch and money made from that get verac helm, fury, karils top, veracs skirt, ranger boots, and archer ring and if i do 1 level of str and string 10k bows i should also be able to get trimmed cape. So hopefully it should go better next time.

And muggi i had problems when 90 and 360 spawned together, near safe spot six or the purple dot.

Run south of Italy after you kill all the monsters south of Italy and the purple dot monsters will get moved to north of Italy. Then you can kill them while praying against each one to take 0 damage

77yLQy8.png

I have a suggestion you add in your guide.

Logging out:

If you must log out, you will get a message to click log after the next round to save your progress.This DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN CLICK IT RIGHT THEN.I think you should stress that point , because I read it and though i could log right then so i did and it kicked me out of the mini game(I was at 360 90).

Also, is it very good that i made it to that round with 3 sara left,2 range pots, and 13(and a 1 dose) super restores left,is that bad or good?

And i am guthaning, but i find it hard to kill mosters at beggining,is it ok to replace a super restore with a scimmy?

Please pm/whatever asap if you can =)

Edit:dang this is my bros account lol

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

I have a suggestion you add in your guide.

Logging out:

If you must log out, you will get a message to click log after the next round to save your progress.This DOESNT MEAN YOU CAN CLICK IT RIGHT THEN.I think you should stress that point , because I read it and though i could log right then so i did and it kicked me out of the mini game(I was at 360 90).

Also, is it very good that i made it to that round with 3 sara left,2 range pots, and 13(and a 1 dose) super restores left,is that bad or good?

And i am guthaning, but i find it hard to kill mosters at beggining,is it ok to replace a super restore with a scimmy?

Please pm/whatever asap if you can =)

Edit:dang this is my bros account lol

I'll add the log out info. I dunno how good it is - as long as you make it to Jad with like 3 restores left you're fine

77yLQy8.png

This guide is extremely helpful, I got to Jad on my first attempt with no mess ups. Still had four saradomin brews and six super restores, but unfortunately he spawned in the middle and I got hit for 76 and then 25. Just need to get 360k for bow recharges and I'm good to go for another attempt...

Great guide.

I had my first full attempt before, costing me around 3 mil for equipt (it was my first charges cbows). It was going well, although I was hesitant during the middle that I didn't have enough Range and Super Restores to last me til the end. Anyways, got in a bit of a twist in the middle, with a 180 24ing me then 20 etc while I had the 360 on me as well. I got to Jad, and started pummeling away, potted to full, with 6 restores left, he spawned just below italy, perfect place. I was prayer switching perfectly, until...I panic'd whilst thinking about healers, and switched too early, I switched back extremely fast...but it was too late. Jad didn't give me a 2nd chance, he KOed me for 83. :(

Theres always tomorrow if I can burn this cbow. :) Not bad for 1st try anyways. More confident next time. Practice makes perfect.

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

I made it to Jad with 4 restores and 4 saras.

Got hit a 76, but i recovered. THen i got him almost havle health and i am pottin, and then i was to slow and got hot a 56 buy range =(.Ill just get more pots and try again =). I hope i am as lucky , cause i got Jad south of Italy rock \' :thumbsup: \' .

Now i know i can at least get there =)

When in faldore do as the dwares do.Mine =).

Proud Owner of the Coal Cart Co.:High prices for the miner:Low prices for the buyer.(Temperarelly closed/Pls dont pm me untill i reopen.)

what about the updated cbows, I find myself hitting faster and harder then krails cbow

vaan.jpg

cg1113.gif

master of killing Dharok with out Prayer :)

and bad barrows rewards (65 rounds and counting with no barrows item...)

cg1113, the new crossbows work very well. I've just been trying them out, and they hit very hard. With 81 range and a range pot using a rune crossbow and enchanted emerald bolts, I can kill everything about as quick as muggi does with his cbow and 99 ranged. Since you can use a shield with them, and since bolts are cheaper per shot and can be enchanted, I would reccomend using them. I'll post an example setup in a bit, and tell you some ways to make the best use of them.

Sorry it's been so long, I had to leave for a few hours. Here is the basic setup I've been using for my tries.

fightcavesequipmentseturm1.png

fightcavesinventorysetuau9.png fightcavesboltpouchsetuim3.png

Obviously, if you have a fury amulet, ranger boots, and/or an archer ring, you will want to use them instead. If you have the ranger method equipment that Muggi suggests, you can use that as a base and substitute in crossbow setup equipment. The best pieces I've found to swap are: the crystal bow for a rune crossbow (duh), the achievement cape for Ava's accumulator, and the empty shield slot for a zamorak book, leaving the rest alone. The bonuses for that setup are:

•  
    [*:3b2m1bk5] +30 stab attack

[*:3b2m1bk5] +30 slash attack

[*:3b2m1bk5] +30 crush attack

[*:3b2m1bk5] -18 magic attack

[*:3b2m1bk5] +167 range attack

[*:3b2m1bk5] +216 stab defense

[*:3b2m1bk5] +213 slash defense

[*:3b2m1bk5] +217 crush defense

[*:3b2m1bk5] +92 magic defense

[*:3b2m1bk5] +228 range defense

[*:3b2m1bk5] +20 strength

[*:3b2m1bk5] +17 prayer

Feel free to change the inventory depending on your levels and chosen equipment. If you have a low or medium prayer level (43-70) you will want to bring more prayer restoring potions, and if you have a low defense or HP level you might (maybe) need an extra saradomin brew. If you use a higher-defense equipment setup, you won't need as many saradomin brews (not that you typically need seven with my setup anyhow, but better safe than sorry). However, don't change the number of range potions; as Muggi has said, "The three range potions are essential. Do not use two, do not use four. Three is the perfect number :) ". For comparison purposes, the pertinent stats I have at the moment of this writing are 81 ranged, 80 defense, 80 prayer, and 85 hitpoints.

If you wish, you can also change around the various bolt types. I would highly suggest that using enchanted emerald bolts, since they hit hard and almost always poison within 2-5 shots, but the others are up to you. Even so, I would still recommend that you use a similar set. The silver bolts are good for reducing the cost, since you can easily safespot about half of the monsters and there's little point in using expensive bolts on them. These can be replaced by any cheap bolts, but remember that bronze and iron don't do much damage. The ruby bolts are good for hitting high damage on Jad; blood forfeit does 50s to him, and the bolts hit pretty hard normally as well. Obviously, dragonstone or onyx are better, but keep in mind that they can be expensive. Finally, unless you aren't going to use a bolt pouch, bring few enough bolts that you can always store all but one type in it at once, but remember to bring enough to get through the caves. I usually lose 100-300 of the silver and emerald bolts each time I go through.

Once I get the chance, I'll post some tips about how to use the crossbows to the greatest (and cheapest) effect. I have a couple of ways to maximize the bolts the attractor retrieves for you, I know an ecellent safespot Muggi doesn't mention in his guide, and I know how to lure tz-kih to safespots without getting hit by them. With luck I can get that information up in a couple of hours, or at latest by tomorrow. Until then, I hope this helps!

(PS - Muggi, if you think any of the information I provide in this thread is helpful, feel free to use it in your guide :) )

Sorry it's been so long, I had to leave for a few hours. Here is the basic setup I've been using for my tries.

If you have the ranger method equipment that Muggi suggests, you can use that as a base and substitute in crossbow setup equipment. The best pieces I've found to swap are: the crystal bow for a rune crossbow (duh), the achievement cape for Ava's accumulator, and the empty shield slot for a zamorak book, leaving the rest alone. The bonuses for that setup are:

•  
    [*:3t6a5s1r] +30 stab attack

[*:3t6a5s1r] +30 slash attack

[*:3t6a5s1r] +30 crush attack

[*:3t6a5s1r] -18 magic attack

[*:3t6a5s1r] +167 range attack

[*:3t6a5s1r] +216 stab defense

[*:3t6a5s1r] +213 slash defense

[*:3t6a5s1r] +217 crush defense

[*:3t6a5s1r] +92 magic defense

[*:3t6a5s1r] +228 range defense

[*:3t6a5s1r] +20 strength

[*:3t6a5s1r] +17 prayer

Feel free to change the inventory depending on your levels and chosen equipment. If you have a low or medium prayer level (43-70) you will want to bring more prayer restoring potions, and if you have a low defense or HP level you might (maybe) need an extra saradomin brew. If you use a higher-defense equipment setup, you won't need as many saradomin brews (not that you typically need seven with my setup anyhow, but better safe than sorry). However, don't change the number of range potions; as Muggi has said, "The three range potions are essential. Do not use two, do not use four. Three is the perfect number :) ". For comparison purposes, the pertinent stats I have at the moment of this writing are 81 ranged, 80 defense, 80 prayer, and 85 hitpoints.

If you wish, you can also change around the various bolt types. I would highly suggest that using enchanted emerald bolts, since they hit hard and almost always poison within 2-5 shots, but the others are up to you. Even so, I would still recommend that you use a similar set. The silver bolts are good for reducing the cost, since you can easily safespot about half of the monsters and there's little point in using expensive bolts on them. These can be replaced by any cheap bolts, but remember that bronze and iron don't do much damage. The ruby bolts are good for hitting high damage on Jad; blood forfeit does 50s to him, and the bolts hit pretty hard normally as well. Obviously, dragonstone or onyx are better, but keep in mind that they can be expensive. Finally, unless you aren't going to use a bolt pouch, bring few enough bolts that you can always store all but one type in it at once, but remember to bring enough to get through the caves. I usually lose 100-300 of the silver and emerald bolts each time I go through.

Once I get the chance, I'll post some tips about how to use the crossbows to the greatest (and cheapest) effect. I have a couple of ways to maximize the bolts the attractor retrieves for you, I know an ecellent safespot Muggi doesn't mention in his guide, and I know how to lure tz-kih to safespots without getting hit by them. With luck I can get that information up in a couple of hours, or at latest by tomorrow. Until then, I hope this helps!

(PS - Muggi, if you think any of the information I provide in this thread is helpful, feel free to use it in your guide :) )

in the pic....why lunar ring? y not archer

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

If you have the ranger method equipment that Muggi suggests, you can use that as a base and substitute in crossbow setup equipment. The best pieces I've found to swap are: the crystal bow for a rune crossbow (duh), the achievement cape for Ava's accumulator, and the empty shield slot for a zamorak book, leaving the rest alone. The bonuses for that setup are:

•  
    [*:4puofh9m] +30 stab attack

[*:4puofh9m] +30 slash attack

[*:4puofh9m] +30 crush attack

[*:4puofh9m] -18 magic attack

[*:4puofh9m] +167 range attack

[*:4puofh9m] +216 stab defense

[*:4puofh9m] +213 slash defense

[*:4puofh9m] +217 crush defense

[*:4puofh9m] +92 magic defense

[*:4puofh9m] +228 range defense

[*:4puofh9m] +20 strength

[*:4puofh9m] +17 prayer

Yes it is lunar, It might give some melee bonuses, or some poeple are poor (Like me) and cannot afford archer! \'

Also, I was thinking of brining 255 ruby bolts/dragonstone bolts for jad. ruby takes 10% of your life, and 20% of Jads (Like 100 damage), but dragonstone uses a dragonfire attack (like sheild, and dragons do) and I herd it can hit like 60

what do yout think?

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Because, as lavaownz said, I can't afford one at the moment, and the minimal mage defense bonus is better than nothing. That's also the reason I haven't used the equipment Muggi reccomends from the start, although I'm glad about that since this outfit works quite well for me :) .

Also, I was thinking of brining 255 ruby bolts/dragonstone bolts for jad. ruby takes 10% of your life, and 20% of Jads (Like 100 damage), but dragonstone uses a dragonfire attack (like sheild, and dragons do) and I herd it can hit like 60

what do yout think?

If you can afford them, definitely go for the dragonstone bolts. I know they can hit at least 60 with their effect (the rubys' effect hits 50 on Jad), they are stronger than the ruby-tipped bolts, and they don't damage you with their effect. The only reason I don't use them is that I have about 60k atm, so I can't afford them.