The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

Alrigh, I'm posting this on my Nintendo Wii, so I can't type much.

Do you think someone with:

50 prayer

70 range

70 hp

65 defense

can do it?

init helm

unholy symbol

init body

init legs

c bow

blk vambs

white boots

if I'm average on switching and not too nervous can I do it?

I'm seeing so many posts by lvl 100+ who failed with this

cliffside1ra5.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrigh, I'm posting this on my Nintendo Wii, so I can't type much.

Do you think someone with:

50 prayer

70 range

70 hp

65 defense

can do it?

init helm

unholy symbol

init body

init legs

c bow

blk vambs

white boots

if I'm average on switching and not too nervous can I do it?

I'm seeing so many posts by lvl 100+ who failed with this

Read the FAQ

77yLQy8.png

would it be possible to do a guide but not on videos?

because i cant work the raidshare and megaupload :cry:

otherwise, insane guide dude! 11/10

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

I just got my firecape, after a couple weeks of non stop tries thanks to techniques presented by Muggiwhplar. I thought I might toss out a few thoughts that I had for anyone in my similar skill level to help them out.

First off, thoroughly understand this map from muggi's low defense guide

safecornermonsterspawnsqx2.png

All monsters, including Jad follow this spawn pattern. So when you get to difficult levels, ie 180 and a 90, or 360 and a 90. You better be parked in the NE corner utilizing the italy rock.

About 80% of the time, if you are in the safe spot and wait for 30 seconds the monsters will get trapped below the italy rock.

10% of the time they will spawn in the blue spot (middle) and will walk to your safe spot. Not much to do here, if it is a 180 run to the south side of the italy rock and he will get trapped on the west side.

The other 10% of the time they will spawn in the red spot (NW Corner) If it is a monster you want to face last run to the south side of the italy rock and they will be trapped on the north side.

Some quick hits:

- If you have Guthans, wear the plate and skirt while ranging the 90's, they hit a lot less than if you were wearing your black d hide.

- If you are doing the double crystal bow method, learn about how many 360's you can kill before it degrades (probably between 2-4, depending on your range) then you can plan when to switch to your low bow for the degrade.

- I suggest using Prayer pots over Sup Restore pots if you can, they cost less, and if you are 38 herblore, you can make them yourself, at least recouping some herblore xp for the cost of a Ranarr. At 60 prayer, i always had plenty of prayer pot left over.

JAD:

- Realize that the first couple of times that you see Jad, you are likely going to die. Knowing this ahead of time will keep you from jumping off a cliff. Your prayer switching practice is nice, but it doesnt replace the real thing.

- If you get hit for about 50 by Jad because of a bad prayer switch, dont freak out, if you remain calm you can recover.

- When you first get to Jad, do nothing but watch his feet and switch prayers, even if you don't attack him for a few rounds. Calming yourself, and getting used to the rhythm of the prayer switching is more important than hitting him right away.

- Don't freak out when the healers come, stay in your prayer switching rhythm, and after a switch calmly click a healer for an attack; also, make sure auto retaliate is off for the healers (I left it off the whole Jad sequence which requires you to right click and reattack Jad after every prayer switch and potion drink)

- I wouldn't bother going to a safe spot to deal with the healers, as long as you have some Sara left and plenty of prayer, the healers wont kill you.

- You only have time for one event between Jad's attacks, so plan ahead, and right click a healer, or drink a prayer pot, or drink a sara in between his attacks, always bring the prayer screen back up, and always hovering over the opposite prayer protection (IE Mage, if you have Range on)

- For me, it seemed like the time to remove Jad's 2nd half of health took twice as long as the first half, probably not, but don't freak out if it feels like it is taking too long, focus on the prayer switch and keep nailing him.

- Definitely use Steel skin with the healers, as they hit a lot less with it on, and you will have plenty of prayer drinks left.

That is all I can think of at the moment, sorry to invade the thread, but I thought, some of the mistakes I have made might help future capers. If you have any questions for a guy of my stats, 93 CMB, ask away as I check tip.it quite often. Have fun in the caves.

Hutchdown

guthan,Hutchdown.gif

Do you recommend doing eagle eye or is it a waste of prayer?

Personally, anything that requires me to be distracted from Jad, I am against. The eagle eye will require you to drink prayer restores more often and could lead to a bad prayer switch. I didn't have it on, but it might make you kill him faster.

guthan,Hutchdown.gif

Awesome guide. I made it all the way to 53th wave, then I totally forgot prayer - I was chatting with my friend. 45 from 360, dose of super restore, pray on... 14 from 360. Well, another try tomorrow :). Im quite impressed that I made it to 53th wave.

barrowsmsanta,Saukko93.gif

Barrows drops: 17 - Ahrims staff x 2, Guthans platebody x 2, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks platelegs, Karils leathercoif x 2, Veracs flail, Ahrims robeskirt x 3, Guthans warspear, Karils leatherskirt, Karils leathertop, Torags hammers x2

am i able to use a 2/10 crystal bow????

No

Not even Close, Lol

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Lol jad owned me. I cant switch those prayers :D. First 25, then 56 :>

barrowsmsanta,Saukko93.gif

Barrows drops: 17 - Ahrims staff x 2, Guthans platebody x 2, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks platelegs, Karils leathercoif x 2, Veracs flail, Ahrims robeskirt x 3, Guthans warspear, Karils leatherskirt, Karils leathertop, Torags hammers x2