90 ranged pure, 1 or 40 def?

PR0X600

Im making a range pure and im going to get 90 ranged but im not sure if i should go with 1 or 40 def. I want to pk both f2p and p2p.. Is the 40 def worth it? Does it really even do anything i mean its costing me 10 combat levels... I really dont mind the 10 levels if its worth it because i want to be in the level 73 range anyways i dont want to be in the 60s fighting all pures.

Dont just be like DEF SUCKS because you hate defence pures, i want honest opinions from real experiences.

Thanks

with defence 40 you can wear rune (not good for range) and up to dragon black body.

it wont give you a big protection and you will be a few lvls higher, so i think it isnt worth.

No! You'll die if you try to kill that farmer!
nah whips should be as left as is. besides theyre the intestine of an abbysal demon (i think) have fun crafting that.

You need the 40 def to wear any sort of hides like people said, I imagine that'd be worth it for the immense range bonus it'd give you compared to highest leather. I think you might need to do d slayer to wear the hides though, but don't hold me to that, I did d slayer before all this malarky.

Junkieman608.png

in f2p i would say no bc the green dhide body doesnt give much of a bonus but in p2p you have black d hide body wich is almost as strong as rune so in member i would go for 40 def

p.s.remember to do d slayer before you get 40 defi think d slayer alone will get you 30 def or something.

Don't do it. You'll regret it =/

EDIT: Actually, lemme go into more detail.

When fighting a meleer, what is the weapon of choice for their side? A whip. What're dhides weak against? Slash. Even if they're using a dscim, you're still at a disadvantage. In those 10 combats, they could be up 20 att and 20 str levels. Get 99 ranged (95 if you're tired of training :P), and pk with one defense. At 107 combat, consider that 95 ranged will destroy me in about 10 hits if I'm not eating, but I'm wearing barrows armor. Consider that you'll be about combat 72 with this, and therefor, the people you fight are much less likely to have barrows armor, and much less likely to have a good enough max hit to actually affect you.

If you *do* decide to get 40 def, I'd make a fremmy pure. 45 defense, can wear full rune, and has really high strength with 70 attack (or more, if you want). With your ranged level, it'd be easy for you to get a fire cape, which is another plus. Don't take that the wrong way though, that build isn't the best, and your 1 def pker that you have now is much better.

40 def isnt worth it i would suggest either 1 def or becoming a tank which is around lvl 70 def, that actually helps a lot more than 40.

But if you get 40 wear a rune chain and full helm in f2p since green top doesnt help much

Knowledge is power

Since the dragonhide body also has an attack bonus, that goes some way to countering the 10 level penalty compared to 1 defence, with the bonus increasing for members higher level dragonhide - can you turn down +28 attack (black D-hide body - leather body).

It's less clear cut for the lower d-hides, with the green body only adding +13 and not really justified for its attack contribution.

Prayer, with the new ranged prayers, also adds to ranger power, more so in members, as it can be recharged using potions.

My advice only if your going to 99 ranged:

1) Level up defence until level 33.

2) Level up prayer until level 44.

3) Do quest Dragon Slayer (the reward will make you defence level 40).

Yes you will get +15 combat but that isnt that bad since most of players on members worth killing are combat level 70~95.

Ferrari355Spider.jpg