Salim123's Calculators/Logs - 15k Views? Ownt

salim123

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey sallim

can u pm me a video thats like a tutorial for how u did this?

im taking AP Java next year and i wanna get a little computer exp first.

thank <3:

This is pretty simple to do but it's just that no one had done up until this point;

no disrespect to salim, i'm deeply grateful for it - just saying that it'd take a while to do but not due to how difficult it is to do.

It also has nothing to do with Java, it's just excel formulae

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

hey sallim

can u pm me a video thats like a tutorial for how u did this?

im taking AP Java next year and i wanna get a little computer exp first.

thank <3:

This is pretty simple to do but it's just that no one had done up until this point;

no disrespect to salim, i'm deeply grateful for it - just saying that it'd take a while to do but not due to how difficult it is to do.

It also has nothing to do with Java, it's just excel formulae

i could make a vid but i dont know how to get the software

and yes your right it is very easy if you know the formulas

when i started this i hardly new any good formulas just the simple ones and i decided to make my own log which turned out to be very good

you can get alot from excel help bar or the interenet but if u have any more questions just ask me

man right when i get 2.7, 2.8 comes out -.-
theres no different except the title cellls are locked

Version 2.8 is just noob safing the sheet so they cant write over the formulas im also adding a picture guide on how to take off

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I may make a vid on the formulae but not set it up like you have if that's cool with you salim? (not definately)

yup thats fine you can set it up like mine to if u want as long as you give credit

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

I wish I'd gotten to this thread earlier, since I'm sure nobody will see this post, but, to anyone

who says that drops are random? No such thing as random. If a thing was 100% random, with

all possible outcomes having equal probability, then barrows gear would be as common from the

reward chest as runes, or even more common, since there are more types of barrows gear than

there are types of runes. It's pure chaos theory. If you look at it from close up, everything appears

random, but if you recorded your results, you'd start to develop some solid statistics.

Pretend you did 100 barrows runs and got one barrows item. Does that mean that the chance

of getting a barrows item is 1%? No, because your friend probably did 100 runs and got 5 barrows

items, while your other friend got 0. That's because the test group is too small to accurately

measure the odds when dealing with probabilities this small. However, if you did 1,000

barrows runs, and came out with 10 barrows items, we can start to draw out some better

statistics, because we have a larger test group. Your friend who got 5/100 last time almost

certainly would not be so lucky for a thousand runs, which is to say there's little chance he'd

get 50 barrows items in 1,000 runs. With a larger test group we can make better estimates

at the chance of getting a barrows item.

Now pretend you did 100,000 barrows runs, and altogether those runs earned you

1,000 barrows items. With a test group this large, we could say with much greater certainty

that the chance of getting a barrows item was exactly 1%, or near 1%. And then, if we go

yet another step up, let's say you did 1,000,000 barrows runs, and ended up with exactly 10,000

barrows items. At this point, with such a great test group, we can almost certainly say that the

chance of getting a barrows item is 1%. And then if you go higher still, and did 100,000,000 barrows,

and after all that you had exactly 1,000,000 barrows items, then we could say with absolute

certainty that the chance of getting a barrows item was 1%. Do you see what I'm saying?

Most of the time, people will only record 100 runs or so and try to draw a conclusion from such

a small test group. This is lunacy. If we had 100 people barrowing round the clock, until we had

exact data on the results for 100,000 barrows runs, we could draw far more satisfying conclusions.

rant>

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

this is true but random isnt allways random

random is a bunch of numbers lets say around 10grand so it seems random but it cycles all those numbers so it is actualy a long pattern

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg