Do you care about HDTV?

Faux

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family owns a HD TV, and I can honestly say - that the difference is bugger all to me.
Having a HDTV is only part of the process, you actually have to be watching HD broadcasts to enjoy the benefits. Otherwise its no different to standard def
I've watched:

Analog broadcast tv

Digital broadcast tv

HD broadcast tv

And in all honestly - bugger all difference between any of them.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Some people just aren't interested enough to notice a difference. The same as how plenty of people couldn't tell the difference between a game running at 1024x768 and 1600x1200 - they just aren't interested enough to know what each should look like.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I bought a 42" plasma LG back in February. I wasn't really getting the fulll benefit of it since there were no HD feeds in the UK at the time.

Then the World Cup was broadcast in HD... and I was soooooo glad I had HD then.

It makes a massive difference, although you may not notice much difference between regular and HD if you don't have a really large television.

There's loads of good stuff on TV now that's in HD, plus blueray and HD dvds are on the way (alhtough I'll be waiting a while before I buy one of those).

Harrington.gif

I bought a 42" plasma LG back in February. I wasn't really getting the fulll benefit of it since there were no HD feeds in the UK at the time.

Then the World Cup was broadcast in HD... and I was soooooo glad I had HD then.

It makes a massive difference, although you may not notice much difference between regular and HD if you don't have a really large television.

There's loads of good stuff on TV now that's in HD, plus blueray and HD dvds are on the way (alhtough I'll be waiting a while before I buy one of those).

That's the other thing - the lack of HD content. It'd be one thing if there was oodles of HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray, but right now I don't feel like buying into a possibly failing format that has little retail presence and a high price tag in addition to by multi-thousand dollar television, all to enjoy, what, more pixels?

Fuzzy analog broadcast on my 32" Westinghouse tube is good enough for me :D

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

:uhh:

Go and watch stuff from the '60s. Then stuff from the last few years. Throw in a few HD shows, back to the 90's, another few 60's some more 90's and another HD if you want and tell if you honestly think the difference is that big?

It's pathetically small in comparison, and considering that's what I'm used to doing - HD is nothing special.