Honesty

mixand

Well i was at the shop today and i saw a $50 note on the ground that fell from

a elderly man i was walking over to pick it up for him but another kid around 14 ran up and took it and put it in hes pocket.. i was disgusted, i told him it was someone else's and all he said was "..so? its free money" and he got some chips and a drink and walked off...

Would you picked it up and gave it to him or keep it?

Seen anyone do it before?

because i really wish their were more people who have better manners and more honesty but i guess.. well theirs not that much anymore.

(not all kids are bad, so don't stereotype.)

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

i would have given it to the man.

if i found the money without knowing who it belongs i woulf probably donate it.

(not all kids are bad, so don't stereotype.)

hehe, not all but most :-$

I was waiting for my train to uni, and a guy got off the train and about $400 in 50's fell out of his wallet. And in all honesty, if no one else was there - I would've kept some if not all of it. I'm generally honest, but in cases relating to money, I'm iffy. He didn't exactly look straight to begin with (where I catch the train there's a lot of dealers and shifty people anyways).

In cases like Darkricks, if you're dumb enough to keep larger bills in your pocket, it's your fault if they fall out. If I kept tons of $50 bills in my pocket, I wouldn't really expect anybody to run to me and return them if they dropped out of my pocket.

I wouldn't keep the money though. To me it matters more than the person doesn't get screwed. I like the thought that even if they think nobody will return it, they do get it back. To put it simply, I like surprising people positively.

I wouldn't feel morally "guilty" about it though if I found $50 in a shop and couldn't see who dropped it. Really, problems like this are nothing compared to real problems or moral dilemmas like murder and other things that happen daily.

if it was someone who would of really needed it i would give it... but i would well keep it if it was someone who was rich -.-

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

Omg, that's ridiculous. A old man picks up his money but a kid grabs it away? That's stealing.. :x

I would keep everything until ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì30 or something..(if I didn't see from who it is anyway :wink: ) But if it was a wallet or anything of value, I would return it definitely.

20a7yhg.jpg

At least, I think that.

Usually, when I see the money falling out of someone's pocket, then I'll give it back to them, but if I find money on the ground, and I don't see where it came from, I'll keep it.
Thats my motto but with a slight addition. If im in a club and i see a chav drop some money, its mine.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Usually, when I see the money falling out of someone's pocket, then I'll give it back to them, but if I find money on the ground, and I don't see where it came from, I'll keep it.
Thats my motto but with a slight addition. If im in a club and i see a chav drop some money, its mine.

Heh. The other night, I saw this guy who was acting like a jerk drop a ten. I kept it. :P

3898000bYVcx.png

Happened to me once.

Guy was counting his money while walking in the street, me and my friend was right behind him.

He dropped one 500 bill and I picked it up and ran after him.

Well the moral of the story is, you should never count your money outside unless im following you. :-w

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I was waiting for my train to uni, and a guy got off the train and about $400 in 50's fell out of his wallet. And in all honesty, if no one else was there - I would've kept some if not all of it. I'm generally honest, but in cases relating to money, I'm iffy. He didn't exactly look straight to begin with (where I catch the train there's a lot of dealers and shifty people anyways).

So around $300 US? Wow... :shock:

The most I ever found was $20. Which I later that day put into a September 11th donation, because that was back in December of 2001.

I did once find a ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì10 on the ground at Disney World a few years back. Which I happily kept. :D

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

If I saw someone drop a large quantity of money, I'd definately return do whatever it takes to return it. I might like it if someone gave me some kind of reward though. If I found money, with no way of knowing who dropped it, then that's basically the motherload and I'd snatch it right up. It's not stealing, and I might as well take it instead of letting some other person take it. But if there was a way to return it, I would.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Yeah and the worst thing is that the kid just got some junk food when the man probably needed it for bills or a Christmas present, he didn't look rich just a happy old man with one of those beret hats on (forgot the name they have shottish patterns on it)

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

If I saw the old man reach for it I would think it was his. :?

But if I just randomly find some money on the ground I'll keep it. Not that luck was on my side :-w

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Guest XplsvBam

I always give it back. Where I use to cashier at I worked alone and people would always hand over extra $20s and always walked out the door forgetting their change ect. Its not that I would have felt bad, but I would rather earn something anyways instead of just getting lucky. Money hasn't ever really had any ties with me and I'm not sure why that is, because alot of my family members are greedy.

Hehe, if I was into credit card fraud I could have easily payed for college and then some... you have no idea.

but i would well keep it if it was someone who was rich -.-

That's ridiculous.

That's like saying that "I'm going to take from you just because you worked hard in your life!"

Ridiculous. :notalk:

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

if bill gates dropped $1 and he walked away would you take it? :XD:

(Yeah sorry about that, if someone was heaps heaps far away or i didn't know who dropped it i would probably take it , but if i know who dropped it i would give it back) - meh i have no use for money anyway so i would give it to my mum or buy some Chrissy presents.

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

My new site. [bETA]

(Yeah sorry about that, if someone was heaps heaps far away or i didn't know who dropped it i would probably take it , but if i know who dropped it i would give it back) - meh i have no use for money anyway so i would give it to my mum or buy some Chrissy presents.

Yes, because Bill Gates can make way more than $1 in the amount of time it takes for him to stop and pick the money up.

Yes, because Bill Gates can make way more than $1 in the amount of time it takes for him to stop and pick the money up.

But he doesn't literally "make" it, he gets tons of money even if he's just chilling in the Bahamas, and even more since his stock value steadily goes up. So he loses nothing by spending time on picking up the $1.

That's ridiculous.

That's like saying that "I'm going to take from you just because you're rich!"

I think it's more acceptable somebody picks up my $10 and runs away if I have millions of dollars, than if I have no personal net worth and somebody takes my $10 I accidently drop on the shop floor.

I don't yet have 'millions', but I definitely wouldn't care if somebody snatched my $10 I dropped. However, if I saw somebody who clearly doesn't even have an income drop a $10 and an arrogant kid tries to steal it, I would care and tell the kid to back the heck off. They need a lesson.

Given it back.

I left my bag somewhere once and my MP3 player and money was stolen within 5 minutes before I could return. It really upset me and now I'll never steal or keep anything which isn't mine, because I know what it feels like when it happens to you. Think before you act. Act how you'd like people to act towards you.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

I would have asked for it, and taken it off him if he didn't give it back to me, or the man. Plus if you add the fact that he was elderly and most likely living off a pension, about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã80 a week, that's just dispicable.