Cricket: The Ashes, Australia Vs. England

jimmy_jim

Hey everyone.

I have started this thread for the discussion of The Ashes test matches.

The Ashes is international crickets most celebrated rivalry between Australia and England. It started in 1882, and is still going up to 2009.

It consists of 5 test matches, with around 2 innings in each. Australia are currently winning the series 0-0.

Whoever wins the most tests wins, and gets to retain The Ashes Urn. Which supposidly has the ashes off the test wickets.

Not many Americans would know about cricket, so if you are curious just post here. Cricket is mainly a game off Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, South Africa, England and Zimbabwea.

My old sig :P

australiavsenglandsigsp5.gif

I also have a thread running in the official runescape forums. If you would rather post there the Quick find code is 23-24-292-35337924

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old first post

flintoffcz4.png

Freddy Flintoff

Vs.

untitledys0.png

Ricky Pointing

Two of the best captains Ashes cricket has ever seen!

Hey everyone.

I have started this thread for the discussion of The Ashes test matches that have passed (1 & 2) and the ones still to come (3, 4 & 5).

The Ashes is international crickets most celebrated rivalry between Australia and England. It started in 1882, and is still going up to 2006.

It consists of 5 test matches, with around 2 innings in each. Australia are currently winning the series 2-0.

Whoever wins the most tests wins, and gets to retain The Ashes Urn. Which supposidly has the ashes off the test wickets.

Not many Americans would know about cricket, so if you are curious just post here. Cricket is mainly a game off Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan, India, South Africa, England and Zimbabwea.

Post here which team you support (Australia or England). ::'

Good luck Damien Martyn on your retirement.

australiavsenglandsigsp5.gif

I made it in about 3 minutes lol, i know it's quit tacky but if you want it in your sig or wateva this is the link: australiavsenglandsigsp5.gif

I also have a thread running in the official runescape forums. If you would rather post there the Quick find code is 23-24-292-35337924

-Australian Supporters-

1. Jimmy_Jim.

2. warri0r45.

3. Slash

4. darkrick

5. BlueLancer

6. jemathonical

7. nightspirit

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

-English Supporters-

1. assassin_696

2. Bubsa

3. issy2

4. RebelAssassin

5. Earpy

flintoffcz4.png

"Timmy! You're back my son!"

It's as if his long-lost son is running towards him for a hug after years of being lost.

..Sorry, but I don't know too much about cricket. I'd say Australia will win because they have a better team.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

GREAT TOPIC!!!!

i am a proud aussie cricket fan, from brisbane.

unfortuanately, i couldnt go to the first test, as i was down the coast for schoolies week \'<.< nevertheless, i watched the test religously and was very impressed with australias performance, particularly Ricky Pontings 196 and Glenn McGrath's '5 for.' Notable performances from Stuart Clark, with handy wickets, and Justin langer and Mike Hussey with thier contributions wit the bat.

The second test, quite simply, was the best cricket test match i have ever seen in my life. Notable perfromances in the first innings from Paul Collingwood with his double century (yes, i am aware i am congradulating a pom, wierd huh?) and our boys Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke fr thier centuries.

As im sure we were all thinking the test match was headed for a draw, the second innings changed the face of the match, all in the fifth and final day of play. Notable performances from the whole australian team on the field for thier dominance and pressure, particularly Shane Warne with 4 valuable wickets throughout his huge, unforgiving bowling spell.

Then, with the change of the ball to the bat, the Aussies came into thier own, showing off thier one-day skills, hunting down the total with a few balls to spare.

An incredible win, the best i have seen, well done boys!! =D> =D>

And my predictions for the remainder of the series? Hopefully a clean sweep, i think its hard to argue though, the Aussies will win the Ashes back !!!!!!

p.s. best of luck Damien Martyn with your retirement. =D>

:o :shock:

Very "large" post, lol. Well your down for supporting Australia.

Roy is back in the team wich i am happy about, i'de like to see Shane Watson though. Too bad he is hurt.

I wonder who is going to take over Damien Martyns place..

RIP Michaelangelopolous

C'mon Australia! Lets get those Ashes back!!! Loved the second test, awesome win, pity Ricky didn't get the first double century of this years ashes, oh well. Can't wait for the 3rd test to start, 4 days to go :)

GO THE GREEN AND GOLD!!

In regards to the second innings of the second test, I went to work expecting a draw or loss. Got home, flicked on the tv and they were on the display saying "11 runs to win" and i'm like "woah :|" damn that was a good feeling ::'

In regards to the second innings of the second test, I went to work expecting a draw or loss. Got home, flicked on the tv and they were on the display saying "11 runs to win" and i'm like "woah :|" damn that was a good feeling ::'

I was sleeping lol, i woke up and went to look at the tv i was like..WOAH! i was at my girlfriends house at the time and her dad is a total cricket fanatic so me and him were going crazy ::'

RIP Michaelangelopolous

flintoffcz4.png

"Timmy! You're back my son!"

It's as if his long-lost son is running towards him for a hug after years of being lost.

..Sorry, but I don't know too much about cricket. I'd say Australia will win because they have a better team.

My sig says it all :P :P

Aussies will win 4-1 or 4-0 Cant wait for the 4th test in Melbourne got tickets for days 1,2,3,4 :) will go to the 5th day if it goes that long

As just about all vics say how can Brad Hodge not be in the team... :-k... Damien Martyn walks away and they bring an all rounder into the team ... I don't get it :-k

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Roy is back in the team wich i am happy about

im also a big fan of roy, he hasnt had much of a test career to date, so if he is chosen, i hope he can get a couple 50's (or hopefully even a 100) and perhaps snare a few wickets too.

As just about all vics say how can Brad Hodge not be in the team...

dont worry mate, you victorians have arguably the best test cricketer ever - Warney. Almost 700 test wickets (about 6 shy now?) need i say more? It was his consistantly agressive and unforgiving innings that turned it around for the aussies (although our team performance and attitude throughout the 2nd innings was close to flawless) in Adelaide.

As just about all vics say how can Brad Hodge not be in the team... :-k... Damien Martyn walks away and they bring an all rounder into the team ... I don't get it :-k
I don't get it either, but we'll find out how that works in a few more days :)

What I'm really curious about, though, is what England plans to do now. They got a flogging here in the GABBA, then when they should've had it in the bag in Adelaide, they got ripped appart by the Australian attack. It was almost like they ran out of go and kinda limped through the final day :-s

I don't get it either, but we'll find out how that works in a few more days :)

What I'm really curious about, though, is what England plans to do now. They got a flogging here in the GABBA, then when they should've had it in the bag in Adelaide, they got ripped appart by the Australian attack. It was almost like they ran out of go and kinda limped through the final day :-s

For englands sake they cant play Giles again... god i can bowl better then him.. No spin at all on the final day.. And on the same pitch warne turned them heaps :-k

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

At the moe i'm making a Ashes thingy for my sig, spent about 1 hour on it already, so hard to freking size it :evil:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Yeah, we're getting our bums nicely pasted this year.

But for smeg's sake, pick Monty Panesar!!

Yeh, why not? Giles can't spin.

I think that if England want to win, they should drop Steve 'Radar' Harmison.

Yeh but I think Australia will win 4-0.

And I think Australia should bring Andrew Symonds in the team.

Go Australia!

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

For englands sake they cant play Giles again... god i can bowl better then him..

yeah, Giles was flat as a tack.. and Harmison has been ordinary... the only remotely good english bowlers have been flintoff and Bondie.. whats his name... ... ... ... thinking... ... ... HOGGARD thats 'im. :lol: forgive the ramblings :lol:

No spin at all on the final day.. And on the same pitch warne turned them heaps

how about Warne's ripper to Pietersen. Pietersen was like :notalk: then warne was like :lol: -bowled- :notalk: then pietersen was like :shock: :wall:

For englands sake they cant play Giles again... god i can bowl better then him..

yeah, Giles was flat as a tack.. and Harmison has been ordinary... the only remotely good english bowlers have been flintoff and Bondie.. whats his name... ... ... ... thinking... ... ... HOGGARD thats 'im. :lol: forgive the ramblings :lol:

No spin at all on the final day.. And on the same pitch warne turned them heaps

how about Warne's ripper to Pietersen. Pietersen was like :notalk: then warne was like :lol: -bowled- :notalk: then pietersen was like :shock: :wall:

I betcha Pieterson wouldve had a little sulk after that

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

just thought i'd give my props to Mike Hussey for playing so well lately..

hes just come to the Aus test team recently (late 2005ish), played about 10 or so test matches with an avereage so far of around 80.

seems Mike Hussey really did deserve a spot in the team, just thought id give him a mention.

what do u guys rekon.

Yeah, we're getting our bums nicely pasted this year.

But for smeg's sake, pick Monty Panesar!!

I agree and they have to really think about dropping Steve Harmison.. But really who can they bring into the team... Just have a look at this first over he bowled lol lol :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_CPxVkbpVo

homerhc6.jpg

Sigs Made By - Pink