Cricket: The Ashes, Australia Vs. England

jimmy_jim

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The English side need to take a look at them selfs... Hussy should have been caught but five of them looked at each other and said nothing.... Monty is a gun at least he wants to be in the play and takes a risk.. He looks like he might take a wicket every time he bowls... Unlike Giles lol

But looking forward to day 4 :P

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

The English side need to take a look at them selfs... Hussy should have been caught but five of them looked at each other and said nothing....

oh man, that was funny! if you look closely on the reaply, after Jones dives for it, IT HITS HIM IN THE CHIN! :lol: :lol:

How many innings are there in a Cricket game?

Does bowl over mean to beat?

each team in a game of test cricket has 2 innings with the bat, during which time, they have to score more runs that the other team does in thier 2 innings in order to win the game.

given this, you could say that a test match consists of 4 batting innings, in the following order (an example of Aus vs. Eng) --

Australia bats (1st innings)

England bats (1st innings)

and, of course, during one teams batting innings, the other team has (you could say) a bowling innings, during which they try to 'bowl out' (or 'bowl over') the other team by taking 10 wickets.

How many innings are there in a Cricket game?

Does bowl over mean to beat?

each team in a game of test cricket has 2 innings with the bat, during which time, they have to score more runs that the other team does in thier 2 innings in order to win the game.

given this, you could say that a test match consists of 4 batting innings, in the following order (an example of Aus vs. Eng) --

and, of course, during one teams batting innings, the other team has (you could say) a bowling innings, during which they try to 'bowl out' (or 'bowl over') the other team by taking 10 wickets.

Ohh ok. So to score, you hit the ball and run between two lines right? Before they knock off the wicket? If they knock off the wicket while you aren't in between, it doesn't count right? Do you stay at the line you are at and continue to run after the next hit like in baseball?

Ohh ok. So to score, you hit the ball and run between two lines right? Before they knock off the wicket? If they knock off the wicket while you aren't in between, it doesn't count right? Do you stay at the line you are at and continue to run after the next hit like in baseball?

yes, you hit the ball and run between the two lines, but if the bails are knocked off the wicket before you get to the other side, you are out and the run/s dont count. If you make 1 run and find yourself at the non-strickers end (where the bowler isnt bowling to) then you must wait for your batting partner to make 1 or 3 so you can get back on strike.

And as for the two wickets at the end of day 4's play... AWESOME!! =D>

Glenn McGrath !!! you little ripper!!! how good was Hoggard-bowled? I was out of my seat, personally. =D> :mrgreen:

Cook batted great today.. I hope england win... so Melbourne is not a dead rubber... Just got tickets for Boxing day.. ($150 Each...) Ganna have to take some pictures for you guys :P

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

it would have been good to see England win it, becausse now we all know australia has got the ashes and dont exactly need to watch the rest, but melbourne, will be good to see Warny get his 700th test wicket, and Hussey nother century

I3il2die: aka: BiRDiE

An Are Sole: Pure Def/Skiller...

it would have been good to see England win it, becausse now we all know australia has got the ashes and dont exactly need to watch the rest, but melbourne, will be good to see Warny get his 700th test wicket, and Hussey nother century

The crowd will be going off when warny gets his 700th wicket cant wait, Cost me a fair bit to go... :oops: bit of a let down thats the ashes is already over :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Sigs Made By - Pink

Lol :P:P I wonder if we will win all 5??

GO AUSTRALIA !!! WOOOOOOOOO

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Although England tried hard....GO MONTY!....They have sadly lost the Ashes, hope you feel good now all you Aussie fans.

Well, I guess England will win the next to tests, when its DOESN't MATTER lol :wink:

Itiessi.png

Returned to Runescape June 2011 after a 3 year break :)

just for everyones interest..

i heard on the news today that australia are keeping thier ashes winning 12 from Perth for boxing day.

now roy can get another chance to get a century!! :pray: :pray:

Brad hodge never going to get another chance... :x

homerhc6.jpg

Sigs Made By - Pink

sad news ppl... Shane Warne is expected to retire after the Sydney ashes test.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

i can honestly say, ive never been more saddened by a sports-person's retirement in my life.

Best of luck with everything Warnie, you have done your country proud!!!

=D> =D> =D>

i was talking about Warnie with my dad (also a cricket-nut) we both agreed he could play until he was fourty, he was simply getting better with age, like a fine wine.

Seriously, these last 3 test matches he has had awesome performances.

The next two are going to be a cracker now, Imagine the MCG crowd when warnie goes on for his first spell, and then when he gets his 700th!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: