~ . My First serious pixel attempt - WIP . ~

headshot007111

Well around 2.5 hours ago i started on this:

pixelrc8.th.png

It's taking forever but its addictive lol, i wanna finish it. Its meant to be a space marine from Warhammer, but a bit different lol.

Its 12:20 in the morning here so ill finish the linework tommorow. Please rate it so far and give and CC, also point out any irregularities in the anatomy / structure of the armor. Thanks :thumbsup:

Bye for now, ill be back tommorow :)

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

Finished the linework, it took me around an hour. Now onto shading :P

pixelxj3.th.png

Btw i didn't really know how to fix his hold on the gun :? But its good enough for my first work lol.

Lol I just realised that the gun has no trigger, ill fix that soon.

headshot007.jpeg

Lol omni's got it right, gl with it mate. Nice to see you try something serious, and do u collect 40k?

Looks like u've got some anatomy problems, his head looks dis-proportionate , body should be wider and his feet and lookin weird. Someone with some expeirence in anatomy will probably tell you exatly whats wrong. You going to do a bg aswell? (just to let you know the backpacks aren't jetpacks, unless you're gonna do an assauly marine who has a much bigger version of it :wink: )

RM

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Looks great so far :) Not a ton to comment on, but I'll stay tuned for updates! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

(just to let you know the backpacks aren't jetpacks, unless you're gonna do an assauly marine who has a much bigger version of it )

I thought they were, so that the marine could move faster in their heavy armour? That goes against everything I believed in... #-o :lol:

I can't help getting the thought in my head of the one that you drew, trying to use his jump pack and his head flying off... :XD:

md666.gif

Assault Marine with jetpack:

TemplarPowerSword.jpg

Normal Tactical Marine:

GW_Marble_Marine_f.jpg

Hopes that clears things up (got them from google, my painting is alright, but not that good:lol:). Might wanna fix up proportions based on the model :wink:

You mean Dawn of War: Dark Crusade? thats the latest game, just finished it as the eldar today, awesome game.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Ive only got Dawn of war, only had $20 on me at the time lol. Im on mission 11 atm, might get dark crusade some time.

For now ill leave it as it is. Its kind of hard to fix certain things, id have to make major changes to it, but its only my first pixel work lol.

headshot007.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
By contrast you mean I should make light shades lighter, and dark shades darker?

I think thats what it means, in art i assume it means to make more of a difference bettween the darkness/lightness of shades.

less -----> more

gggggo6.png

K, i thought thats what they meant. Well i get to work on that, i was just trying not to over shade it lol.

EDIT: Fixed some shading and put in a basic background. I plan to put some more space marines and other things in the BG.

pixelsq2.th.png

headshot007.jpeg