----No prayer potions needed for barrows? Lvl 84+

timmyboy1234

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most people who do barrows have enough money to buy expensive equipment. in my opinion, i prefer to use prayer instead of food because it leaves no room for mistake, plus, i can spare the extra $$

meh.. its an ok guide, not very original, perhaps you should make a guide on firemaking. thats pretty elementary--good luck!

night_of_arc.gif

most people who do barrows have enough money to buy expensive equipment. in my opinion, i prefer to use prayer instead of food because it leaves no room for mistake, plus, i can spare the extra $$

meh.. its an ok guide, not very original, perhaps you should make a guide on firemaking. thats pretty elementary--good luck!

Yes, i guess this guide is unoriginal, because there are hundreds of other guides like this arn't there...?

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

Rune pl8 + legs and blackdhide body + legs have the same crsuh defence. So it's better to put on full d'hide while fighting verac and torag (they use crush), so you get more mage bonus.

I think you are mixing two things up here. Dragon hides provide better mage DEF bonus than rune, but also give a lot more negative mage attack modifiers. Since you'll probably want to mage verac anyway, try to keep your mage attack bonus as high as possible.

Just in case, slayer dart is affected by armour and mage bonussen, it's just that the barrows brothers have such a low mage def that nearly every spell hits. Therefore, you should still care about your mage attack modifier.

phata_elise.png

It dosn't really matter what mage bonus you have when you are fighting the melee brothers because as you said yourself, their mage def is really bad + slayer dart isn't affected by it, only its accuracy.

Rune pl8 + legs and blackdhide body + legs have the same crsuh defence. So it's better to put on full d'hide while fighting verac and torag (they use crush), so you get more mage bonus.

I think you are mixing two things up here. Dragon hides provide better mage DEF bonus than rune, but also give a lot more negative mage attack modifiers. Since you'll probably want to mage verac anyway, try to keep your mage attack bonus as high as possible.

Just in case, slayer dart is affected by armour and mage bonussen, it's just that the barrows brothers have such a low mage def that nearly every spell hits. Therefore, you should still care about your mage attack modifier.

LOOOL

You should check the magic att bonusses with dhide and full rune!

Full rune: -51 magic att bonus

full black d'hide: -25 magic att bonus

... Is it me, or is -25 better? :-#

Compare Rune platebody to Dragonhide Body (black)

--> better mage attack

I said the thing about Verac, because he seems to hit less on d'hide (might also be luck), but I do have better mage attacks. So it either having 26 less crush defence or having 26 less magic attack bonus.

/\/\/\/\All posts above/\/\/\/\

I think black dhide would be good on verac instead of rune because they almost have the same def stats and the d hide has less negitve magic bouns then rune, therefor you will get around the same def, but with more attack bouns

/\/\/\/\All posts above/\/\/\/\

I think black dhide would be good on verac instead of rune because they almost have the same def stats and the d hide has less negitve magic bouns then rune, therefor you will get around the same def, but with more attack bouns

???

That's not true!

Dhide body: -15 mage att, +60 crush def

Dhide legs: -10 mage att, +33 crush def

Total: -25 mage att, +93 crush def

Rune pl8: -30 mage att, +72 crush def

Rune legs: -21 mage att, +47 crush def

Total: -51 mage att, +119 crush def

If you use dhide, you'll get 26 mage att more (=51-25). If you use Rune, you'll have 26 more crush defence (=119-93).

So, it's either way you like it, it doesn't matter...

Don't argue with a item researcher. :P

Actualy, you should, the first time I checked, I looked at the crush ATT (see other post) instead of the DEF :oops: ...

Oh...well...errr...you shouldn't argue with item researchers excluding de_lille_d

Don't argue with a item researcher. :P

Actualy, you should, the first time I checked, I looked at the crush ATT (see other post) instead of the DEF :oops: ...

Oh...well...errr...you shouldn't argue with item researchers excluding de_lille_d

HEY! Just because I make 1 mistake that, doesn't mean everything I say is wrong :shame: ! I was just saying you should check for yourself instead of just assuming something is true when someone says it is.

Anyway, I corrected myself ... (check 3 posts back)

Ps: How fast should you normally get an item? I have only got 1, but that was a long time ago.