----No prayer potions needed for barrows? Lvl 84+

timmyboy1234

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide. But I still have some questions:

Is it better to melee (whip) or mage Karil at 87 magic (slayer dart) / 75 att, 85 str ?

How do you manage to stay there for 3 trips with that inventory? I mean, you do need prayer for dharok (and perhaps karil) in the beginning, no?

What about leaving one extra melee brother for the tunnels (waste of time? It takes mostly quite some time to force spawn him at the right place)

I dunno how its easy for you, but for me (higher combat than you), its hard to kill Karil in tunnels. One time i nearly died because of that (rol saved me)

What about granite plate?

I would recommend using the new helm (from the fremmy quest) for barrows in stead of farseer. It offers the same melee bonus as berserker, yet no negative magic att, and a prayer bonus of +3

Nice guide. But I still have some questions:

- Is it better to melee (whip) or mage Karil at 87 magic (slayer dart) / 75 att, 85 str ?

- How do you manage to stay there for 3 trips with that inventory? I mean, you do need prayer for dharok (and perhaps karil) in the beginning, no?

- What about leaving one extra melee brother for the tunnels (waste of time? It takes mostly quite some time to force spawn him at the right place)

- I dunno how its easy for you, but for me (higher combat than you), its hard to kill dharok in tunnels. One time i nearly died because of that (rol saved me)

- What about granite plate?

- I would recommend using the new helm (from the fremmy quest) for barrows in stead of farseer. It offers the same melee bonus as berserker, yet no negative magic att, and a prayer bonus of +3

I know it isn't for me to answer, but I'm going to anyway :twisted: (I hope this answers your questions):

- I kill Karil with melee (dds+d scimi), i never have to use food, unless i get really unlucky.

- I tele each run (390 gp (I use runes) is cheaper then 4.6k (price of 2 doses ppot)).

- Tried that, IT SUCKS!!! I took about 45 minutes! Instead of my usual 15. You don't save food either, because of the crypt monsters. So ... :shame:

- Just use safespots ((invisible) ladders in corner room and stones in side rooms)! Dharok is the best 1 to get in the tunnels, because you can safely pray on Karil and Ahrim.

- Try and see ...

- Try and see ...

*The new trimmed skill cape won't make much of a difference with the +4 prayer bonus, so I would reccomend a Lava Cape or Mage Arena Cape

Ow please, will anyone ever learn that it's a FIRE cape, not a LAVA ( :shock: ) cape...

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Yes, of course.

Is it better to melee (whip) or mage Karil at 87 magic (slayer dart) / 75 att, 85 str ?

How do you manage to stay there for 3 trips with that inventory? I mean, you do need prayer for dharok (and perhaps karil) in the beginning, no?

What about leaving one extra melee brother for the tunnels (waste of time? It takes mostly quite some time to force spawn him at the right place)

I dunno how its easy for you, but for me (higher combat than you), its hard to kill Karil in tunnels. One time i nearly died because of that (rol saved me)

What about granite plate?

I would recommend using the new helm (from the fremmy quest) for barrows in stead of farseer. It offers the same melee bonus as berserker, yet no negative magic att, and a prayer bonus of +3

- It is better to melee

- Yes, if I stay for more than 1 trip, I drink a dose of prayer potion for dharok.

- It is a huge waste of time. Sometimes you will get lucky, but most of the time it will take you to long.

- Granite plate would obviously be better than rune

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

Thanks for the answer.

I tried to melee karil with just a whip a few times but it didnt do that good for me. Then i brought a super att, and dds ander it seems to work suprisingly well (4 specs, then change to whip). And my special is restored just enough for ahrim by the time i get to him.

You made me sell my santa and buy planks for 67 con so I could do barrows using this method :XD: And you made me want to train combat and slayer. :shame:
Why 67 con? You only need 50 :-#

Well, mahogany eagle lectern for home teleports :P

I wanted a few levels in con anyway, but you made me get 7 more than I had planned :lol: No offence! I just felt like barrowing when I saw your guide :)

They finally got it right.

Thanks for the answer.

I tried to melee karil with just a whip a few times but it didnt do that good for me. Then i brought a super att, and dds ander it seems to work suprisingly well (4 specs, then change to whip). And my special is restored just enough for ahrim by the time i get to him.

Really? I've never needed a Super att pot before, and I'm only 76 att.

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

so with 73 def how often do u get hit because i also have 73 def almost 74 so i am just wondering

Also if i run to the nature prayer alter between every run how many runs do you thing i can get in if i bring 5 or so ppots ill have at leas 50-55 pray before i atempt barrows. Mabey ill bring 12 or so sharks rest supplies and ppots and then goto the nature alter after each run witha full druid pouch. Money isnt really a problem i just dont have ancinets yet(too lazy to get 53 theiving) or w/e con level you need for karyll portal but i will do this stuff if i really get into barrows.

If I used Torags legs instead of v skirt and glory instead of fury would i still follow the best equitment part of the guide

Last Question would 70 mage really make a differnce then 67 mage if so its only 3k alchs so0 not a big deal for me to get considering i can make yew longs and nats.

Nice guide btw I already knew about this method but its still a good guide.

Sry if their is typos im horrible at spelling

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores