----No prayer potions needed for barrows? Lvl 84+

timmyboy1234

I imagine he runs out of prayer before he kills karil, as I normally do with more prayer than him

What about when you get into trouble, and verac or torag or guthan or ahrim decide to hit you.

I usually use 1 ppot for my 2 runs per trip, 1 dose to finish karil and 3 doses for my 2nd run, its safer and twice as fast as your method.

Also people taking barrows armour etc dont want to lose millions so a couple of ppots (15k) is not much money for insurance.

barrowsmguthan,bob%20baldrick.gif

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine he runs out of prayer before he kills karil, as I normally do with more prayer than him

What about when you get into trouble, and verac or torag or guthan or ahrim decide to hit you.

I usually use 1 ppot for my 2 runs per trip, 1 dose to finish karil and 3 doses for my 2nd run, its safer and twice as fast as your method.

Also people taking barrows armour etc dont want to lose millions so a couple of ppots (15k) is not much money for insurance.

Yes, I do run out of prayer, that is why I have to eat. I have never gotten in trouble before, and I don't think I ever will.

It is the persons choice to use a prayer pot or no, I choose not to, and many other people do the same. I have yet to die, and even if I did, the profit I made from barrows will be able to buy my armor back for sure.

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

Sorry, but there's a lot more and a lot better of those. You told us nothing you could get from those countless other guides out there. "Kill Dharok with prayer use the remaining on Kharil and kill the rest without prayer just eat food". the rest of your guide could be gotten from tip.it. At least your spelling was good, wich is more than I can say from certain other "guides".

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Sorry, but there's a lot more and a lot better of those. You told us nothing you could get from those countless other guides out there. "Kill Dharok with prayer use the remaining on Kharil and kill the rest without prayer just eat food". the rest of your guide could be gotten from tip.it. At least your spelling was good, wich is more than I can say from certain other "guides".
I havn't seen any other guides, that explain how to do barrows without prayer. All of them(except for the ones that use ancient magic, guthans, veracs and entangles) tell you to use prayer potions. Thats why I wrote this guide, because it's not as simple as you said "Kill Dharok with prayer use the remaining on Kharil and kill the rest without prayer just eat food". If I wrote just that, you would be dead when you tried doing barrows that way, unless you are a high lvl. Anyways, thanks for your comments...

Very sad.. Karil in tunnel doesn't mean taking 2 doses or 2 p pots, w/e. I duke it out the manly way! 15 monks at least to kill him in the tunnel. Thats my way and I do it without prayer.

Also note I have no barrows items and my friends, 100+ combat strong chicken out at the thought of using prayer pots, I don't blame them. I'm only 87, doesn't matter, just means more food. I sometimes have to make 2 trips in order to finish 1, its better then wasting 1 p pot (7,000 each). Just my thoughts. Same old guides. I used the 85 ~ 100 guide which explained nearly the same things.

Eat and pray on Karil, don't you mean Verac? Only did 50+ barrow runs and I know what I am talking about, yes there are too many guides out there. And your title is misleading if your saying use doses in the tunnel with Karil. I puff and huff my chest and take it like a man, I fear nothing.

Change the title to "Using Barrows With 1 Prayer Pot."

Very misleading, check my stats, I duke it out the old fashion way, I may be messed in the head but I know what I am talking about.

KARIL

Karil...karil...everybody hates getting him in tunnels. You will have to use 2 doses of prayer potion on him. It does not matter where you spawn him. Get your kill count(I get 12), and find the chest. If you didn't spawn him before, you will at the chest. Put on your slayer staff, set auto-cast, and drink 1 dose of prayer potion. Fight him, and drink another. Don't waste anymore, if your prayer runs out just eat. Now, congratulations, you have completed barrows only using a 2 doses of a prayer potion!

Very sad.. Karil in tunnel doesn't mean taking 2 doses or 2 p pots, w/e. I duke it out the manly way! 15 monks at least to kill him in the tunnel. Thats my way and I do it without prayer.

Also note I have no barrows items and my friends, 100+ combat strong chicken out at the thought of using prayer pots, I don't blame them. I'm only 87, doesn't matter, just means more food. I sometimes have to make 2 trips in order to finish 1, its better then wasting 1 p pot (7,000 each). Just my thoughts. Same old guides. I used the 85 ~ 100 guide which explained nearly the same things.

Eat and pray on Karil, don't you mean Verac? Only did 50+ barrow runs and I know what I am talking about, yes there are too many guides out there. And your title is misleading if your saying use doses in the tunnel with Karil. I puff and huff my chest and take it like a man, I fear nothing.

Change the title to "Using Barrows With 1 Prayer Pot."

Very misleading, check my stats, I duke it out the old fashion way, I may be messed in the head but I know what I am talking about.

KARIL

Karil...karil...everybody hates getting him in tunnels. You will have to use 2 doses of prayer potion on him. It does not matter where you spawn him. Get your kill count(I get 12), and find the chest. If you didn't spawn him before, you will at the chest. Put on your slayer staff, set auto-cast, and drink 1 dose of prayer potion. Fight him, and drink another. Don't waste anymore, if your prayer runs out just eat. Now, congratulations, you have completed barrows only using a 2 doses of a prayer potion!

Mmm, your talking about the section for the people with the worse equipment. This guide is made for people with barrows, I just added that so everyone could use this guide. If you really want to take 2 trips to finish a barrows trip, then you have to much time on your hands. The profit you make in runes will cover the 3.5k(not 7k, you only have to use 2 doses), which is more than worth the saved time.

The part of my guide for people with the recomended armor:

KARIL

Karil...karil...everybody hates getting him in tunnels. But with your equipment, he is still pretty easy. It does not matter where you spawn him. Get your kill count(I get 12), and find the chest. If you didn't spawn him before, you will at the chest. Put on your slayer staff, set auto-cast, and fight him. Eat accordingly. If you really feel the need to, use a prayer potion dose, but I have never had to. Now, congratulations, you have completed barrows without/only using a single dose of a prayer potion!

You really don't have to pray on Verac, I always like to laugh at the ones that do. Karil, Dharok, and Arhim are more dangerous than him. Even Guthan sometimes ends up wasting more of my monks than Verac. You should really try it with barrows armor, way more efficient, and much, much easier. And I really do recommend you pray on Karil if your using rune armor, you are going to end up dying.

EDIT: And I just realised that you said it takes you 15 monks to kill him in tunnels... I thought you ment in your whole trip. That is really funny actually...I use maybe 4 or 5(with barrows armor).

Forgot to mention, thanks for the guide. I just morphed another guide so I found a way without dying and without prayer pots.

I like your guide, tons of guides out there to pick and choose your own method.

I'm getting better at barrows, only 1 trip now. Just got bones to peaches.

I do have to thank you, I have been using this method in secret and usually I had to use prayer on all of the brothers, now I dont use any. So that is one happy customer for now, oh and btw I got an ahrim staff using this method.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

You should change the title a little bit.

Because you DID use a Ppot... But with 50 prayer :thumbsup: =D> Very good

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

I updated the guide, new format, colors, and updated pictures. Yes, zammy book is the best, and I have been using that lately, so I updated my equipment picture. I do not reccomend using the trimmed skill cape, as another +4 prayer bonus don't matter as much as the magic bonus.

Necromancer_Magic, the part of the guide where I say to use a prayer potion is in the section for the people that are going to be using rune armor, not in the section for the players that are going to be using the reccomended armor.

Mirrorforced, i'm glad that you like my method. You arn't the only one using it at the moment. :P To bad you got a Arhims staff instead of another drop, they are hard to sell. Good luck with your other runs though.

Actually you'd need prayer for Dharok because he can hit 50's and its very deadly if you dont react fast enough.Karils can also be a pain too.

Nice guide with the side stepping on the sarcophagus.

9/10

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

Its a nice guide but there was one part where I got confused...

You said once you kill karil you go to verac and so on and just completely skipped ahrim UNLESS karil is in the tunnels then you go to ahrim.

So your saying you only have to kill ahrim in his tomb if karil is in the tunnels?

Vector1.png

Its a nice guide but there was one part where I got confused...

You said once you kill karil you go to verac and so on and just completely skipped ahrim UNLESS karil is in the tunnels then you go to ahrim.

So your saying you only have to kill ahrim in his tomb if karil is in the tunnels?

Thanks for pointing that out. No, you have to kill Arhim even if Karil isn't in tunnels, I just made a typo.

just 1 or 2 ppts is not too mutch... its still only 14k... and most time my loot was already 50k+ from only bloods...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

K, thanks for the change.

Just one last question, shouldn't you put your torags body for verac? Just wondering because in the picture it shows you wearing torags body(Unless I just can't see it properly) and you don't say whether or not to put it on until you get to torag, then you said to put it on.

Vector1.png

Loved the guide, Only Two things... maybe you could have a verison for people who can't aford some of the things, and another thing is it's a fire cape, not a lava cape :D :P

Overall 8.9/10 <3:

untitled6kv7.gif

:shame: only interested about skirts? now you can see bottomless barrow brothers! :ohnoes:

Loved the guide, Only Two things... maybe you could have a verison for people who can't aford some of the things, and another thing is it's a fire cape, not a lava cape :D :P

Overall 8.9/10 <3:

He does, there is a version for the cheapest equipment below it.

Vector1.png

ok i dont see why everyone complains about using p pots most of the people who can do barrows can farm the rannars and make the p pots them selfs and if they cant then i dont see why it matters because 100 trips is only 700k worth of p pots if u use just 1 and im sure u will have made more then that in drops by then

and btw nice guide im prolly going to try it with 70 attack def range mage and 55 slayer i dont really see why strenght is important because i dont see where u ever have to melee stuff untill ur getting kill count

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

K, thanks for the change.

Just one last question, shouldn't you put your torags body for verac? Just wondering because in the picture it shows you wearing torags body(Unless I just can't see it properly) and you don't say whether or not to put it on until you get to torag, then you said to put it on.

Yes, you should. That part was just left over because Arhim was in fro...nvm. It will confuse you :P Changed it now :-w

Some thing you might consider:

* Only figthing Karil and Ahrim in their cryts and safespotting the rest in tunnels => no pray for dharok (and you need less food for monsters) (downside: takes a lot of time to get them to spawnin tunnels)

* Not using sharks: You can run to other side with Karil and Ahrim, and melees are being safespotted, no need for that.

* Using crystal bow (cheaper then rune arrows on the long run, i think)

* Tell people to use worlds where there is no one => less monsters in tunnels (i think)